[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

"
Guiemink wrote:
Anyone has a working tree please? Because the ones from the guide doesn't work for me, thanks! :)

Are you using the normal path of building or the new "community FORK path of building"

Every build guide switched to Fork, so get fork path of building. its better. Fork trees dont work on normal path of building
Would the new daggers with “hits always poison” be worth it to save some skill tree points?
"
Pureflame wrote:
Would the new daggers with “hits always poison” be worth it to save some skill tree points?

The only chance to poison you get from the tree should be incidental in getting required nodes. You wouldn't drop Serpentine Spellslinger or Swift Venoms just because you don't need the chance to poison.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the new weapon's say "All Damage from Hits with This Weapon can Poison" which means it won't affect BV builds since blade vortex is a spell, not an attack.
I really like your build but don't understand the whole DPS thing.
So, I just want to ask a few questions as a noob, and i hope you can help me.
1. I can see my poison damage in my character tab and it's only 16000 ~ 26000 not millions of damage like in your guide, why??
2. What mod on a weapon affects dps of this build? incr chaos damage, chaos damage over time, damage over time, incr poison damage???
3. I saw a couple of guides talking abt unbound ailment vs swift affliction and most people are saying swift is better than unbound??
4. In other post, I saw people are pointing out dps calculation of the pob if not the "real" dps in game, is that correct??
5. I also want to try and craft my own rare dagger to push my dps more, do you have a guide or have a link to a detailed guide on how to do this??

Sorry for these noob questions but i really like how fast i can run around while clearing any maps but want to know more abt the details of how / what pushes the dps to the edge to help me become better in this game.

Thanks
"
dark19810111 wrote:
I really like your build but don't understand the whole DPS thing.
So, I just want to ask a few questions as a noob, and i hope you can help me.
1. I can see my poison damage in my character tab and it's only 16000 ~ 26000 not millions of damage like in your guide, why??
2. What mod on a weapon affects dps of this build? incr chaos damage, chaos damage over time, damage over time, incr poison damage???
3. I saw a couple of guides talking abt unbound ailment vs swift affliction and most people are saying swift is better than unbound??
4. In other post, I saw people are pointing out dps calculation of the pob if not the "real" dps in game, is that correct??
5. I also want to try and craft my own rare dagger to push my dps more, do you have a guide or have a link to a detailed guide on how to do this??

Sorry for these noob questions but i really like how fast i can run around while clearing any maps but want to know more abt the details of how / what pushes the dps to the edge to help me become better in this game.

Thanks

1. you mean the character tab in-game? In-game numbers never give correct numbers as they don't show a lot of multipliers etc. Anyways in Pob you have 2 different poison dps stats, poison dps and total poison dps. poison dps shows how much dmg 1 tick of poison does. Total poison dps shows how much dmg your all/selected poison stakcs will do during their full duration.

2.in weapons? incr chaos damage, chaos damage over time, damage over time, incr poison damage that you mentioned and adding to those +1 phys and +1 all spell gem mods, crit multi. Anyways just use cold iron point its nearly impossible to beat it.

3. swift is bad for this build as we need some poison duration as we reduce it heavily with clusters. Unbound is a lot better.

4.im confused. It think what you are thinking is that some people point out that some times the Pob numbers are not real dps because they have unrealistic poison stacks or duration. adding those numbers up can make insane dps numbers in Pob while in reality having bad dps. Example poison stacks on enemy is 90 and poison duration is 3 mins. We don't do that, in our pob we have 40 poison stacks on enemies (2,5s ramp) and our poison duration is not inflated.

5. DONT. You cant craft a rare dagger without harvest to be better than cold iron point with increased damage over time corruption. A perfect MIRROR dagger is 10% better than that. Getting levels on bv is huge as poison does scale from the initial hit as well and spell levels are insane for bv. If u wanna craft something spicy for the build craft a +2 amulet.

edit: took a look at your char, if u wanna push dps fix your clusters, proper clusters add so so much dps. Overwhelming malice is easily the best notable in the game for us, so get that, additionally wasting affliction is huge for dps on mediums.

Other upgrades would be explode + spell crit chest, Cold iron point with inc dmg over time + power charge on crit.

I'd also take wind dancer asap, keeps you alive more often than not
Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Nov 1, 2020, 1:01:50 PM
Hey guys, hoping someone can take a look at my char and give suggestions for the next improvement I should save up for. Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/HTtF1mg1

And gear:

I was lucky enough to get the chest with all 3 target mods (+1 curse, explode, and spell crit) so I went triple curse on hit, which also allowed me to do a +2 amulet. My Sirus dps is 34M with 5600 life once I hit lvl 96.

Here's the list of upgrades I've thought of, but I'm not sure which are worth it or what order to put them in:

1. Boots with "Poisons you inflict deal Damage 10% faster" (instead of the "5% chance to dodge attacks" I currently have)
2. A rare ring with the "Life gained on hits with spells" mod (instead of the 2% life mod I currently have)
3. A new +2 amulet with "Malevolence has 20% reduced Mana Reservation" in order to free up my helm enchant for one of the blade vortex enchants (this would be super expensive)
4. Anomalous Malevolence, swapping dps for QoL blade vortex duration
5. Medium cluster jewels with Wasting Affliction + Wicked Pall (instead of Haemorrhage), swapping dps for QoL blade vortex duration
6. Bottled Faith flask (instead of Atziri's flask)

Anything else I'm missing?
Ty for your guide, first time played BV and had some fun, but at the end aura stackers can give you more with less investment xDD

Anyway here is my gear, I think i'm done with heist league so far.

