Chrome Extension to detect recipes in your inventory

"
Spacke wrote:

JavaScript and especially jquery is not my language of choice as well but i already thought of forking your project. It would be awesome, if you could add a few more inline comments as it is very hard to get into the code.

Indeed.

Once I've fixed this bug I'm going to stop development on this tool so I can focus on the stand-alone rewrite in proper Java.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
"
TJJ wrote:

Once I've fixed this bug I'm going to stop development on this tool so I can focus on the stand-alone rewrite in proper Java.

I would definitely follow your project and try to contribute to it.

Edit: Chromium is still emerging...
Edit2: Running it on a very old computer didn't help either...
Last edited by Spacke on May 30, 2012, 8:42:19 AM
It found 8 orbs for me, and mentioned like 6 others that were close
"
Metronomy wrote:

Just 8? :D So far i made 2 regals and about 20 alchs per day with that thing. :)
"
Spacke wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:

Just 8? :D So far i made 2 regals and about 20 alchs per day with that thing. :)

Lol sounds like i need to play more. I have 15 of my stash tabs with nothing but rares, and thats after selling all the ones i could for regal.
The most valuable lesson I've learnt from collecting rares is to discriminate.

I began by collecting everything.
Then I bought stash space. (up to 7 pages)
Then I sold all my 4x2 items, and stopped collecting them.
Then I bought more stash space. (up to 9 pages)
Then I bought even more stash space. (up to 12 pages)
Then I sold all my 3x2 items, and stopped collecting them.
Now I'm approaching full again!

Relying on trade to keep the numbers down is less than ideal; trade is slow, and not reliable.

I'm hoping that my expanded stash & discriminating selection criteria will be enough to ensure I reach 'break-even' (finding matches at the same rate that I'm picking up rares) before I again hit my stash limit.

If not I might have to drop an item type that doesn't share it's naming pattern with other rares.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
Well, if I don't have enough matches, then I just sell one or two item sets for a chaos and have enough space again. ;)
This actually sounds pretty sick, looks like a great tool.
"
TJJ wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
I tried to implement it to an Iron 12 (Chrome-based browser) and got an "CRX_Magic_Number_Invalid" error.

No idea I'm afraid, the inner workings of Chrome are a mystery to me and I've never even heard of Iron 12.

The crx is being constructed by Chrome itself, so it should be completely valid & correct crx.

You could try unzipping the crx (it is fundamentally just a regular zip file), enable Developer mode ("chrome://chrome/extensions/"), "Load unpacked extension..." and point it at the location you unpacked it to.

Now I noticed two things: the only way to use chrome extensions in Iron is the "load unpacked" method you mentioned. Then, I made a mistake with the download, its a bit hidden, at least if you have to DL it.
But then, finally, it works! even with my old, portable version 12 of Iron (actual is 19). Could be an option for others who dont like to help google collecting data ;-D

Things I noticed while use:

- seem to take only data from default chars (should be added to description)
- description seem to demand running the game, thats not neccessary to grab your data.
- the buttons to drag the rare list to the clipboard, and to compare, seem to do nothing here; any hint how I can help investigate this?

suggestions:
-make the list csv (add commas) to easify the handling with the output text file.
-use a variable to insert the charname into the output list instead of just "char".

conclusion: thanks for that nice tool!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on May 31, 2012, 7:35:04 AM
general thoughts:

-a feature to automate trading (handling trades between players that dont have to be online on the same time) is absolutely neccessary for at least the beta release (when a lot of new players fall in)

-for sorting the stash out, you could sell bigger items, or items with not-so-common names, or lower matches - I'm actually thinking about a "best" strategy... and sort out big stuff with uncommon names ;)

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info