[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Theres a ton of things you need to do but lets keep it simple and realistic to start.

Your first upgrade should be a Shavronne's wrapping with a decent energy shield roll, the sockets and links dont matter, just get the highest ES one you can for the best price and spend 5 chaos on a jeweller's touch prophecy to 5 link it, color it 3 red and 2 blue, 5 links is more then enough to get you going, the 6th flex spot end game wise is just melee splash or damage on full life and its a luxury.

Second is just getting 4 clusters with 6 passives, replenish. presence, and first among equals, it looks like you already have 2 so your halfway there on those.

Lastly just use 1 pariah ring for your discipline gem, and 1 rare unset ring for your 2nd ring, that second ring is where your going to get your needed strength and dex atm, an easy way to make a good placeholder ring is to search for any unset ring with the following "Fractured" roll > +2 to socketed gems, then just use an deafing essence of rage on it until you get a halfway decent roll.

As I said theres alot you need but start with those just to get you off the ground and running, then chip away at it.

First of all, thanks for the help. Ok, so, the body armor the author says that he used the one i'm using till maps, why do i need to change mine now at level 60/ACT 8?

I'm sorry but these cluster jewels were expensive already and i went from 1900c to 1500c trying to get the required passives the build says i need to get, and now i need to gamble more chaos to change these two cluster with "passives skills have 25% increased effect" to the other two i already have? Why? The build says that i need TWO of the THREE (Replenish Presence, First Among Equals and 25% increased effect for passives).

Ok, this Pariah ring will serve for the Discipline gem and give me more ES, but i fail to see how am i supposed to get my resistances to at least 75% atm. I can search for a rare ring because i refuse to "craft" anything in this game aside from using chaos to roll stuff (which i still find terrible). But i doubt i will be able to get a ring with 50+ STR and with all the necessary resists to cover for The Taming and the amulet i'm using right now.

I'm sorry if i am sounding a bit bitter here, but i am really not seeing how to continue leveling lacking the necessary STR and resists till i get to 70.

And BTW, i'm playing on STD, so gear is more expensive.

*EDIT: The cheapeast unset ring with the fractured mod i need goes for 60ex atm, lol, yeah, i need another strategy for this.
Last edited by phosTR on Nov 17, 2020, 7:21:51 PM
Ya I cant help you with standard, honestly like 0.00003% of the population plays there, im not 1 of those elitists that thinks hes too good for standard, its just a ghost town with an broken economy is all.

The base guide lays out the progression pretty clearly, showing you what pieces you can use for budget and what to upgrade, your resistances are overcapped naked with just your purities and clusters, thats a non issue.

I rerolled to this from my whispering ice scion when i returned to PoE and realized they nerfed our ice storms to 5 and within a week without rmt'ng I was in maps with decent gear, you should consider trying the league and just rerolling, its MUCH easier to buy and trade in leagues then standard.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Nov 17, 2020, 7:29:00 PM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Ya I cant help you with standard, honestly like 0.00003% of the population plays there, im not 1 of those elitists that thinks hes too good for standard, its just a ghost town with an broken economy is all.

The base guide lays out the progression pretty clearly, showing you what pieces you can use for budget and what to upgrade, your resistances are overcapped naked with just your purities and clusters, thats a non issue.

I rerolled to this from my whispering ice scion when i returned to PoE and realized they nerfed our ice storms to 5 and within a week without rmt'ng I was in maps with decent gear, you should consider trying the league and just rerolling, its MUCH easier to buy and trade in leagues then standard.

"The base guide lays out the progression pretty clearly"

Kinda. The necessary STRENGHT required for the weapon is super high and i'm supposed to get that from where? Rings? The leveling guide doesn't say when i should start using the purity gems for resists, it clearly says to use Vitality, Drean Banner, Pride and Discipline for the leveling auras. Also, the effect of the cluster jewels i will only get access to it past level 80, this doesn't even count for the leveling process at all.

I don't wanna play league and start all over again. When i came back to this game (Harvest league) i was able to progress relatively fast because i had help from a guild and they already had a lot of gear and they even gave me currency. I just wanna use my strong characters in STD and have access to all the stuff i have unlocked.