Hey I've really enjoyed the build and guide so far, but I've seemed to hit a wall at level 95.. I also want to try farming heavy delirious maps (100% T16+). I've done t15 80% fairly smoothly, but will usually still die to something random.

I've just bought HH for the first time ever, and I want to incorporate it into the build, however I lose a TON of resist when doing so. This is my second league ever (first was metamorph) and I'm not sure about the tweaks you mentioned in order to make it fit. I've been looking to sell my asenath's for a nice pair of HotHT, but have yet to find a pair with 5 desired implicits. Perhaps I should just settle for 3-4. I really need the gloves to cap res with HH on, as well as improve my ring or boots. Don't really have the currency after buying HH to fossil craft a bunch.

I've seen a few different setups when dropping despair as an aura, and I'm not sure which route to take. Any advice? I've seen the 100% malevolence amulet with 2 added auras, or rare amulet +2lvl to BV, etc.

Also I see that in harvest you opted for herald of purity with the circle of guilt. How much of a gain is this over a decent nostalgia ring? IDK if my profile is public, I'll try to check after this. Mine has 14% global phys and 12% chaos dmg.

To close by piggybacking off of my first issue, I usually die around 50% exp to something random. That said, I have been able to kill both A8 Sirus and Uber Elder deathless with this build, so I'm satisfied. I just want another level or 2 so I can fit in one more notable.

OH one last thing: If I wanted to utilize the self poison cheese to farming fat delirium maps (not sure if I even need to) how would I best do that, since the dmg increase from the sextant doesn't seem to scale poison dmg and we don't really do much from our initial hits. Would I just try to add flat damage in somewhere? Maybe swap out a support gem? Or is it just not worth the trouble. Most times I find I'm zooming too fast to really apply enough poisons ha!

Sorry for the long post. Just had things keep coming to mind while I was writing this.
Hi,

im new to POE and this is my first full league, I was just wondering how to make the cluster jewels as they are super exspensive.

Regards
"
sirixs wrote:
Hi,
im new to POE and this is my first full league, I was just wondering how to make the cluster jewels as they are super exspensive.
Regards
Unfortunately they're expensive because they're hard to make. Making decent medium cluster jewels isn't too hard, but perfect medium jewels and decent large and small jewels are likely to be more expensive to make than buy (even at the prices you're seeing).

If you really want to try this, I'd recommend you start by trying to make a few medium jewels. Here's a link to PoE's official trade site with the parameters loaded to buy the medium cluster base:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/3dlMnL5c5

Note that it's currently filtered to just medium cluster bases that grant "+4% to CHAOS damage over time multiplier". You could also turn on the "+4% to damage over time multiplier" option and buy those bases as well, since they can roll good combinations of notables more easily than the chaos DoT jewels. The downside to them is they can't roll the best (and rarest) combination. Also I've noticed that a lot of other builds are interested in buying well rolled Chaos DoT jewels that aren't going to buy regular DoT jewels since they need the chaos damage specifically. So there's a bit of risk-reward in that the Chaos DoT jewels are the only ones that can roll the best combination and decent combinations sell pretty well if you don't want to use a jewel, but they cost more in crafting materials on average to craft decent jewels than the regular DoT bases do.

So what makes a decent combination? The best combination for this build is Wasting Affliction and Wicked Pall. Decent combinations will have one of those mods plus one of the other useful mods (Haemmorhage, Circling Oblivion, Bush With Death, Low Tolerance, Eternal Suffering, etc.). They're all useful in some sense, but pure damage would be Haemmorhage, while everything else is a bit of damage and some other utility. It's up to you what's "good enough" for your build. Here's the link to medium cluster jewel mods on PoEDB:
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Medium+Cluster+Jewel

By clicking on the Chaos or regular DoT Multi group you'll see the possible notables each type can roll. Note they're all Prefixes. Down below you can see all the non-notable Prefixes and Suffixes that can roll. Each mod has a weight listed and your probability of getting any mod is that mod's weight divided by the sum total of all possible mods.

So to craft one, you buy the base and scour it if it's rare. Then use a transmutation orb to make it magic and if it has a prefix that's not one of the notables you want, you use alteration orbs to randomly change the mods. Every time you use an alteration, if there's not a prefix mod, use an augmentation orb to add a prefix. If you hit one of the notable prefixes you want, augment if it's missing a suffix then regal to add a third mod. If the third mod is an additional notable that you want then you're done. If you don't get a second notable (which happen most of the time) then scour and start over.

So the issue you should notice is that the probability of a perfect Wicked Pall + Wasting Affliction jewel is really low. Getting one mod by alteration + augment has a chance of about 3.4% or 70 tries (Wasting Affliction has a weight of 130, Wicked Pall's weight is 348 and the total pool is 14000, so 130+348/14000 = 3.4%). So 70 tries to get one of the mods, and then you regal for a chance at the other (0.9% or 2.5% depending on which mod you hit first). Combining all the probabilities you have a 0.023% chance of crafting a perfect Wasting Affliction + Wicked Pall jewel which means 10,000 tries to get one with 90% certainty. Here's a website that helps in calculating all this:
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=141&m=alteration&am=aar&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=4&bp=y&as=1&req={%22511%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:1},%22514%22:{%22l%22:50,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&cp=10000&ggt=|&ccp={}

You can take a look at crafting small clusters (800 tries to get Fettle) or Large Clusters (200k tries to get 3 mods we want). You might think crafting the small cluster is better than the medium, but not when including the other acceptable mods on the medium cluster. Also the only life small cluster that sells is Fettle, while plenty of medium cluster combinations will sell to keep your crafting funded.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Nov 3, 2020, 8:51:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info