Path of Exile is a real Devil -- here's why.

I havent been around in a while, and this is the first thread I read...

@OP

Beyond just saying "obviously", you really cannot compare PoE to GW. GW has HUGE marketing and playerbase. They are established. This means they will get MILLIONS of people buying the game, and it will continue to sell well for years to come.

PoE is very small. They have little to no marketing. To get back the money they put into the game, they have to depend on different things. If they sold it by box and gave you everything, it would be years before they got enough $ to even break even, if at all.

Props to you for supporting them the way you have, though. Wish I could afford to do so, even though I'm not even sure if I will be playing it again.
"
IZombie wrote:
I havent been around in a while, and this is the first thread I read...

@OP

Beyond just saying "obviously", you really cannot compare PoE to GW. GW has HUGE marketing and playerbase. They are established. This means they will get MILLIONS of people buying the game, and it will continue to sell well for years to come.

PoE is very small. They have little to no marketing. To get back the money they put into the game, they have to depend on different things. If they sold it by box and gave you everything, it would be years before they got enough $ to even break even, if at all.

Props to you for supporting them the way you have, though. Wish I could afford to do so, even though I'm not even sure if I will be playing it again.

Hey there, welcome back. It's a shame you didn't see my other thread, because it was honestly a lot better, but ran its course sadly.

Well, I can compare GW and PoE because I sort of did. Whether or not I should, that's another matter. Whether or not I can justify it, also another matter but one that I felt implicitly handled because I wasn't talking about the resources of either game. Not really. I was discussing the pitfalls of going the 'pay to look good' route. Both games will employ that -- it's just that one will give so much more for $60 than the other.

Whether or not that other game is staffed by a small army isn't relevant to the consumer, who is merely going to pick whichever one seems to them the best value -- and I was working within the framework of someone who is thinking with their ego, who cares almost first and foremost for aesthetics and character attractiveness.

I hope you do play it again, but to each their own. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I doubt people complain about the ugliness of the character in this game. It has to be where everyone look alike.

Its like looking at yourself in the mirror and don't know what to expect because you paid a lot and look exactly like everyone else.

The only way to get reconciliation is via this forum by telling us the ugliness of the character through other people perspective.

A big thank you to Gari11 for the beta key! <3 on 4/13/2012

My video review and build if anyone interestd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbgrcYkpPdw

Last edited by jsnazz on May 5, 2012, 6:32:47 AM
"
jsnazz wrote:
I doubt people complain about the ugliness of the character in this game. It has to be where everyone look alike.

Why?

"
jsnazz wrote:

Its like looking at yourself in the mirror and don't know what to expect because you paid a lot and look exactly like everyone else.

?

"
jsnazz wrote:

The only way to get reconciliation is via this forum by telling us the ugliness of the character through other people perspective.

?
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
"
Flauros wrote:
"
jsnazz wrote:

Why?

"
jsnazz wrote:

?

"
jsnazz wrote:

?

Yea I'm confused too.

Personally I love the way my character looks.

I complain about and return any mirror that I do not look good in.

Final paragraph I don't understand at all.
Last edited by Flytheelephant on May 14, 2012, 1:53:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info