How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

It is one of my favorite things when there are small tweaks to a lot of different unused skills in the patch notes. Then I get to experiment with them all again fresh. It was actually one thing I missed from last patch notes though alternate skill gems did mitigate my disappointment substantially. In a few cases alternate skill gems even gave fun new ways to play previously lacking skills. I really hope small tweaks to underused skills stays in the patch notes.

Keeping in the small tweaks makes the game fun again when the most powered thing from last league gets nerfed. You don't automatically know the second most powerful thing if everything gets small tweaks.
GGG, could you expand on your process some, or could I discuss it with you? I have almost 10 years of experience in Agile Software Methodologies and coaching software teams, I can offer my time free of charge!

How do we get connected?
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Myozhen wrote:
Have they considered changing leagues to 17 weeks at a time while just doing the same amount of stuff as current leagues?

My recommendation for the past couple years has been to actually do away with "4 expansions of content every year" and instead replace a lot of the time with a variety of mini-leauges/long races to fill in all the gaps.

If GGG's goal is to retain players, longer leagues, while desirable to the minority of casual players that stick around, would actually be counterproductive; by far the most activity is around the launch of each league, and after the first 2-3 weeks player counts start plummeting continuously, bottoming out around 10% of the initial peak.

Pretty much since 3.0 came out and GGG discontinued races, we've had the drop-off get that steep; a larger fraction stuck around in the 2.x era, with Legacy League managing to maintain a sizable fraction of its players even some 20 weeks.

Legacy League's success (in spite of being the lowest-content league ever made) is why I feel that's the best direction GGG should head in.

Thanks ACGIFT, your post makes so much sense, it's obvious now why that part of my post was misguided. Hopefully GGG takes heed of your thoughts. Yeah, I am one of those casuals that usually start a league very late, this puts things in perspective for me.
woot, took a 2 season break and coming back for this one
"
AeroThatsMe wrote:
GGG, could you expand on your process some, or could I discuss it with you? I have almost 10 years of experience in Agile Software Methodologies and coaching software teams, I can offer my time free of charge!

How do we get connected?

10 years of experience do not know how to make business contacts...lmao
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Considering I've had over 300 crashes since the debut 2 weeks ago, you guys may wanna rethink those development principles.

The game is unplayable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info