How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

Glad to hear it. We've all been saying for a long time leagues are overstuffed.

But as a software dev, that scope creep is real.
S L O W E R
<3 <3 <3
great job and take your time making it perfect ,, no rush :)
Maybe some TL; DR?? :3
To poke at all the nerds who would complain about bugs in your content. i would just like to remind everyone that in the beginning game releases were 100% completely flawless. games like loz ocarina of time have ZERO bugs that could be exploited and every playthrough takes EXATLY as long as the developers intended. now that being said the crashes this league have been brutal, though they have gotten better, first impressions hurt.

And if anything your scope of development has concerned me from a workload pov and im glad this year seems to have focused that lens. the 3 month cycle still feels very short but i guess thats a player retention sort of thing since people on the internet have the attention span of a goldfish. Its a shame next league will focus on maps rather than enjoyable content like delve, delerium, essence....really anything else literally.

your clear love for your game and openess with your players is what earns my support and hope yall stay safe, peace.
I play PoE off and on, and I have not that much time to play, so usually when I start to get in the new things, the league is usually in week 10 or so..still, I keep coming back and love it. The creep is real, as software dev. I know..most important, stay healthy, care for the team, the better they will feel, the better the results will feel. And I do believe it is a good idea to try a new strategy every now and then, especially when a release brings to much stress and overtime. If 2 weeks would make a difference, take extra times..release 3 leagues a year instead of 4..although, some of the more hardcore players might get bored after 13 weeks..

Love the game, will keep trying each league as good as I can!

(and I think everybody has his/her preferences, you can't make everybody happy, but make the team happy, enjoy what you do, that's more important!)
You don't respect the players and have turned them into alpha testers. This speaks to your non-professionalism. But you always make paid items for sale on time.
I really, truly hope this new method enables you guys to release a better league on launch.

I haven't been able to really enjoy this league because my game crashes when trying to engage with the heavier content in Heist. Aside from launch-days, my game has never crashed as much as it has when trying to engage in league content as it has this league. It makes it impossible to enjoy, so I may as well be playing standard.

I surely understand the difficulties of working on this during the pandemic and the restrictions and limitations that comes with. But I'd gladly take a lighter league mechanic that's easier to work on and bug-fix and such to balance things out.
Last edited by XCaedisX on Oct 21, 2020, 10:30:23 AM
i really think you lost your originality Chris, this game was awesome till was dark, grim, and gore. now looks an endless PTR, alpha testing for what??
and u give all your effort to try sell mtx for 10000000% more of what they would actually cost!
i dont like this POE, is getting ridiculous, i can understand u try different variation, but make the core game your MAIN game.. the core game must be respected, but u keep changing everything after every patch! this is ridiculous, i have to stop play because i dont have time to play with your pace.
I know you are loosing a lot of players and i think the chinese have taken your soul!

i be waiting for POE2... hope the good win over evil.

or else i just delete the game and was fun till 2016.. the rest is silence

what a shame i really loved this game, now i feel completely indifferent!
Thank you on you and your team work to keep improving PoE. And thank you for still taking the time to clarify everything to your community , much appreciated .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info