[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Saedeas wrote:
Loving the build so far, though I'm just getting it rolling. One question. Why not take Zealot's Oath? Is the life leech from Cerberus not sufficient for chaos damage sustain late game (it seems to be ~800/s) even with capped chaos res? It seems like having 1000ish ES regen/s would be really dope.

Your ES regen comes from blocking with the modifier on Aegis Aurora. Every time you block you replenish energy shield by 2% of your armor. Realistically your health should never dip because your ES will always be at full or close to full so life leech isn't really important. I personally haven't had any issues with chaos damage unless I just stand in a degen for too long.
Last edited by injected on Oct 8, 2020, 8:57:25 PM
"
injected wrote:
Few bars away from level 99 and I think this is the first build I might actually enjoy enough to take to 100. A few things that might help people boost your damage if you have the currency:

The amulet is pretty easy to craft if you can get your hands on an awakener's orb. This brings my incinerate to level 30 with the +1 to socketed gems on the chest. I was hoping to get +1 gems and +2 aoe gems but this is good enough.

You can craft the amulet by alt spamming an ilvl 82+ hunter influenced amulet until you hit +1 to intelligence gems and then alt spam an ilvl 82+ warlord's amulet until you get +1 to fire gems. The other stats you end up with after slamming it with an awakener's orb are probably going to be bad but the damage boost from the increased gem level is definitely worth it if you can keep your resists capped.

awesome!!!

There is only one player at level 99 right now using Incinerate on poe.ninja
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Last league the Megalomaniac cluster was super expensive so I have been ignoring it this league by mistake.

Last night I decided to search on it and was surprised to pick one up for only 2ex.

This build is extremely tanky and Fortify brings it to the next level. I feel almost indestructible right now.

Wow amazed to see it's so cheap now!
Gratz on getting it!

This league's economy is slightly different from last league.

While the Overlord Megalomaniac jewel is available at a reasonable price, trying to find the double Determination Watcher's Eye is so hard.

Right now there are close to 150 Watcher's Eye on sale with the Determination/Vulnerability mod, and not a single one has in addition the Determination/armour mod.
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Last league the Megalomaniac cluster was super expensive so I have been ignoring it this league by mistake.

Last night I decided to search on it and was surprised to pick one up for only 2ex.

This build is extremely tanky and Fortify brings it to the next level. I feel almost indestructible right now.

Gratz on getting it!

While the Overlord Megalomaniac jewel is available at a reasonable price, trying to find the double Determination Watcher's Eye is so hard.

Right now there are close to 150 Watcher's Eye on sale with the Determination/Vulnerability mod, and not a single one has in addition the Determination/armour mod.

I kept my browser open with live search for over a week until one finally popped up and it was only 50 chaos! I got really lucky.
Omg I just got one 10 mins ago haha that was actually very tough. Might have bought it a bit overprice, but I think it is worth an Active Live search for 2 whole days :)

"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Gratz on getting it!

You should look at some of the other options out there. The one I'm currently using has % reduced extra damage takes from critical strikes as its second mod and imo is more useful than the flat armor one. Since it goes up to 60% its not too hard to cap or get close to reducing the extra crit damage from nothing which I think is extremely valuable given that only oneshots really can kill us.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"

You should look at some of the other options out there. The one I'm currently using has % reduced extra damage takes from critical strikes as its second mod and imo is more useful than the flat armor one. Since it goes up to 60% its not too hard to cap or get close to reducing the extra crit damage from nothing which I think is extremely valuable given that only oneshots really can kill us.

Last night I picked up a single Determination Watchers Eye with a Corrupted Blood corruption on it which allows me to free up a tree socket for Unnatural Instinct (which cost me more than 9ex (yikes!!)).

I agree the reduced damage from crit strikes is a good alternative but it may not be as good as you think. It is not a "less" damage, like Fortify is. It is a "reduced" damage, which has a significantly smaller impact.

More and Less are the strong mods for impact
Increased and Reduced are the weak mods for impact.

I already have 50% reduced damage from crit strikes on my Armor corruption. I can't say I notice much of a difference but every little bit helps IMO.
Before I diverted to the path of buying Unnatural Instinct, I was targetting saving up for Awakened Hextouch Level 5, but the prices on that continue to rise.

For those that have moved to the dual curse set up, do you feel it would be worth the cost (17ex today) ?
Just hit level 97 (2 higher than any character I have ever played before).

I have read that 97 is where leveling slows way down.

I don't know if I am suppose to do something different to continue leveling, but I guess I will keep farming Sirus to get to AW8 and run level 83 heists of which I have a ton saved up.
"
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"

Last night I picked up a single Determination Watchers Eye with a Corrupted Blood corruption on it which allows me to free up a tree socket for Unnatural Instinct (which cost me more than 9ex (yikes!!)).

I agree the reduced damage from crit strikes is a good alternative but it may not be as good as you think. It is not a "less" damage, like Fortify is. It is a "reduced" damage, which has a significantly smaller impact.

More and Less are the strong mods for impact
Increased and Reduced are the weak mods for impact.

I already have 50% reduced damage from crit strikes on my Armor corruption. I can't say I notice much of a difference but every little bit helps IMO.

Thats good feedback, I noticed on my standard guy im more tanky with it at like 97 percent, but I think its really conditional and could be other factors there.

Im torn on unatural instinct if its worth the price for what we get. Maybe one of my last upgrades I dunno.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info