FPS drops

bump i've tried everything every possible options combination reinstalled poe reinstalled drivers reinstalled windows still have this issue
The VS Debugger messages:
Exception thrown at 0x00007FF823C59689 in PathOfExile_x64.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: File::FileNotFound at memory location 0x00000011113FDC98.

Tons of messages like this with different memory addresses.
I've been having the same issue and most of the time the game gets unplayable :(

I have tried a fresh windows install and nothing has worked so far.

My setup:

Graphics card: GTX 1060 - 6GB
CPU: i7 7700k. 4.2 - 4.5GHz (Boost mode)
Motherboard: Prime z270-p
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz
SSD: 500GB Kingston SA400

Last edited by Tobiasbr on Sep 21, 2020, 10:40:30 AM
Same problems
After Heist release just can't play on the Atlas maps with "Guard" mobs spawn waves.
3-4 seconds permafreeze.
Haaalp.
"
GroZzyLol wrote:
Same problems
After Heist release just can't play on the Atlas maps with "Guard" mobs spawn waves.
3-4 seconds permafreeze.
Haaalp.

this isn't related to Heist content, it happens even in hideout with nothing happening, with no MTX, on different characters, it also slows the whole computer as long as PoE stays open as it hogs all the RAM, both in 32bit and 64bit executables
Bump for visibility
Same shit here. Only hope is to upgrade your rig. GGG isn't in the business of fixing things, it's in the business of selling things.
Same here too...

Last League was fine but now its just terrible...

Sometimes have FPS drops just while killing and often if any kind of Event is starting...Blight, Legion etc...

Ryzen 5 2600
B 450 Pro MB
Rx 5700
16 GB Ram

No Problems in other Games...makes me rly sad -.-
Same here.. insane fps drops and stuttering in this league usually when i fire up the game its ok but after a while the performance keeps degrading where it stutters no stop the moment i enter maps
Intel Sandy Bridge 2500k
GeForce 760
16GB RAM
Windows 10 x64
Game on SSD

When you zone in a new instance - 2-3 sec screen freeze. You enter a room with a boss and it starts casting spells - 2-3 sec screen freeze. Final fight with Izaro in the lab - he arrives in the elevator platform - 3 sec screen freeze and you're dead when it unfreezes. A plethora of periodic stutters every 10 or so seconds right from the start of the gameplay.

GPU and CPU are hitting 100% with the lowest settings and multithreading.

None of those issues were present year ago or even when the game first launched, for that matter. Seems like we are going backwards with the optimization.

UPDATE!! I think I've found a temporary fix. Disable "Engine Multithreading" option. So far 0 to minimal stutter/freezing and Delirium fog spreading doesn't lag at all. Need to test longer and more extensively though. The CPU load is no longer constant 100%.

Looks like GGG have screwed up something in Multithreading.
Last edited by Mogilwik on Sep 22, 2020, 8:10:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info