[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

"
So I have a question regarding wither. With the new alt qual withering step and withering step enchant (only decent enchant I got for my devouring) I get up to 12 withers applied to enemies around me. Thats like almost cap (which is 15 right?)

Soooo can I drop wither spell totem to get a cast while damage taken setup in there? my only issue right now is surviveability in 100% del maps, I die occasionally to damage bursts, 2 or 3 shots. where I think some cwdt could help.

But I dont really know how wither and withering step works? due to the way the build is set up withering step and assassin elusive constantly "remove" each other, does that also remove the wither effect from withering step? or is the withering effect from withering step up basically 100%?

Basically, quick summary: with 12 wither withering step, is wither uptime on bosses etc high enough to make dropping withertotem setup possible?

(I also have wither enchant on belt, so wither is quite important)

Ty for the build btw, so far really been enjoyin it. every upgrade made it feel better and better. Now im at the point of minmaxing. savin up for headhunter too. Ill probably get self poisoning goin (with unaffacted from watchers eye. double damage watchers eye are too expensive) for the sextant self poison mod. That should be quite the damage increase while mapping right? 100stacks of self poison should be 1200% damage increased with the sextant roll

Interesting question ! Will follow advice and will test if no answer.

I also currently use those options (HC) :

- Dendrobate Armor (so Agony is not mandatory)

Malevolence
Divergent Arctic Armor (14% phys/fire stationnary def)
Herald Purity-Culling (22% more) ...leaving 18% mana for Precision (2-4% more)
or Herald Purity + Flesh(Blind)

Frost Shield ! Gives 2K life and some crit % when stuck to bosses

Question : would you shoose Blind for better survavibility or Culling ?

Last edited by iHillda on Oct 19, 2020, 1:45:38 PM
"
iHillda wrote:

Interesting question ! Will follow advice and will test if no answer.

I also currently use those options (HC) :

- Dendrobate Armor (so Agony is not mandatory)
- Malevolence+ SkitterBot +Flesh (2 defensives) I am wondering if Divergent Arctic Armor wouldnt be a better option than skitterBots (loosing 15% dps for 15% phys/fire stationnary def)
- Frost Shield ! Gives 2K life and some crit % when stuck to bosses

/edit : for more dps I also think about Herald of Purity+Culling (22% more)

Ye you runnin a very defensive build, dont need that myself cause softcore. Dont rly know how to test this, its rly weird lookin at the buff effect and the buff effect skin, it seems to disappear when assassin applies its elusive effect. so not sure tbh.

Im personally running herald of agony with the alt qual that gives me 40% poison on hit, lets me remove some skillpoints I invest otherwise. Also I have an insane nostalgia ring

frost shield seems like a decent idea for bossin in hardcore. doesnt do anything for me in 100% delir maps. I survive by moving around. With selfpoisoning, its actually become a lot easier. Just zoom through mobs, they wont hit you :D Im about to switch to 2 cluster setup, so not sure if Ill need the extra surviveability of cwdt setup, mebeh have another dagger ready to switch in and out. one with cwdt for mapping 100% delir and one with wither totems for bossing
Just tested it : There is a purple effect on monsters (Withered debuf ?) when they enter your area and it lasts only after the normal delay even if you use a skill that removes your own Evasive buff

"
iHillda wrote:
Just tested it : There is a purple effect on monsters (Withered debuf ?) when they enter your area and it lasts only after the normal delay even if you use a skill that removes your own Evasive buff

I dont quite understand? how long does it last? only for a short time?

Im still thinkin about switchin to cwdt only for 100%delir, I dont feel like I use totem a lot there, appart from against boss spawns
Hey, could you help me what my next upgrade should be?
https://pastebin.com/VHWjbmK9
I'm thinking about the chest with +1 curse and/or spell crit

Spoiler
"
"
iHillda wrote:

I dont quite understand? how long does it last? only for a short time?

Im still thinkin about switchin to cwdt only for 100%delir, I dont feel like I use totem a lot there, appart from against boss spawns

On your tooltip you have the curent time it lasts :

3.0 sec Initially
5.2 sec with 45% duration on skill tree
7.3 sec with inc Duration support 14Q20

/note : Currently reaching red Maps this HC league with my defensive set up
I personnaly dont use CwDt but manualy use Withering Step+Immortal Call instant skills every time I shield charge a pack. this let you 1 slot for Inc Duration on Frost Shield / ImCall / VaalGrace
You might prefer second wind to decrease cooldown to be sure it is uptime every pack (Inc Duration is more usefull for bosses)
Last edited by iHillda on Oct 20, 2020, 11:10:16 AM
Hey there. Super interested in this build! I have run my ll necro golem build to where I wanted to go in the league. First Uber elder / sirius a8 kills. I just hit my first head hunter as well.

If I strip my necro, I think I'll have a budget of 5 to 6k c plus the hh. Can I make this build on that budget? I really just want to further farm delirium content / get better at crafting at this point in the league.
I'm running curses on hit (no despair + blasphemy and impresence) and was looking at a medium cluster jewel that gives:

1. Evil Eye - Enemies you Curse take 5% increased Damage / Non-Cursed Enemies you inflict Non-Aura Curses on are Blinded for 4 seconds
2. Wish for Death - Curse Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration / You have Culling Strike against Cursed Enemies

Thoughts on if the culling strike and blind are worth one of our medium cluster slots?
@kevinbrightblade
I have run a similar setup a couple of items ago and i very much think the cull is worth it.
My character has only a few upgrades i can think of right now and each of them is probably in the ballpark of 50+ exalts in terms of cost. So if you wanna take a look what super mega endgame for this build can look like, here is my character profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/uumas/characters

If anyone is interested i will post my next upgrades after ive bought them(dont wanna get myself competition :D )
Anyone has a working tree please? Because the ones from the guide doesn't work for me, thanks! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info