How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

Keep up the good work guys and stay safe!

League mechanic that is embedded with the Atlas progression - I like it!
Last edited by Dioktis on Oct 21, 2020, 11:00:14 AM
The new development plan sounds really good.

We all love the content you produce, but only if it works. 10 good polished features will be a lot better than 200 broken ones.

Atlas expansion....*sigh* Sounds like another league only for the 1% . Like Heist, if you cant do level 83 heists, you might as well not bother.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Could just learn and adept like we all have to do.

New league every 4 months. Give your self a extra month. Even a new league every 6 months is reasonable as well.

Diving into a new league with only 3 months to play before you start over is not allot of time for time invested. Also seeing as these leagues are broken and not even worth any of our time.

Game is unplayable on current consoles. Could use extra time to make PS5/Xbox series awesome.

"
Palessan wrote:
I love you Chris and GGG.
Can i send my cv?

Usually an employer doesn't take ass kissers too slightly.

On Topic : it doesn't matter who supervises it's mostly the perspective..Currently your employees have no clue how to design the game , let alone program something that works. Heist is the living example.

Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
slindimasq wrote:
"
Rekill wrote:
Atlas expansion heh? I hope this bullshit mechanic with those watchstones goes away...

this

seconded
ye
Hmmmmm yes the floor here is made out of floor
I would put a legacy league in between every league just with new skills and such so you have 6 months for new mechanics. Everyone loves legacy and mixing it with new metas and fixes of actuall content will make it great.
"
TehBoneKing wrote:
To poke at all the nerds who would complain about bugs in your content. i would just like to remind everyone that in the beginning game releases were 100% completely flawless. games like loz ocarina of time have ZERO bugs that could be exploited and every playthrough takes EXATLY as long as the developers intended. now that being said the crashes this league have been brutal, though they have gotten better, first impressions hurt.

And if anything your scope of development has concerned me from a workload pov and im glad this year seems to have focused that lens. the 3 month cycle still feels very short but i guess thats a player retention sort of thing since people on the internet have the attention span of a goldfish. Its a shame next league will focus on maps rather than enjoyable content like delve, delerium, essence....really anything else literally.

your clear love for your game and openess with your players is what earns my support and hope yall stay safe, peace.

this has to be sarcasm, ocarina of time has known exploits (bugs) for any% speedruns

S L O W E R
I'm always impressed how honest GGG can be. Sounds good, I'm excited. Good luck!
Please take you`re time. From my point of view... if it takes a a lot longer to develop a league but the results will be a better and far more polished league, by all means do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info