[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
ltt26905 wrote:

If i 6 link it and put support gem in, can i have a 7 link HoAg?

Probably. At least eg death aura has same wording. It should need only 6S and not 6L too if it works the same way. There is even Dendrobate with it in trade so could do shitty 8L perhaps.
Last edited by Damezumari on Nov 7, 2021, 3:24:57 PM
"
Damezumari wrote:
"
ltt26905 wrote:

If i 6 link it and put support gem in, can i have a 7 link HoAg?

Probably. At least eg death aura has same wording. It should need only 6S and not 6L too if it works the same way. There is even Dendrobate with it in trade so could do shitty 8L perhaps.

that 58% reduced armor/evasion/es though goes against this whole build though lol
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Nov 7, 2021, 6:39:52 PM
Hey dude, could you add me on discord im kinda confused about your build and would really like some help Chaos..#3239 is my discord, as the pob is really messy and causing alot of confusions ive only got 20ex to invest into the build please gimme a hand
Hi,this build is really charming and thx your hard work on this guide!I just got some question which makes me confused. Maybe you can explain some for me if you have time.

1.How does CwS work properly since we may got many stun avoidance. You mentioned if we choose bastion of hope may cause immune to stun and have to use Cwdt. Could this happened when I reach total 80% or 90% expectation not be stunned?

2.Since I got nearly 90% crit reduction form shield and watcher's eye, I may want to change from Solaris to Brine King for frozen immunity. Should I also change to Cwdt just because of Brine King's stun immunity? I just don't understand how much difference between CwS and Cwdt, just know CwS is better. Does Cwdt triggered really much less or just a little?

3.I find most of ailment avoidance source in pob is two ring's implicit and could be expensive. If I don't get this and not choosing Brine King, is it necessary to obtain some avoidance from other place like anointed flesh or just be fine.

4.Should I choose Lv.20 divergent HoA or Lv.21 HoA if I can't afford 21 divergent now. Just can't figure out which is more important between lacking 15% chance of poison and losing one HoA level.

Since my English speak not very well, thx a lot for your patience!
Last edited by seventhcat on Nov 8, 2021, 2:15:41 AM
"
Hey dude, could you add me on discord im kinda confused about your build and would really like some help Chaos..#3239 is my discord, as the pob is really messy and causing alot of confusions ive only got 20ex to invest into the build please gimme a hand

Hi ChaosxFear,

I don't use discord, but perhaps the short edition of the build (page 50) support a bit:

TLDR:

To make it the simplest, go to the first page and look for
"Choose your edition - balance your defences and offensive"

You'll find the 3 main builds with PoB under the spoiler.

2 spoilers after, you'll find "Gear, Skills, Links".
A good explanation of the overall stuff.

Finally, look for "Tipps for beginning, levelling, gearing, trading and Leaguestart" (a bit lower)

You'll find the best ways to do your way from lvl 1 to 100.

Good luck !

TLDR: Follow the PoB. Get the sockets.

Get:
Araakalis Fang
Memory Vault
Aegis Aurora
Skin of the Lords
Gloves integrating faster casting
Circle of Nostalgia
Rainbowstride

Start clearing yelow to red maps.

I dont know any other build that gets you so cheap into red maps.

From there you start working for endgame gear. Skin of the Lords, Auls uprising, watchers eye, Clusters, yewels and a good stygian vise.

Thanks to Chimnei_Moon and Humtol!
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 8, 2021, 2:53:18 AM
bigest adventage of CwS is that we can trigger max lv gems, leveled Cwdt wont proc so ofen.
"
seventhcat wrote:
Hi,this build is really charming and thx your hard work on this guide!I just got some question which makes me confused. Maybe you can explain some for me if you have time.

1.How does CwS work properly since we may got many stun avoidance. You mentioned if we choose bastion of hope may cause immune to stun and have to use Cwdt. Could this happened when I reach total 80% or 90% expectation not be stunned?

2.Since I got nearly 90% crit reduction form shield and watcher's eye, I may want to change from Solaris to Brine King for frozen immunity. Should I also change to Cwdt just because of Brine King's stun immunity? I just don't understand how much difference between CwS and Cwdt, just know CwS is better. Does Cwdt triggered really much less or just a little?

