How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

"
Miqigs wrote:

LegacyThe perfect league.

This is all you have to say for Legacy after critiquing every other league for every minor offense?

How about the micro management of league stones of varying level caps and charges - compounded with the management of sextants. Every map was a double-check to make sure everything was still applied and had not worn off.

The Chayula splinter dupe was a bit of a face-palm but at least heavy exploiters were banned.

I also think Synthesis was an OK idea regarding the fractured to synthesized crafting. I had the impression that many people didn't get into it but crafting ES implicits and onslaught on boots was a fun gamble - I'd take it over Harvest league every time.
YES YES YES

The old saying sometimes less is more is so accurate in alot of cases. And as defined here is definitely a better approach!!

Looking forward to new league, POE2, and admittedly POE mobile info!!
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Oct 21, 2020, 7:56:48 AM
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
I'd also like you to run a poll on revamping the trading system. Chris's arrogance on this matter is deeply frustrating, telling us that we need to feel we earn our items. The current trading system just annoys most people. Its full of price fixers tying to take advantage of newer players, scammers doing the same, you often have to spam 20 people to get a response, and of course the annoyance of being messaged, leaving your map, delve, etc, and the person doesn't join your party. Just have a simple buy it now function, that fixes all of the above tedium, and stops the stupid market manipulation we saw yesterday, with exalts and even mirrors being worth less than chaos. If people try to price fix with a buy it now feature, they lose their item for next to nothing. I think people need to stop calling it an auction house, which brings up bad memories of D3. A buy it now listing type, has no issues if implemented properly.

A thousand times, this.

YES we need a trade that are not filled with price fixers maybe add a report button so they can be removed from trading for trying to fix prices.

we want also what the Chinese have. auto currency picking pets
Very glad to read this... I really appreciate your ambition to always go harder, better, faster but it has come to a point where the game has taken a toll for it and that can not happen. So reading this makes me very happy and hopeful for the next expansion. Keep up the hard work, our voices may seem really angry and loud in the past months but it's coming from a point of LOVE for this absolutely amazing game!
POE 2 after 3.13 or more league's coming?
Atlas expansion
in-area combat

<3 <3 <3

Less fluff and pointless overdesign outside the core game. I understand the need to satisfy the business perspective and put out some flashy stuff now and then. Building on the strenghts the game already possesses however, I believe is better for both business and core player satisfaction in the long run. A guy-guess on my part, but I've seen many games fail miserably by turning on their nische audience before. A more attention-grabbing league once in a while is fine though.
The decisions described in this post sound very sober.

Much love and stay healthy :)
"

The positive consequences of this experiment are clear: if it succeeds, we'll be able to deliver 3.13 on-time, with a strong stable launch, plenty of gameplay iteration and solid testing of features

No, it won't succeed.

Why?
PTR = let most loyal players test game WITH YOU. Without PTRs, all of the shit what happening with last 5 leagues will continue, where every league is actually playable after 3-4week (when 70% of players are gone already).

So yes, its easy to actually release 90% bug free leagues with working features. All you have to do, is let players test it for YOU.

Its working for other companies for years and it will work for Poe too. Just consider it.

And please, stop excuses about pandemia, you had the same bad quality leagues in 2016/17/18/19.
I hope all goes as planned for you guys at GGG! By the way, when PoE 2 actually launches will our characters merge with their already high levels & passive tree points, or will we start over?
Here's hoping it turns out well. Heist was just too buggy and with the economy being equally unstable for whatever myriad of reasons, not worth playing anymore. I thought about farming for a headhunter and an exploding chest to really push my toon as far as it could go but the second I ticked 24/40 and got the MTX I wanted, I felt no reason to continue.

This one was a swing and a miss for me, but I'm optimistic about the future. There have been many leagues I didn't like, and many more that I did.
//go next
Hey, something that is great about GGG is that you care about the game.

Sure, this league you greeded on content and preparations for poe2 at the same time. I understand that. I don't expect the same quality problems for the future, but I don't think you'll settle for small content for long, and neither you should. Bugs and balance detection have diminished returns and content is good.

I believe that this was somewhat on your mind when doing heist (and over confidence as said), but... yeah, something went wrong. The launch didn't met the hype because of bugs and because the heist itself is quite simple. It takes time to realize the amount of things that were put on the league. To be clear, I do think that the marketing on the league was part of the frustration.

But, buuuutt, I like the fact that you did a LOT of things, characters, skills, new bases, itemized missions (I think its an evolution/alternative to scarabs), and I hope you don't get scared of it. The fixed rolls on itens are a great idea to make crafting more deterministic without perfect items.

I know that you are looking to improve the crafting, and its fact that the game have a lot of content that is about crafting and doesn't blend together... I would think about merging them and I would use delve as the core, keep delve as it is, but add fossils that you can enchant an essence, or a beast, or even a harvest seed. With some manipulation you can guarantee a thing or two, but never a perfect item. And, of course, expand the crafting bench to have more exalted uses.

Well, keep the good work, I appreciate that you are very open about the company intents, and I think that experimenting is good (even when it doesn't go great).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info