Chrome Extension to detect recipes in your inventory

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
general thoughts:

-a feature to automate trading (handling trades between players that dont have to be online on the same time) is absolutely neccessary for at least the beta release (when a lot of new players fall in)

-for sorting the stash out, you could sell bigger items, or items with not-so-common names, or lower matches - I'm actually thinking about a "best" strategy... and sort out big stuff with uncommon names ;)

The first I had already considered, and is the ultimate aim with the stand-alone version.
However it's a massive task that stretches beyond a simple client; it'd need a persistent server hosting an sql trade database.

The latter I had not considered, but could easily be implemented using heuristics gathered from the trade database.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
I dont thought this as addtition for the tool, but as a needed feature inside the game client (and maybe the website too).

The other one is also just a mind thing on how to go, not as a feature for the tool... but if you have an idea to make it one, I'm for it of course.

PS: I added another ("real") suggestion to my previous post recently.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

- seem to take only data from default chars (should be added to description)

Not sure what you mean.
It handles characters in different leagues (e.g. Harcore) just fine.
I've not tried either of the Legacy leagues, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

"

- description seem to demand running the game, thats not neccessary to grab your data.

Indeed, all that is required is that you've logged in to the website from within Chrome in the last month. (the application reuses your Chrome login cookies)

"
- the buttons to drag the rare list to the clipboard, and to compare, seem to do nothing here; any hint how I can help investigate this?

That doesn't surprise me at all.
Copying to clipboard is such a cludge in javascript.
In this extension it is accomplished by copying the text to a text area in a hidden webpage (using chrome.extension.getBackgroundPage()), and then copies the contents of the text area into the clipboard using document.execCommand().

It was never intended to be used outside of Chrome.

"
suggestion: make the list csv (add commas) to easify the handling with the output text file.

Not sure that'd help anything tbh.
The use-case for trading rares at the moment is:

1) Load extension, select your character, wait for it to scrape the data from GGG's website.

2) Click "Copy your rares to Clipboard" (copies a forum-friendly version of your rares into the clipboard.(new-line delimited, with alphabetic separators)

3) Paste the contents of the clipboard into your trade list in the forums.

4) Goto the trade list of the person you want to trade with, and copy their list into the clipboard.

5) Click "Compare your rares to Clipboard".
You will be shown a dialogue containing the list of matches, item type, their location in your stash, and whether they form trios for you or your trade partner.
The list of matches is also copied to the clipboard (new-line delimited) so you can post it to the person you want to trade with. (either via in-game chat, forum post, or forum PM)

When the clipboard functionality works it's quite a streamlined process.

I could have a look into implementing the clipboard functionality in a more browser-agnostic way..... but I don't really want to waste any more time on what is essentially a dead-end development.
Thanks for the clarifications, understand it and will try more deeply at home. (with a fresh and actual Iron)

There it seemed on first try that chars from others than default league force the extension to stop (ended up not running, told me I would not longer be online!?) On a later try it seemed to be not able to load a second char after the first, had to reactivate the script... will further investigate later!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
That's a known issue. Will release a fix today.
Urg, this is more complicated than I thought.

GGGs restrictions on browsing your stash (and switching between multiple characters) are very strict.

It appears you are restricted to a maximum of ~15 stash/character data requests within a 1 minute period.
So if you have more than 15 stash pages, you'll be in for a significant wait to be able to view them all.

This restriction isn't just effecting automated tools; the limit can be easily hit through the website too - just cycle through your stash pages and you'll encounter the error.

I appreciate they don't want their web server being thrashed by automated tools, but external access to our stash data is an awesome feature that opens up lots of 3rd party development possibilities.

As a compromise, I hope GGG will provide a more efficient(and exhaustive) API that will avoid the need for these inconvenient restrictions.
Is it possible to just update the tool to only look at stash 1-15 and to not allow refreshes until 1 minute from the last refresh? This is just so those with more than 15 can use the tool, although with limitations.
"
Dregos wrote:
Is it possible to just update the tool to only look at stash 1-15 and to not allow refreshes until 1 minute from the last refresh? This is just so those with more than 15 can use the tool, although with limitations.

Yep, that's essentially what I've done in order to determine the limitations.
(actually added a cool-off mechanism to throttle html posts)

However knowing how the limits are implemented, I want to rewrite the way the throttle is done.

I'll also make the tool correctly handle the error response so that it doesn't crash in the event the server sends the error response, as even the most accurate throttling mechanism can be broken if the user runs multiple instances of the tool, or is simultaneously browsing the GGG website in their browser, or even if the user closes down the tool & relaunches it.

It's a nightmare...
Last edited by TJJ on Jun 1, 2012, 7:16:46 AM
New version up. here

The program now monitors the number of http post requests that have been made in the previous 60 seconds.

Whenever the number exceeds the limit it initiates a throttle and queues up the events until sufficient time has lapsed.

The number of transfers is limited to 15 per 1 minute period.

You'll notice a new throttle display to the right of the refresh button.

The "remaining" actions are the number of http requests that can be made immediately without blocking.
The "queued" actions are the number of requests currently waiting for the throttle to allow them to proceed.

The number of actions needed to query a character is 1+stashPageCount, so once you have more than 14 stash pages you'll have to wait ~60 seconds between refreshes.

While this throttle prevents the application itself from posting too many post requests, it is still possible to exceed the limit if you:

1) Run multiple instances of the program simultaneously.
2) Browse your stash through the website at the same time.
3) Terminate the application and then immediately relaunch it.

If you do any of the above, the program will still break - as it doesn't yet cleanly handle the error response sent from the server. (I'll implement this in the next release)

If you manage to crash the application without doing any of the above outside activities, please post!
Last edited by TJJ on Jun 1, 2012, 8:19:41 AM
poe_plus 0.23 is now working again & with 24 stash tabs. Great fix TJJ!

Spoiler
Last edited by Gwizz41 on Jun 1, 2012, 9:15:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info