This build seems great and all and i am very grateful to the author, but the leveling guide is lacking more info, specially in the part of how to cover the resistances.

Guess i will try to push with what i have or try some changes, using your tips too. Well, thanks.
Last edited by phosTR on Nov 17, 2020, 7:50:27 PM
If for whatever reason the clayshaper attribute requirement remains an issue just use an cold iron point dagger, its just as good if not better anyways, I used a clayshaper for a few days, then switched to the dagger, and over a long period built up to my 40-50ex +2 wand.
So this is my char at the moment: https://pastebin.com/wnfikqj8

8.6m dps per golem with 500k per zombie, so around 38-39m total sirus dps.

At this stage, everything just melts.
Last edited by Zh00u on Nov 17, 2020, 8:07:05 PM
If you are missing that many stats, an astramentis should be more than enough on its own.

Later on, stats should be covered by affixes on, but not exclusively: clusters, gloves, rare ring, and abyss jewels. Essence crafting guarantees str or dex on gear. You can get a node or two on the tree, but the build is kinda point starved.

Also, imho you are expected to level as a life summoner, and respect to ll whenever you feel comfortable. ie when you have your purities and all gear. Leveling as ES is generally miserable unless you really know what you are doing.
Last edited by Lisann on Nov 17, 2020, 8:13:33 PM
"
Lisann wrote:
If you are missing that many stats, an astramentis should be more than enough on its own.

Later on, stats should be covered by affixes on, but not exclusively: clusters, gloves, rare ring, and abyss jewels. Essence crafting guarantees str or dex on gear. You can get a node or two on the tree, but the build is kinda point starved.

Also, imho you are expected to level as a life summoner, and respect to ll whenever you feel comfortable. ie when you have your purities and all gear. Leveling as ES is generally miserable unless you really know what you are doing.

Ok, so the guide just fails to tell that to new players to this type of build.
"
phosTR wrote:

I don't think it's directed to completely new or inexperienced/really casual players. The build is quite theorycraft-y and a little deviation can mess it up real bad. Some builds are more beginner friendly, some are not. That's just the way it is. Let's face it, it's an absurd amount of work to write a guide in such depth.

Leveling is generally resumed in a few bullet points, and you are expected to wing it. You can level however you want thpugh, the author just suggests a certain path, you aren't forced to follow it. 1-maps just takes a few hours anyway and you can just buy corrupted 20/20 gems for peanuts. (taking this into account, i like spellslinger vd leveling, 1 button build)

Furthermore, leaving cluster points last is a really bad idea. You will not reach 300% effect until like lvl 90 or so, so you will miss a ton of dmg and defences.
Last edited by Lisann on Nov 17, 2020, 8:47:46 PM
"
Lisann wrote:
"
phosTR wrote:

I don't think it's directed to completely new or inexperienced/really casual players. The build is quite theorycraft-y and a little deviation can mess it up real bad. Some builds are more beginner friendly, some are not. That's just the way it is. Let's face it, it's an absurd amount of work to write a guide in such depth.

Leveling is generally resumed in a few bullet points, and you are expected to wing it. You can level however you want thpugh, the author just suggests a certain path, you aren't forced to follow it. 1-maps just takes a few hours anyway and you can just buy corrupted 20/20 gems for peanuts. (taking this into account, i like spellslinger vd leveling, 1 button build)

Furthermore, leaving cluster points last is a really bad idea. You will not reach 300% effect until like lvl 90 or so, so you will miss a ton of dmg and defences.

Well, i'm at level 60 and and i have 5 passive points to spend, by following the guide i should start the clusters already because there is nothing else in the skill tree to get asisde from two strange passives that give mov speed and accuracy. Maybe is my fault for following Enki's Arc Witch and expecting all guide to be in that level of detail (in the leveling section).
Last edited by phosTR on Nov 17, 2020, 8:57:30 PM
hello

nice build, could be the first time I reached lvl 100
so I'm wondering what the next 2-3 upgrades could be ? (except gems that are not 20 yet, I'm leveling them). I have around 20 exalts

TY
Last edited by Jedam81 on Nov 17, 2020, 8:57:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info