[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
althetic wrote:
Thank you. But how this will improve my dmg ? Sorry if this question is noobie

rises lv. of your gems.
btw u have HoA lv 10 ... this will deal almost no dmg ;) base damage scales with gemlevel.
get lv21 gem, costs few c.

after u got all items and gems your HoA will have 28-30lv.
Last edited by Kenavru on Nov 7, 2021, 7:03:31 AM
"
althetic wrote:
Thank you. But how this will improve my dmg ? Sorry if this question is noobie

The +1/ +2 increased gemlevels of the skins buffs your damage much too.

For more damage take in also more clusters of "pure agony".

I guess you can switch to CI also right now.

Aah, yes, and like Kenavru writes above, get in trade a hoA lvl 21 (or 20) for most fast damage.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 7, 2021, 7:08:06 AM
Thank you after all advices I effort to buy 1 extra cluster and I upgraded HoA gem. The feeling is much better I must say!
Next goal is armour, but the one with the colours I need is about 30-40c , so need to collect them first.

What do you mean with moving to CL?
@Chromino

I've looked at your char and you don't use Storm Brand anymore. Still you have skilled Runebinder. Is there something I'm missing? I know there is a s***ton of synergies in this build and I might oversee the use of this node since this is the first time playing this build.^^

Anyways nice build! I've always wanted to give a really tanky character a try. Now the time has come ;)
"
Epictrueness wrote:
@Chromino

I've looked at your char and you don't use Storm Brand anymore. Still you have skilled Runebinder. Is there something I'm missing? I know there is a s***ton of synergies in this build and I might oversee the use of this node since this is the first time playing this build.^^

Anyways nice build! I've always wanted to give a really tanky character a try. Now the time has come ;)

Hi Epictrueness!

Hehehe, let the spiders dance!

I am loving trying around a lot different set-ups and to check and max out and optimize the new tree and set-ups. While levelling for example I had not enough jewelsockets, so spellecho and ball-lightnings generate more virulences as stormbrand. 3x stormbrand instead has more advantages for speedlevelling and moving while generating virulences.

Just now I will change perhaps memory vault out of the build, because a rare helmet without unique manamultipliers of MV has much advantages. I am also checking a lot about choosing fullblock or glancing blows, but still recommend in high tiers to fullblock.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 7, 2021, 11:29:03 AM
Hi Chromino,

how important is withering step for this build? I dont have enough sockets to fit it in. Is it worth it to get rid of e.g. molten shell and put in withering step?

Also I am currently at 20k armor (unbuffed), is there a good and easy way to increase this (besides using determination)?

Thanks in advance,
Philey
"
Philey wrote:
Hi Chromino,

how important is withering step for this build? I dont have enough sockets to fit it in. Is it worth it to get rid of e.g. molten shell and put in withering step?

Also I am currently at 20k armor (unbuffed), is there a good and easy way to increase this (besides using determination)?

Thanks in advance,
Philey

Hi Philey,

you get more armour with higher determination skill and you should take armour as stat on belt.

Withering step is only important to get some withers for fast levelling without arakaali's fang, when you still not deal high damage or later for some more ehp.

You can take all movements you prefer: see spoiler "Controls, keybindings, movement".

I push it out even often and take it only for levelling or when I want some tankyness against big bosses. Fullgeared with enough sockets I personally prefer the combination of frostblink and phaserun on lmb in lategame.

Molten shell is our most effective guardian skill with 70% dr, keep it always in.
It synergizes perfect with frostshield, use it in harvest, heist doors, before you open scourges, in all damagepeaks or for tanking sirus meteors etc.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 8, 2021, 10:50:02 AM

If i 6 link it and put support gem in, can i have a 7 link HoAg?
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
I'm definitely interested to see how many people run the full damage build vs full defense build. personally, I'm capped on both attack and spell block and 6k ES, but ive kind of taken bits and pieces from each build and molded them together. so far its worked, but im genuinely interested in other peoples tree selections

Hehe, yes, that's an interesting questions.

Here are some statistics at these days in poeninja-leaderboards (including only level 95 to 100). In the desktop-view you can select a lot skills and gear or masteries in the menues:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Guardian&skill=Herald-of-Agony

30 % uses glancing blows.

I don't know if here are counted in some keystones on body armour skin of the lords. But I think overall it means 70% use fullblock.

21% uses the chaos mastery +1 skill with 5 passives for more damage

3% only uses hatred aura for more damage

87% uses arakaali's fang
"
ltt26905 wrote:

If i 6 link it and put support gem in, can i have a 7 link HoAg?

I would love to know too, hehehe!

I guess not, but I would love to know for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info