[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
thiago2k wrote:
So I got really frustrated with those megalomaniac prices, and here's what I did. Arcanist brand with wave of conviction, combustion, arcane surge and vaal righteous fire(helmet) , and switched flame dash to shield charge, faster attacks and fortify(shield) , this way I can have both fortify and arcane surge. Hope it's useful for you guys! Cheers!

Edit: no combustion on arcanist brand setup, I left combustion on reckoning and went with vaal righteous fire for bosses,sorry.

I am a little confused.

Could you tell me when you are casting the various spells in your helmet? I don't think I understand which spell is being used when between WOC, Brand and Righteous Fire....
"
"
thiago2k wrote:
So I got really frustrated with those megalomaniac prices, and here's what I did. Arcanist brand with wave of conviction, combustion, arcane surge and vaal righteous fire(helmet) , and switched flame dash to shield charge, faster attacks and fortify(shield) , this way I can have both fortify and arcane surge. Hope it's useful for you guys! Cheers!

Edit: no combustion on arcanist brand setup, I left combustion on reckoning and went with vaal righteous fire for bosses,sorry.

I am a little confused.

Could you tell me when you are casting the various spells in your helmet? I don't think I understand which spell is being used when between WOC, Brand and Righteous Fire....

Just edited my post, no combustion on helmet, it's arcanist brand + wave of conviction + arcane surge + vaal righteous fire(for bosses).

Combustion still on reckoning setup.
Ok, as you guys can see, I'm not good at those forum posts, hahahahaha.

So it's helmet: arcanist brand + wave of conviction + combustion + arcane surge.

Boots: vaal righteous fire + reckoning + curse on hit + flammability.

Shield: shield charge + faster attacks + fortify.

Rest as build guide recommends.

Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun everyone!
"
thiago2k wrote:

So it's helmet: arcanist brand + wave of conviction + combustion + arcane surge.

Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun everyone!

I still don't understand the helmet as I have never used Arcanist Brand and don't understand its interaction with WOC.

I think I would use the skill Arcanist Brand, and when the brand attaches itself, it will trigger WOC (with arcane surge and combustion as supports).

Is that the correct usage of this setup in the helmet?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 10, 2020, 7:25:26 PM
"
"
thiago2k wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun everyone!

I still don't understand the helmet as I have never used Arcanist Brand and don't understand its interaction with WOC.

I think I would use the skill Arcanist Brand, and when the brand attaches itself, it will trigger WOC (with arcane surge and combustion as supports).

Yeah, WOC applies exposure and grants arcane surge, and we use shield charge to gain fortify, so we can bypass the overlord node, that's a cheap approach to get both arcane surge and fortify, with the overlord megalomaniac the process is automated, but it's quite expensive right now. You have to try and see if it's worth it the trouble.

Cheers!
"
thiago2k wrote:
"
"
thiago2k wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun everyone!

Yeah, WOC applies exposure and grants arcane surge, and we use shield charge to gain fortify, so we can bypass the overlord node, that's a cheap approach to get both arcane surge and fortify, with the overlord megalomaniac the process is automated, but it's quite expensive right now. You have to try and see if it's worth it the trouble.

Cheers!

Thank you.

Do you use the Arcanist Brand a lot while clearing or is it more of a single target tool?
"
"
thiago2k wrote:
"

Cheers!

Thank you.

Do you use the Arcanist Brand a lot while clearing or is it more of a single target tool?

More single target, or tougher rares like Betrayal or abyss...
"
thiago2k wrote:

thanks!! just one more question.

Do you level all 3 gems to max and then level Arcane Surge appropriately (to 8 I think when all other 3 are at 20)?

ps: I assume you remove Arcane Surge if we get Arcane Adept in the cluster jewel..
"
"
thiago2k wrote:

thanks!! just one more question.

Do you level all 3 gems to max and then level Arcane Surge appropriately (to 8 I think when all other 3 are at 20)?

ps: I assume you remove Arcane Surge if we get Arcane Adept in the cluster jewel..

Right now mana cost is 32 for arcanist brand, so Arcane Surge is at level 7, but my gems are not maxed yet, so have to check again later.

Yeah, i think if you have arcane adept, you can remove arcane surge from the gem.

Cheers!
Has anyone tried this as a CI build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info