[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
Spartan_339 wrote:
Hey guys,

i need to ask a question about these cluster jewels we're using, because i got very confused. I bought a jewel that is exactly like the one listed below, except that it have +2 all attributes instead of mana recharge, and i paid 4 exalted for it (today's deals werent the best i guess).

Then i went to my stash and found a magic one that had the 6% increased aura effect, so because i was curious i started using alts on it, then regal it and it ended up this way. It costed me not more than 10 tries.

Now the question: what is the difference between the jewel i bought for 4 ex and the one i got by myself? The OP wrote:

Only 3 Prefixes are worth getting. Your jewel must have 2 of these
- Replenishing Presence
- First among equals
- Small passives has 25% increased effect

So, since it seems very easy to craft one with a few orbs, why should we bother gettin the replenishing + first among (super expensive) one if we can craft with little effort a sufficient one and spend the EX somewhere else?

Please help me undestanding, thank you

The initial post is a little bit unclear but you won't be able to hit 300% with using a 25% increased effect jewel. It is discussed a little bit further back in the thread.
Last edited by motokorth on Nov 16, 2020, 1:52:41 PM
"
Spartan_339 wrote:
Hey guys,

i need to ask a question about these cluster jewels we're using, because i got very confused. I bought a jewel that is exactly like the one listed below, except that it have +2 all attributes instead of mana recharge, and i paid 4 exalted for it (today's deals werent the best i guess).

Then i went to my stash and found a magic one that had the 6% increased aura effect, so because i was curious i started using alts on it, then regal it and it ended up this way. It costed me not more than 10 tries.

Now the question: what is the difference between the jewel i bought for 4 ex and the one i got by myself? The OP wrote:

- Replenishing Presence
- First among equals

So, since it seems very easy to craft one with a few orbs, why should we bother gettin the replenishing + first among (super expensive) one if we can craft with little effort a sufficient one and spend the EX somewhere else?

Buying the base gem and then rolling does seem more efficient. But not hugely so. The base gem themselves are around 2 ex. And that it only took you 10 tries to hit those two prefixes is pretty lucky. I'd imagine its at least 70-80 tries to hit two of those reliably (they're all prefixes) so I'd guess you may save an ex or so if you want gamble. With only 4 to buy though, RNG could screw you here since its not that big a sample size (you could also, as you showed, get quite lucky).
"
Spartan_339 wrote:
Hey guys,

- Replenishing Presence
- First among equals

First of all, the 6 passive base is worth 2ex alone, so that's 50% of the price you paid.

Then, you have to take into account that alts are 3:1c, and the very nature of rng means you may get it in 10 alts, 300, or never. 2ex for the rights mods on the right jewel isn't expensive. I've sold rp+fae/25% clusters for way more this league. What you are saying is the equivalent of a lottery winner saying 'guys, i bought one ticket and i won, why aren't you all doing the same?!?!'

Finally, crafted products are almost always more expensive to buy. You are not only paying base+materials, but also their time to roll that jewel. That much is very obvious i think.

So you can either pay a premium and get a finished product or go the cheap way. The guide isn't telling you to BUY it, just to GET it.
Last edited by Lisann on Nov 16, 2020, 2:09:54 PM

@motokorth, Chen93, Lisann

I didn't know the base was so expensive. I'm pretty casual and saved some random cluster jewels when i was playing my first char this season, a sword&shield gladiator. Guess i'll better check the other jewels, in case there is something else valuable.

Ok i got the point that it appears i've been lucky. It just didn't seemed so, because both 25% increased effect and First among the equals showed up more than one time. But like Lisann stated, i've spent over 2500 fusings trying to 6-link an armor and it didn't happen, so maeby i'm compensating that one.

About the 300% increased effect, it seems a lot to achieve and i think i'm very far away from that; despite, the build feels very strong already at this point, i've never been able to kill sirius before and do juiced T16 maps without dying every 4 steps. I hope i'll be able to get all the jewels i need before the league ends, because i've heard you guys saying that in standard jewels like these are unaffordable.
Hi boys and girls, can some one say why my dmg is so low mb i missed smth or i dont know what is the problem.(animate guardian have kingmaker)
https://pastebin.com/p2QS8As8
"
KAMAPULYAEZHI wrote:
Hi boys and girls, can some one say why my dmg is so low mb i missed smth or i dont know what is the problem.(animate guardian have kingmaker)

Pretty much the usual answer, your increased aura effect multiplier is low so your losing a ton of damage and other valuable stats, you also would benefit greatly from alternative quality gems like divergent vitality for example.

Ill link my crap rq, ignore the equipment just hover over the skill gems and check the descriptions for some ideas, and keep in mind they are actually tripled so like a "20% chance to avoid ignite" would be 60% etc, and my damage boost from vitality is 44% instead of 20 b/c enhance etc.

"
KAMAPULYAEZHI wrote:

Your medium clusters have the right affixes, but the wrong # passives, so you are not reaching 300% aura effect. That alone is a bunch of damage and defense you are missing and your main problem.

Your large clusters could use some more investment too, you are wasting quite a few points in them.

Since you are using generosity+dreadbanner, damage on full life support is like 10-20% more dps than impale supp.

You are also missing Flesh and Stone+maim, which is like 40% more dps.

Purities need to get to lvl 23 too, at least fire and ice.

Your gloves are subpar too. You could buy a random redeemer with minion damage and dex for like 5c, and would be miles better.

Use a blue pariah instead of the crappy res rare, and put discipline there. Then get a random +3gems unset with whatever you need and put a purity.

Same thing with your abyss jewels, stats + phy dmg shouldnt be hard nor expensive to get, even better if they come with life or es. As is, you'd be a lot better using a random rare belt with str and life/es.
Last edited by Lisann on Nov 16, 2020, 5:58:51 PM
can anyone help me with my POB? it only shows very low dps when i try to import my character

Please teach me how to set up ny pob :(
Last edited by JAYJAYJAYJAYJAYJAYJAY on Nov 17, 2020, 8:55:33 AM
Try downloading the POB for this build, make a clone in POB and then import your character over it making sure to click delete skills, items, and jewels. That should use the configuration set up from Waffle's POB with your character specs. Obviously save it as a new name :p
Regarding

"Added Small Passive Skills have #% increased Effect" with the 35%

Please stop telling about this option without mentioning that the base alone will cost you 50 EX, yes 50 EX as you need item level 84

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/K8ygMPMU5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info