[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

Hello, good guide!

Is it worth using Watcher's Eye with only mod “Damaging ailments you inflict deal damage 15% faster while affected by malevolence” or will another jewel outshine it? (I already got the Life+Allres+Onslaught)

There are usually no Watcher's out there with the other mods, on rare occasions they appear for 50ex which I don't have.
Great guide hilavitkutinPeenus and gr0bbs (as you based your guide on his guide).

I can do T16 maps fairly easy but trying to farm simulacrum splinters is proving to be a difficult task, I'm getting one shotted constantly and I don't even know what happened. The problem is I want some currency to play another build and Heist and Blight are really boring. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this a little bit tanky (not a lot of investment).

Here is the pob: https://pastebin.com/LJWjEev2

And my gear:

"

If someone have some suggestions (or even a new build at this point, would like to try those ele golemancer everyone uses).

Thank you!
Last edited by Latons on Nov 3, 2020, 12:54:09 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Latons wrote:
Great guide hilavitkutinPeenus and gr0bbs (as you based your guide on his guide).

I can do T16 maps fairly easy but trying to farm simulacrum splinters is proving to be a difficult task, I'm getting one shotted constantly and I don't even know what happened. The problem is I want some currency to play another build and Heist and Blight are really boring. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this a little bit tanky (not a lot of investment).
!

Kintsugi Chest with Wind Dancer node helps a ton with the one shots.

Thanks! I actually have Wind Dancer and Kintsugi was an upgrade from the chest I'm currently rocking. Will try back Kintsugi and see if I survive more.

Could be that I'm just bad at the game also.
I know it’s probably just being bad but I’m having a hard time with Sirius. Any items I’m missing or needing to focus on. Or just practice makes perfect?
"
purecane10 wrote:
I know it’s probably just being bad but I’m having a hard time with Sirius. Any items I’m missing or needing to focus on. Or just practice makes perfect?
1. Fixing your flasks would be an easy improvement (follow the guide).

2. After that more life should be your focus. Replace your gloves with a high life rare, get more life on your ring and then maybe your boots. Finish crafting your chest and hopefully get life there. I've been targeting 5500 life to ensure I don't get one-shot (other than the Die beam).

3. Improve your medium clusters. Wicked pall is a quality of life node; focus on getting Wasting Affliction, since the speed at which we do damage is super important in boss fights like Sirus, plus a good damage node (Haemmorhage was my pick but there are a couple of decent nodes for the price depending on the market). You could also pick up Divergent Vile Toxins support gem for some damage speed.

4. Improve your dps elsewhere as you're able. Get a second CIP to use instead of Mistwall during boss fights. Get helpful corruptions on your CIPs (power charge on crit, or increased damage over time), a dual-damage ring of nostalgia (increased herald buff and increased damage while affected by a herald), a second cluster setup.

All of this will help specifically with Sirus as well as generally improving the rest of your play. However one word of caution, this is a dodge build and all dodge builds rely on your ability to avoid big hits. You won't be able to survive the biggest attacks or multiple attacks in a short period no matter how far you push this type of build.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Nov 6, 2020, 11:41:22 AM
Hi buddy, thanks so much for the build guide, been having a lot of fun with it having hit 20M shaper dps. Was wondering about crit though, you've invested a fair amount into crit chance but nothing on crit multi. Is it just to proc the on crit effects more consistently (i guess in boss fights)? do we really need that much (bottled faith + crit to spells chest)? I was proccing all the effects during mapping often

Sorry if it has been asked before but couldn't find the answer.

Cheers

edit: a couple of clarifications
Last edited by AriGold2507 on Nov 8, 2020, 7:21:17 AM
"
AriGold2507 wrote:
Hi buddy, thanks so much for the build guide, been having a lot of fun with it having hit 20M shaper dps. Was wondering about crit though, you've invested a fair amount into crit chance but nothing on crit multi. Is it just to proc the on crit effects more consistently (i guess in boss fights)? do we really need that much (bottled faith + crit to spells chest)? I was proccing all the effects during mapping often

Cheers

Where are you seeing the investment in crit chance? There's not much on the passive tree once you have two cluster setups.
"
"
AriGold2507 wrote:

Cheers

Where are you seeing the investment in crit chance? There's not much on the passive tree once you have two cluster setups.

Hey mate, I was referencing the spell crit chest and bottled faith (I understand this one has other benefits so could be only collateral), which sends my crit chance from 60 eo 80 according to POB
"
AriGold2507 wrote:
"
"
AriGold2507 wrote:

Cheers

Hey mate, I was referencing the spell crit chest and bottled faith (I understand this one has other benefits so could be only collateral), which sends my crit chance from 60 eo 80 according to POB
Those are both flat increases to crit chance, which for single mod impact are really good.

For the chest you have to pick two influence mods to combine and running the numbers should show that the flat increase to spell crit is the best mod for your dps. It's not so much about the investment as it is the opportunity cost. The next best option for those two mods is a pretty steep drop off in terms of benefit. Also the currency cost to pick flat spell crit vs one of the other mods to target is minimal. For Bottled Faith it's less of a clear choice (and the guide says it's more of a final marginal upgrade), but as you point out the flask has a ton of other benefits. In this case the currency cost between Bottled Faith and Atziri's becomes more of the opportunity cost I think.

If you want to dig into the dps calculations, go into the Calcs tab in PoB. There's an orange box labeled "Poison", and if you hover over the stat in that box "Posion DPS" you'll see the breakdown of crit vs non-crit contributions to your dps. For me a 20% drop in effective crit chance would reduce my dps by 12.6%, which is huge considering it's a single item mod and a flask.
Hello,

Today I stumbled upon
with the despair corruption.

I wonder if I should keep it or just sell it? I don't really have an idea what I could upgrade. PoB tells me going for the +2 BV amulet only gives about 6% more dps, compared to impresence. Also, I used to have a normal Asenath gloves, but sold that one after I found the corrupted one.

My current gear:
Spoiler

I kept the chestpiece, as it gave me a lot of flat life. But I'm not sure if upgrading that one is worth it.

Thanks for your input.
Last edited by Dragonsky8 on Nov 9, 2020, 9:39:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info