[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

Spoiler
"
"
perK1 wrote:
Hey, gotta say, this is the smoothest and fastest build i've played in PoE. I like it alot, though getting one-shotted now and then sucks at these levels (*cough* Legion *cough*).

I must be somewhere around 250~ ex in on this build, still feels like I need more damage...

Any suggestions on upgrades next? (dmg/qol/defence)

I don't have hundreds of exalts though to do major changes, like changing to HH, I would need to change enourmous amounts of gear to get the resistances, as I have alot of res in my abyss socket jewel as well as belt. (Got about 80 ex in pure ex/c)
Also since I started to enjoy Heist League mechanic with this build, I might need to invest 100 ex in 4% exalt trinket.

I was looking at Asenath's with Despair curse corrupt to maybe try crafting a rare amulet for more dmg, what do we use instead of despair-gem in gloves? It gets a bit confusing when changing curses among gear.

Rare Jewel on tree:
- Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
- Flat life
- Onslaught
- Movement speed

PoB: https://pastebin.com/puyMX8DS
"
Not sure what's up with your tree but Serpentine Spellslinger is one of the better notables for us of all passives. By the time you have two cluster setups Surging Vitality takes the place of the Growth and Decay wheel. So drop those three points, pick up Serpentine, and either Entropy or Will of Blades.

The two issues you mention are getting occasionally one-shot and feeling like your dps is low. You can address both of these in a big way with buying asenath's with despair on hit. You drop Blasphemy + Despair and add Anomalous Cast When Damage Taken (1/23) + Immortal Call (3/23). This will really help with your one-shots and make legions wayyy safer. With all the skill effect duration increases my Immortal Call lasts over 2 seconds!

This also allows you to replace Impresence with a rare amulet that has +1 to Dexterity skills and +1 to Physical skills, which will give you a serious dps boost. I loaded up your PoB and it looks like a 15% dps increase (about 2 million dps).

For other upgrades, I'd prioritize the speed at which our poison damage affects enemies. Like the guide says, we do a ton of damage but it's gated behind being applied over time. So here are some upgrades in order:
1. Watcher's eye with 15% increased damage speed while affected by Malevolence You shouldn't have two abyss jewels. Balance your resists elsewhere and stop using the one currently in your belt.
2. Divergent Vile Toxins for 5% increased damage speed.
3. Anomalous Malevolence for an additional 10% skill effect duration to keep your blade vortex duration at 10 seconds while allowing 2-3 of your Wicked Pall jewels to be swapped for more dps. If you take Entropy on your tree then you can drop 3 Wicked Palls, if not then drop 2. Ideally you'd get Grim Oath on the Overwhelming Malice large cluster, but if that's too expensive then get medium clusters with Wasting Affliction + Haemmorhage.

Thanks alot! Will look up these things.

BTW, can someone explain how to craft the +1 dex +1 phys Amulet?
Last edited by perK1 on Nov 15, 2020, 1:34:23 PM
"
perK1 wrote:
Sure, first you buy an Awakener's Orb (rare drop from Sirus). Then you need to buy or craft two amulets. The first is an amulet with Warlord influence where the only influence mod is "+1 to Level of all Physical Skill Gems". Here's a trade search link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/JKZQ8zWCl

This search filters to amulets with just our target prefix. However you need to check if there are any influence suffix mods (the tag will be "Of Conquest"). If there are then you need to craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" using your crafting bench and then scour to remove all suffixes. This league it's cheaper to just buy an amulet where the only influence mod (both prefix and suffix) is "+1 to Level of all Physical Skill Gems" but in past leagues I've saved currency by buying the isolated prefix I want and getting rid of suffixes.

The second amulet you buy is a Hunter influence where the only influence mod is "+1 to Dexterity Skill Gems". Again you want to make sure it only has the one influence mod.

Also be sure one of the two amulets is the base type (has the implicit mod) that you want. For our build this is probably an Agate amulet (+Strength and Intelligence).

If you want to try crafting the amulets, you want buy the influenced base, then scour. Use a Transmutation Orb to make the amulet magic, then Alteration Orbs to reroll the mods. If you use an Alteration Orb and it doesn't roll a prefix, use an Augmentation Orb to add a prefix. Once you have the prefix giving +1 to Phys or Dex skill gems (and the suffix is not an influenced mod) you're done. No need to make the item rare.

Once you have everything, you right click the Awakener Orb, then left click the amulet that does NOT have the base type you want to end with. Then left click the amulet that does have the base type you want to end with. Because the only influence mods on each amulet are the +1 Phys Skill and +1 Dex skill, those mods are guaranteed to be part of the finished item. The rest of the mods are rolled randomly, and you're item will have the base type of the last amulet you click. So you can force the skill gem mods onto the amulet base of your choice. If you're lucky you get additional good mods like life and resists or open slots where you can craft what you want.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Nov 15, 2020, 4:08:53 PM
"
"
perK1 wrote:
Sure, first you buy an Awakener's Orb (rare drop from Sirus). Then you need to buy or craft two amulets. The first is an amulet with Warlord influence where the only influence mod is "+1 to Level of all Physical Skill Gems". Here's a trade search link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/JKZQ8zWCl

This search filters to amulets with just our target prefix. However you need to check if there are any influence suffix mods (the tag will be "Of Conquest"). If there are then you need to craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" using your crafting bench and then scour to remove all suffixes. This league it's cheaper to just buy an amulet where the only influence mod (both prefix and suffix) is "+1 to Level of all Physical Skill Gems" but in past leagues I've saved currency by buying the isolated prefix I want and getting rid of suffixes.

