[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
While I am leveling, I have been keeping my eye out for some of the core pieces of the build to buy.

I think I have assembled all the basics except the Megalomanica gem which is hard. Not only is it super expensive, it rarely comes with other notables that are useful for the build. I think that one piece may remain as a super end game piece along with Unnatural Instinct.

Note that I know I still will need the "reduce curse effect" rings but I am waiting to buy those until I get to maps and see what I need to cap my resists.

Please let me know if any thing looks wrong in the group below:

I really don't think these rings are necessary.
Just skip temporal chains and its fine.
I already max this build, over and over.
"
"
While I am leveling, I have been keeping my eye out for some of the core pieces of the build to buy.

I think I have assembled all the basics except the Megalomanica gem which is hard. Not only is it super expensive, it rarely comes with other notables that are useful for the build. I think that one piece may remain as a super end game piece along with Unnatural Instinct.

Note that I know I still will need the "reduce curse effect" rings but I am waiting to buy those until I get to maps and see what I need to cap my resists.

Please let me know if any thing looks wrong in the group below:

I really don't think these rings are necessary.
Just skip temporal chains and its fine.
I already max this build, over and over.

interesting. I skip temp chains usually any way. I guess I could always try mapping first before the specific rings and see how bad its gets if at all.
This is the medium cluster jewel recommended in the build guide

And this one below just dropped for me. It caught my eye because of the extra chaos resist.

Does anyone have an opinion on how much stronger Rapid Infusion is vs Vital Focus? (both clusters have Unwavering Focus)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 14, 2020, 11:57:19 PM
Any other good budget options for mods on watcher's eye? The +armour while affected by determination is quite expensive and only one on the market. What do you think about 50% reduced dmg from crits? Additional phys reduction is also an option, but doesn't seem necessary.
"
Jaapstam wrote:
Any other good budget options for mods on watcher's eye? The +armour while affected by determination is quite expensive and only one on the market. What do you think about 50% reduced dmg from crits? Additional phys reduction is also an option, but doesn't seem necessary.

I think Reduced Damage From Crits is a nice budget option. I was only able to afford a single stat for now but I will hopefully upgrade later.

May I ask an unrelated question about your build to help me understand? I see you are using The Wise Oak flask. I was under the assumption we should only use that flask under one of two conditions

1) The uncapped ele resists were equal across the board
or
2) The uncapped Fire resistance was your highest of the 3

But it does not look from first glance that you meet either of these conditions...So my understanding of the flask may be faulty...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 15, 2020, 9:28:29 AM
"

May I ask an unrelated question about your build to help me understand? I see you are using The Wise Oak flask. I was under the assumption we should only use that flask under one of two conditions

or

But it does not look from first glance that you meet either of these conditions...So my understanding of the flask may be faulty...

About my build or the author's one? My build is not finished yet (by far) and still changing out gear, which is my fire resist is indeed not the highest. Balancing exactly probably gonna be annoying, so will just stick with fire res highest. On the other hand, I can run t16s already, only lacking a bit of dmg, so I'm not in a hurry :).
Last edited by Jaapstam on Jul 15, 2020, 10:29:25 AM
"
Jaapstam wrote:
"

or

About my build or the author's one? My build is not finished yet (by far) and still changing out gear, which is my fire resist is indeed not the highest. Balancing exactly probably gonna be annoying, so will just stick with fire res highest. On the other hand, I can run t16s already, only lacking a bit of dmg, so I'm not in a hurry :).

I was asking about yours. Thank you for the information.

I think I have only balanced resists once in all my years of playing and that was more by luck than choice :)
"
This is the medium cluster jewel recommended in the build guide

And this one below just dropped for me. It caught my eye because of the extra chaos resist.

Does anyone have an opinion on how much stronger Rapid Infusion is vs Vital Focus? (both clusters have Unwavering Focus)

Hey,

Rapid Infusion will definately be a bigger dmg boost, as the effect of "Infusion" is a damage multiplier, and that effect will get increased by 30%.

Greetz
Thanks, I went with the Rapid Infusion cluster and selling the other.

====================

I just completed a very smooth leveling experience. I whipped through the last few acts like butter.

I finished at level 69, grabbed my 3rd ascendancy and went right into yellow maps with no problems at all. I don't think I have ever jumped to yellow maps so early.

Every part of the build is functioning extremely well. The only part that never seems to come into play is the Blade Blast culling strike, but I guess that may come into play much later when facing long bossing where I face tank.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 15, 2020, 4:24:39 PM
I am so impressed by this build.

I had my first death since I started mapping. It was in a hard t15 map (I was only level 79 at the time) and made a dumb mistake (I used Infernal Cry before I popped my flasks) and got one shot.

Nature's Patience is a nice microcosm of the entire build in that it provides both offense and defense at the same time, which can be said about many items in the build.

I know I will never be able to afford the real high end gear but even the baseline gear creates a character that feels strong in both offense and defense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info