FPS drops

Same shit here. Basically unplayable. Got it *somewhat* running by turning off sounds
Same, insanely inconsistent fps since previous league, I'm not experiencing any issues with other games on high-ultra settings tho. When I'm coming into BA and staying at waypoint fps is stable 144, then when I'm walking up to mobs and starting to use skills the graph becomes similar to OP, also each few mins fps drops to 10-20 for few seconds, which is extremely annoying.

CPU: i7-4790K
Graphic: GTX 980 4GB
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

UPD: cpu and gpu load is perfectfly fine, almost never jumping to 100%, also I've checked temperature of both CPU and GPU and it's fine too (max amounts are 75-80). I've tried to change all settings in poe, disabling sounds, repairing files, atm I'm trying to reinstall the game, but I doubt it'll change something..
Last edited by Low_Flex on Sep 22, 2020, 8:28:15 AM
bump, is anyone at GGG even reading this? You don't have to say you'll fix it just an acknowledgment would be nice
here is a little video showcase of what's going on with my fps - https://streamable.com/0oz6w7. I'll repeat once again - I'm playing lots of games with high requirements (I'm not sure if it's allowed to write names of other games on this forum), settings are high-ultra and everything is pretty smooth, no significant fps drops. also cpu and gpu temperature is fine, I've tried changing all possible settings in poe, reinstalling game, deleting cache etc etc etc, nothing helped. idk what else to try at this point.

UPD: also I was playing poe since 3.3 and such things never happened to me as well, only happens since previous league. the game is kinda playable with consistent 70-80 fps (even though I should have at least 144 fps without fps drops), but each few mins it drops to 10-20 for few seconds, which is more than enough to die in big pack of mobs.

UPD2: I've noticed just now that cpu usage spikes to 100 when fps drops, idk what's wrong there, but it is what it is.
Last edited by Low_Flex on Sep 22, 2020, 10:15:33 AM
"
Low_Flex wrote:
here is a little video showcase of what's going on with my fps - https://streamable.com/0oz6w7. I'll repeat once again - I'm playing lots of games with high requirements (I'm not sure if it's allowed to write names of other games on this forum), settings are high-ultra and everything is pretty smooth, no significant fps drops. also cpu and gpu temperature is fine, I've tried changing all possible settings in poe, reinstalling game, deleting cache etc etc etc, nothing helped. idk what else to try at this point.

UPD: also I was playing poe since 3.3 and such things never happened to me as well, only happens since previous league. the game is kinda playable with consistent 70-80 fps (even though I should have at least 144 fps without fps drops), but each few mins it drops to 10-20 for few seconds, which is more than enough to die in big pack of mobs.

Same problem here, stuttering with any action.
Even on passive tree when i use the search my game freeze for an instant
https://youtu.be/g5SLIQjzM8E

Last edited by Merotex on Sep 22, 2020, 10:13:40 AM
"
asoiarf wrote:
bump, is anyone at GGG even reading this? You don't have to say you'll fix it just an acknowledgment would be nice

LoL, nah, they don't give a shit. They aren't fixing FPS related issues either. It's them shoving parts of PoE2 into an old game code, of course it will change the game's requirements and performance. But they don't care because it was decided that they only need big spenders with big rigs anyway.

People who can't afford to have their RTX2080ti to overpower whatever performance issue the game has, can't afford to spend 1,000$+ on lootboxes either, so who gives a shit about them?
Last edited by Kasseopea on Sep 22, 2020, 11:10:13 AM
Same problem! Freezes in maps, all locations, jumping in pack of mobs, talking with npc's. This $hit started in 3.12 update, till this moment was supa fine! Trying all... nothing :( cant play :(
For people who have 100% CPU usage spikes and don't want to sacrifice FPS by disabling Engine Multithreading - this might be a good "fix" https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fo1izh/lags_in_310_fix_unordinary_method/
Last edited by Mogilwik on Sep 22, 2020, 11:25:29 AM
"
UPDATE!! I think I've found a temporary fix. Disable "Engine Multithreading" option. So far 0 to minimal stutter/freezing and Delirium fog spreading doesn't lag at all. Need to test longer and more extensively though. The CPU load is no longer constant 100%.

Looks like GGG have screwed up something in Multithreading.

This definitely helped me. Dropped my overall FPS from 160 to around 90ish, but the drops and stuttering have almost gone away.
I'm getting sick of it. They destroyed something with the fucking "improvement" patch. Fuck it, cant play anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info