The second amulet you buy is a Hunter influence where the only influence mod is "+1 to Dexterity Skill Gems". Again you want to make sure it only has the one influence mod.

Also be sure one of the two amulets is the base type (has the implicit mod) that you want. For our build this is probably an Agate amulet (+Strength and Intelligence).

If you want to try crafting the amulets, you want buy the influenced base, then scour. Use a Transmutation Orb to make the amulet magic, then Alteration Orbs to reroll the mods. If you use an Alteration Orb and it doesn't roll a prefix, use an Augmentation Orb to add a prefix. Once you have the prefix giving +1 to Phys or Dex skill gems (and the suffix is not an influenced mod) you're done. No need to make the item rare.

Once you have everything, you right click the Awakener Orb, then left click the amulet that does NOT have the base type you want to end with. Then left click the amulet that does have the base type you want to end with. Because the only influence mods on each amulet are the +1 Phys Skill and +1 Dex skill, those mods are guaranteed to be part of the finished item. The rest of the mods are rolled randomly, and you're item will have the base type of the last amulet you click. So you can force the skill gem mods onto the amulet base of your choice. If you're lucky you get additional good mods like life and resists or open slots where you can craft what you want.

Cool, ye I crafted it, but ended up with utter shit mods on it. Guess the only way forward is to anull and not hope for brick? It has 3 prefix and 1 suffix atm.

EDIT: Since I got lucky with annuling the third prefix with a 25% chance, I thought it would be a smart idea metacrafting. All 70 ex gone, and the amulet is still shit imo, what you think? :D

Divined
Last edited by perK1 on Nov 15, 2020, 5:53:29 PM
"
perK1 wrote:
Cool, ye I crafted it, but ended up with utter shit mods on it. Guess the only way forward is to anull and not hope for brick? It has 3 prefix and 1 suffix atm.

EDIT: Since I got lucky with annuling the third prefix with a 25% chance, I thought it would be a smart idea metacrafting. All 70 ex gone, and the amulet is still shit imo, what you think? :D

Divined
Honestly that amulet is solid. It's not mirror grade or anything, but it's not shit. Life and resists on the amulet make gearing the rest of your slots way easier.
@kevinbrightblade

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I'm finally progressing towards lvl 99. No more one-shots :-)
What are some good mods to look for in a Jewel to replace the Watcher's Eye? As much as I would love one of those, they run at like 7+ex with the relevant Malevolence mods. I only have 50c and would prefer not to spend it all on a jewel since I am still saving for the Awakened Gems as well.

Last edited by zombie_197 on Nov 22, 2020, 12:54:53 AM
Can anyone take a look at my account and help me figure out how I should be progressing my character? Haven't had too much time to play lately and just want to map and run sirius when he spawns. I have around 10ex in currencies at my disposal currently. I don't have any trouble running T16s but have found myself logging onto my summoner for boss kills so that I don't die and kill my XP bar.

Thanks!
Hello, I would like to try new builds to run Heist fast but also safe and your guide seems interesting, would you recommend it for mostly doing heists? Thanks!
"
zombie_197 wrote:
What are some good mods to look for in a Jewel to replace the Watcher's Eye? As much as I would love one of those, they run at like 7+ex with the relevant Malevolence mods. I only have 50c and would prefer not to spend it all on a jewel since I am still saving for the Awakened Gems as well.

Unfortunately there are no good WE mods except for the Malevolence related ones. Save your currency until you can afford one.

Also, looking at your profile, there are a lot of upgrades you should get before buying a WE (which should be one of your last upgrades). At a glance, you need a source of explosion (either your chest or asenath's gloves), and you should start buying the cluster jewels. Also your Cold Iron Point corruption is the wrong one. Get the power charge on crit; spell damage does nothing for us.
"
Foot wrote:
Can anyone take a look at my account and help me figure out how I should be progressing my character? Haven't had too much time to play lately and just want to map and run sirius when he spawns. I have around 10ex in currencies at my disposal currently. I don't have any trouble running T16s but have found myself logging onto my summoner for boss kills so that I don't die and kill my XP bar.

Thanks!
There's two ways to improve your bossing experience, damage speed and defense.
For defense, of course get as much life as you can. But for a real improvement, either:
1. Buy Asenath's with Despair on Hit corruption and a chest with Spell Crit and +1 Curse.
or 2. Buy a Hands of the High Templar with Despair on Hit and Temporal Chains on Hit and a chest with the enemies explode mod (plus spell crit of +1 Curse ideally, but it's expensive).
Also, in either one of these situations you can replace your Impresence with a +1 Dex/+1 Phys skill gem amulet for a nice damage boost.

The point of all this is you can replace your Blasphemy + Despair gems with Anomalous Cast When Damage Taken (1/23) + Immortal Call (3/23) for a really good additional defensive layer.

For increasing the speed at which we do damage, you'll want to switch from your dual Might of the Meek setup to the cluster setup the guide describes. Stack Withering Affliction where you can, Fettle to offset the life you lose, and things like Grim Oath, Overwhelming Malice, Touch of Cruelty, Wicked Pall, and Haemmorhage to increase damage and skill duration.

There's also some easy damage upgrades you should look into. 1) Get corrupted Cold Iron Points. One should have power charge on crit and one should have increased damage over time. 2) Upgrade your Blade Vortex supports to be the Awakened Versions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info