FPS drops

verifying data cache files on steam worked for me. It was good last 3 days, today suddendly droopped to -60 fps. now back at 200
Confirming this is still an issue

I'm a relatively new player and it's honestly ruining the game for me when it drops to ~30FPS.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 3950x
RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
GPU: Vega 64
Running on NVMe

"when it drops to ~30FPS."

I'm kind of jealous XD. I'd take 30fps, mine (and many others from the read here) drops to 0fps a lot of times for multiple seconds and even messes up my inputs due to queueing. I'm actually counting seconds per frame in stead of frames per second...

Build a new 1600,- euros PC before this current league started because I had hoped that would fix it and my old 1600~ ish euro machine was like 6 years old now. Sad face when practically nothing changed and I can forget about any bossfights.

Very sad that there is not a single comment from GGG, let alone a fix. Pretty much all the machines listed here should run this game with ease and prolly did in the past. Poorly optimized and not a single clue why some machines experience it and why others don't.
I posted about this not too long ago as well.

5700XT
Ryzen 2600
M.2 SSD
1 Gb/s DL Internet Speeds
blah blah blah the normal shit

Until this league I was getting 100+ FPS and 60 FPS in insane situations now I barely keep up to 10 in a Harbinger Pack or opening certain portals. Hell even some certain light features on the ground cause my frames to plummet.

I don't know what just happened, but i just typed --nosound when launching from Steam and all my fps and latency spikes are just gone. Like wtf, how can that be a problem ? Simple sound option making game unplayable?
"
algebro94 wrote:
I don't know what just happened, but i just typed --nosound when launching from Steam and all my fps and latency spikes are just gone. Like wtf, how can that be a problem ? Simple sound option making game unplayable?

Yeah its mad isn't it? I saw on a reddit thread that if you go into the config file and change the line "sound_effects_volume2=#" to "sound_effects_volume2=false" that it clears it right up and it does. Also do the same for the music. You can still hear your loot filter etc. The sound effects are the main offender.
"
D_v_8 wrote:
"
algebro94 wrote:

Yeah its mad isn't it? I saw on a reddit thread that if you go into the config file and change the line "sound_effects_volume2=#" to "sound_effects_volume2=false" that it clears it right up and it does. Also do the same for the music. You can still hear your loot filter etc. The sound effects are the main offender.

Tried this and many other possible solutions.. Doesn't change anything for me.. Fps Drops are still there
"
Kirby1978 wrote:
"
D_v_8 wrote:
"
algebro94 wrote:

Tried this and many other possible solutions.. Doesn't change anything for me.. Fps Drops are still there

I'll take back what I said. Was ok for regular maps but once I started to juice up maps my PC was brought to its knees. I'm dying more from freezes and fps drops than anything else. I can't do Blight encounters, ritual or anything that involves bigger packs of enemies. So I can't progress. The game is unplayable and GGG haven't done a thing apart from release new MTX's. As a relativly new player I will 100% not be buying anything until this is sorted out. My PC isn't amazing but its well within the quoted specs to run the game. I have no issues with any other games I play apart from this one. Capping it, lowering settings does nothing....
GGG, the game is still unplayble beacouse of the fps drops. From 100+ fps to 0. I find the issue comes from the sound. If I set the channel count to low, the fps drops are not that much but still there. Also if I low the default format from the sound driver also going better.
For example Diablo 3 have the same problem.

My machine:
i5 3570k
16GB RAM
RX 570
SSD
Game is unplayable at this moment. I don't know exactly when these started as I didn't play Heist League. But I have gigantic fps drops while doing Ultimatums. Even just standing in my hideout or regular mapping causes continuous fps drops.

Sent info to support.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info