FPS drops

I was having really bad fps issues but I was able to fix that by deleting the shaders folder. Your game will look kinda weird for awhile but they download again after a bit.
Same.
RTX 2080 Super
16 GB RAM
I9 processor
Nvme ssd

I should be able to handle anything this game can throw at me, right?
So have anything changed at all these last 2-3 weeks? Don’t wanna reinstall just to have the game run just as bad.

EDIT: Reinstalled and it runs just as bad. Figures. GGG, pleeeease do something about the performance. It’s killing the game for a lot of people, me included.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Oct 27, 2020, 1:16:32 AM
Just send an email with dxdiag and client.txt.

Having huge FPS-Spikes since Heist League start, but never had issues before. I really hope this problem gets fixed, game becomes unplayable with all the stuttering starting in about act 7 when monster density gets higher.
Any news?
"
asoiarf wrote:
Definitely some kind of leak as the problem gets worse the longer the game is on, even when not doing anything in hideout

I have same problem. I reser PC, delete production_Config, start game and apply all setting and when I enter hideout I get around 210 FPS.

After few maps I leave hideout, then TP back to hideout and I have around 180 FPS.

Restarting game does not fix the issue, only deleting production_Config and starting again.

What the hell is happening here ?
I reinstalled the game hoping it would fix.
So many times i died after 3-5 seconds being freezed.
Is it graphics or sound?
Idk
But so damn annoying.
-----
Ok so it works a bit better if
i cap at 80fps (foreground)
dynamic culling ON
dynamic resolution ON (default)
target framerate 60fps (max)

So the difference between my regular fps (and 0?) is less extreme when it drops.
Which it still does, but it feels less severe.

I'll update this post if needed.
-------------
Lags/freezes remain. I guess its only better in my dreams!

---------------
W10 (not the last NEW update)
i5 4690k
16gb
GTX 980
on SSD
Last edited by Salmandra on Nov 9, 2020, 11:21:48 AM
It seems we won't play Heist.
Experiencing frequent and persistent GPU load/FPS drops to near 0 on Vulkan. Switched to DX11 to avoid the game breaking frame drops when encountering most mobs. There are still gpu load/frame drops to 0, but its relatively acceptable.

Windows 7
Xeon e5 2650 v2
28 Gb DDR3 10600 RAM
1060 GTX 6Gb - Running 456.55
Sys on HDD
POE on SSD
58 Gb PAGE FILE - Two manually set partitions on two SSDs, ZERO HDD partitions (tldr; Some 3d software devs use the pagefile too much and when the pagefile is on an HDD you can get crashes and massive frame drops as assets are allocated to the pagefile, instead of Sys RAM or vRAM)

I saw numerous reports of significant performance issues related to POE on the newest release from nvidia, so updating is a no go. Using the pagefile to deflate system load is really lame, an SSD is still too slow for POE.

WINDOWS 10 ISSUE:

For everyone in here who encountered FPS drops and "sound issues" coherent to each other, it seems to not be the problem of GGG and their servers. Especially if you guys use i7 cores of 2nd to 6th generation.
Windows 10 could be the problem in this case as you can read in this forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/windows-10-high-dpc-latency/da0b269b-6e22-4275-81ee-3671fb554528?page=2

There is one really good comment which helped my gameplay a lot and which helped others to solve their FPS drops even in other games. Maybe it is also your problem. I still have minor FPS drops and with Vulkan the game just closes after a certain time, but it's definetly better.

The forum says something about DPC Latency and how to improve the performance of your system:
"
kiss4lunaReplied on October 8, 2016
Hi guys,

I think I found a solution for high DPC latency in Windows 10.

After some research and monitoring for my own system, the high DPC latency mainly occurs for network components.

And I'm very lucky to find a solution of this for my system while some other issue happens and I'm trying to solve it.

1. It's something related to the Windows 10 Dynamic ticking. I don't know what exactly it is but it's about DPC. And for my case I have to disable it.

Run Command Prompt as Administrator, type the commands below:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes (no for revert)

Type bcdedit again to check the status.

2. It's also related to the Windows 10 network components. I found a tool that optimize the network for Windows 10 for reducing the DPC lantency.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Just download the TCP Optimizer and do as it tells. Use the optimal option is fine for my case.

After doing these above, restart your system.

I use LatencyMon to monitor the DPC in Windows 10, Latency Checker will not work correctly after Windows 7 so don't rely on it if you have Windows 8/10.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

That's all for this.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

And sometimes it may seems like the display driver causes a high DPC latency.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the display driver in safe mode of Windows 10 and then do a refresh install.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Oh Sorry for the word "solution". It's not a solution, just an optimization.

This issue I think can only be solved if Microsoft re-write their code for Windows 10 I think. No matter what you do, it may happen after sometimes. And it's always about the network components like ndis.sys. All you can do is get rid of Windows 10 and reinstall Windows 7 if that issue hurts pretty bad.

Hope that may help some of you. As I said I am not completely FPS drop free, but it runs far smoother and I am now also able to play heists at least.

My system:

Win 10 Pro
i7-4770K @ 3,5 GHz
16 GB RAM 1600 MHz
GTX 770 with 2 GB RAM

Game and system runs on SSD.

Peace and Good Luck to all of you!
Last edited by Ondrugs on Nov 17, 2020, 10:33:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info