3.I find most of ailment avoidance source in pob is two ring's implicit and could be expensive. If I don't get this and not choosing Brine King, is it necessary to obtain some avoidance from other place like anointed flesh or just be fine.

4.Should I choose Lv.20 divergent HoA or Lv.21 HoA if I can't afford 21 divergent now. Just can't figure out which is more important between lacking 15% chance of poison and losing one HoA level.

Since my English speak not very well, thx a lot for your patience!

Hi seventhcat,

thank you very much and let them crawl!
But my english remains keep being the most horrible catastrophical top 1 please!! Hehehehe!

1. Cwdt proccs much more often, also when you block stunning hits, also with stun avoidances. Don't stack stun avoidances too high.
I do not advice to bastion of hope, but it's a variant, then use mandatory cwdt high level for frostshield because of the 100% avoidances.
Ingame you make the experiences that cws is much better proccing and time of need a strong choice.

2. Brine king is very nice, especially against shaper. As far as I know it works with cws, but it is triggered only each 2 seconds, that is in full deliriums sometimes not fitting for frostshield, use it prefered when you have not enough sources of freeze immunities. When cws don't proc, use cwdt or change Pantheon. All linked skills of cws are very important for defences and damage. You have to build up a fast and reliable triggering cws or cwdt-setup and need frosthield level 20 in t16 red maps.

3. Yes, you can go without the ailments immunities, no problem. In rings they are hard to get, yes. Take some on jewels with harvest, on rare boots, or simply pantheon and eventually tempestshield are more than enough. Only in hc you need them mandatory and get them also on boots, flexible sentry, militant faith etc., see page 50 "hardcore".

4. Lvl 21 is more important! 2 passives serpentine spellslinger and faster casting are enough without lvl 21 divergent HoA.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 8, 2021, 10:48:57 AM
need to

only lvl 87 right now....need to level more..profile is public....gloves are just place holder until i get better..how can i improve single target damage...bosses take awhile...just took me damn near 8min to kill chimera...tanky af but single tgt dps sucks...
Last edited by xmasbby78 on Nov 8, 2021, 6:02:04 AM
"
xmasbby78 wrote:
need to

only lvl 87 right now....need to level more..profile is public....gloves are just place holder until i get better..how can i improve single target damage...bosses take awhile...just took me damn near 8min to kill chimera...tanky af but single tgt dps sucks...

Hey xmasbby78,

awakened minion damage and anomalous/ awakened viciuous projectiles are fast upgrades. For maping take pierce instead vile toxins.

All important factors are ranked in the spoiler "checklist damage".

Often the generating of virulences is forgotten: serpentine spellslinger and pure agony raises damage much.

Take a look on the counter of the HoA virulences buff. With 55-60 you deal 4x times the damage as with 20-30.

Best sequenze is:

2× stormbrand, ball-lightnings spamming, 2x stormbrand, ball-lightnings spamming

Or try out (anomalous) spellecho for more virulences while facetanking instead stormbrands.

Your gear is nearly b.i.s., congrats!
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 8, 2021, 9:08:46 AM
Hey, Chromino. Here's a contribution from me:

Link for this post: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/287#p24396858

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Cold Iron Point vs Arakaali's Fang.
CIP a pretty viable alternative at some point, being budget and gameplay friendly.

When it is best to use CIP:

Spoiler
Mid-budget.

There is a huge damage breakpoint of Herald of Agony at lvl 31, with CIP it can be achieved for a lot cheaper:

- The skin of the Lords (+2)
- Empower lvl 3 (+4) or Awakened minion damage lvl 3 (+1) + Empower lvl 2 (+3)
- Chaos Mastery on the passive tree (+1)
- HoAg lvl 21 (lvl 20 is doable if u have both Empower lvl 3 and Aw minion damage lvl 3)
- CIP (+3)

At this point, when you can get hoag lvl 31 with CIP and cannot with AF, the damage gap between CIP and Arakaali's Fang is the lowest with just ~10%.

Pros and cons of CIP vs AF:

+ No spiders gameplay (This is insanely big QoL for those who can't get used to spiders summoning).
+ Free flask slot. Many options here.

- Damage is still lower
- Wither + spell totem + multiple totems is a must-have for bosses, but it dies fast.
- Chain (Awakened) or fork (Awakened) support is required instead of the pierce - more mana problems. I elaborate on this below.
- No onslaught.

When it is best to use Arakaali's Fang:

Spoiler
Low budget and High budget.

On a low budget, just 3-link spiders will do more damage than your entire 6-link HoAg (no skin of the lords, no empower, no awakened gems, no chaos mastery, etc). So, it must be a chase item early.

On a high budget, when you can get lvl 31 hoag using AF, it overshadows CIP by a very huge margin (~20%) again.

Pros and cons of AF vs CIP:

+ More damage anyway.
+ Pierce is fine, spiders finish damaged monsters.
+ Reliable Wither (spiders don't die), and apply it all time.
+ Onslaught

- Clunky. I elaborate on how to deal with it below.
- More expensive. 4ex week 1? 1ex week 3? CIP price got down for 10 times already.

2. Spiders. How to Arakaali's Fang.

Well, the most clunky part of this build. No need to deny it, bc it's obvious. Even I felt really bad with the default self-casting setup at first, so I had to find alternatives last league.

Spoiler
To summon spiders there are 2 conditions required:

1. Corpses nearby.
2. Kill.

You won't summon spiders if you just press flask and kill worms w/o corpses around. You won't summon any spiders if enemies or allies kill worms first.

The normal way to summon spiders is:

I. Desecrate, twice (or in the middle of the dead pack).
II. Kill worms.

But, in normal circumstances this feels clunky af, bc u had to stop ur mapping to summon worms pretty often, right?
Or are you getting pissed by failing to summon for whatever reason? No corpses, no kills, enemies and crawler around hunting YOUR worms, etc.

I know how it feels, bro.

And here are BEST ways to deal with it:

Spoiler
1. Cold Iron Point. No spiders - no problem, right? Most obvious solution. Trading a bit of damage for QoL. It's reasonable, doable, why not.

2. Gravebind. Budget mapping option, very good. Literally, a lifesaver on early mapping.

Why:
Spoiler
With them, HoAg will summon spiders, spiders will summon spiders, your party will summon spiders, etc.

The downside is - bossing damage of HoAg will be low, bc gravebind is bad for virulence uptime.

EDIT: Virulence problem solved here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/302#p24411100

Well, early spiders will do more damage than HoAg anyway, and with the Gravebind, your spiders' uptime is 100%. If not - press some flask from time to time.

Gameplay example: https://youtu.be/cGNUR78fnds

3. Culling strike. This was the best solution prior to 3.16, before gravebind was introduced.

Explanation:
Spoiler
Culling strike helps you to get kills for summoning spiders.

Also, it can be either the cheapest solution with just culling strike support skill gem, or the most expensive one with double influenced gloves, which allows 1 button gameplay:

Gameplay example: https://youtu.be/a_Tr-t9inV4

There was an entire page with the discussion of culling strike/cyclone gloves with some videos of virulence uptime with the different skill gems at the end of the page:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/187

4. Unbound Ailments instead of Minion Damage in Arakaali's Fang. Chromino, please.

How it works:

Spoiler
UA support increases the Poison damage of the spiders, as a result - more enemies die by poison applied by spiders - and it counts as you get the kill in this case, which fulfills the second condition of summoning.

Also, Unbound Ailments is 15% stronger than minion damage support for spiders. In all cases, even if enemies have strong chaos resistance. Again, Chromino, please.

Bonus: Corpsewalker boots.

They automate desecrate (creating corpses out of the air), but in short - not worth it. Boots slot is too precious to waste it on corpsewalkers.

3. Clear.

Really quick:

Spoiler
For Cold Iron Point:
Spoiler
Chain (awakened) Support > Fork Support (awakened) > Pierce (anomalous) Support.

Chain is absolutely best for mapping, but it's mana multiplier like pierce + vicious proj both.

The awakened fork is a "budget" thing for CiP, but it is still undeniably better than pierce, bc CiP has no spiders to kill damaged mobs.

Pierce is ok. Yep. The best single target out of 3, and the easiest to fit.

For AF:

Spoiler
Read for CiP above and git gud

Last edited by monik390 on Nov 18, 2021, 10:57:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info