[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
thiago2k wrote:
Hi Claey, I'm having a blast with this build! Still level 87 but thinking about the next upgrades, for what I understand it will be an unnatural Instinct and a megalomaniac with overlord. Can you take a look at my itens and see if I can improve anything else? Especially the rings, cause I haven't given much attention to them.

Thanks a lot!

Very nice stuff!!
Would go for the rings first to get Reduced Curse effect on them. That will make you much less susceptible to stuff like elemental weakness and other curses.
Coward's Legacy belt has 50% increased effect of curses on you, so we need to deflect that somehow...

Next I would go for the Megalomaniac jewel with Overlord.

Unnatural Instinct is REAAAAAAALLY endgame stuff, wouldn't rush it, and wouldn't even call it necessary. Just some nice minmaxing :)

Greetz

"
Claeysken wrote:
"
thiago2k wrote:
Hi Claey, I'm having a blast with this build! Still level 87 but thinking about the next upgrades, for what I understand it will be an unnatural Instinct and a megalomaniac with overlord. Can you take a look at my itens and see if I can improve anything else? Especially the rings, cause I haven't given much attention to them.

Thanks a lot!

Very nice stuff!!
Would go for the rings first to get Reduced Curse effect on them. That will make you much less susceptible to stuff like elemental weakness and other curses.
Coward's Legacy belt has 50% increased effect of curses on you, so we need to deflect that somehow...

Next I would go for the Megalomaniac jewel with Overlord.

Unnatural Instinct is REAAAAAAALLY endgame stuff, wouldn't rush it, and wouldn't even call it necessary. Just some nice minmaxing :)

Greetz

Humn, I missed that, hahahahaha, just went for determination / vulnerability watchers...

Alright, I'll try to craft something for the rings on the way, gotta tell you, I haven't noticed those 50% increased effect of curses, cause the char is so tanky, that I almost rip only to porcupines AND if kill the pack all at once, hahahha

Cheers!
Ahoy, thanks for the guide! It's been really fun burning up everything haha. What do you think about swapping out cold snap for blind support on wave of conviction?

Vaal Cold snap gives guaranteed frenzy charges/freezing but blinding could potentially save you if you didn't dodge fast enough (assuming the 10% kicks in)?
"
crims01 wrote:
Ahoy, thanks for the guide! It's been really fun burning up everything haha. What do you think about swapping out cold snap for blind support on wave of conviction?

Vaal Cold snap gives guaranteed frenzy charges/freezing but blinding could potentially save you if you didn't dodge fast enough (assuming the 10% kicks in)?

To be honest, the whole goal of this build is to actually get hit xD
Getting hit means, block. Blocking means you replenish ES.

You can try it if you want, but I don't personally feel that it would benefit the build.

Greetz
Well, right now cheapest megalomaniac with Overlord is 8ex, I'm considering grabbing points to pick normal large cluster Overlord, hahahahaha
Thank you very much for the build guide it was very informative.

I have a basic question.

In the POB for 3.11, I see the following enabled in Weapon 1(they are broken into two skill sections but all 4 are enabled)

Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Arcane Surge
Infernal Cry

How does this work with only 3 sockets?

Do you swap in Infernal Cry for bosses only? Or is the Arcane Surge only a place holder for POB math to cover Arcane Adept procing?

if it is the latter (which I think it might be), would the following be ok for this build instead of lighting warp?

Flame Dash - Second Wind - Infernal Cry

I think Second Wind would be able to support both the movement skill and the war cry.

"
Thank you very much for the build guide it was very informative.

I have a basic question.

In the POB for 3.11, I see the following enabled in Weapon 1(they are broken into two skill sections but all 4 are enabled)

Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Arcane Surge
Infernal Cry

How does this work with only 3 sockets?

Do you swap in Infernal Cry for bosses only? Or is the Arcane Surge only a place holder for POB math to cover Arcane Adept procing?

if it is the latter (which I think it might be), would the following be ok for this build instead of lighting warp?

Flame Dash - Second Wind - Infernal Cry

I think Second Wind would be able to support both the movement skill and the war cry.

Hey!
I put the Arcane Surge there because for some reason POB doesn't activate the Arcane Surge we get from the cluster jewel. So the link should be LW - Less Duration - Infernal Cry

Flame Dash would ofcourse be very ok!
"
thiago2k wrote:
Well, right now cheapest megalomaniac with Overlord is 8ex, I'm considering grabbing points to pick normal large cluster Overlord, hahahahaha

I was thinking of a medium cluster with Vital Focus and one socket to add an other jewel with armour, life, chaos res etc or anything else usefull as a cheap replacement for the megalomaniac.
"
xHorusonx wrote:
"
thiago2k wrote:

I was thinking of a medium cluster with Vital Focus and one socket to add an other jewel with armour, life, chaos res etc or anything else usefull as a cheap replacement for the megalomaniac.

That's a nice idea, I got one small cluster that gives armor, I think in total it's 45% increased Armour, helps a lot.

I only die now for chaos damage, because I've neglected chaos res, gonna fix that asap.

So I got really frustrated with those megalomaniac prices, and here's what I did. Arcanist brand with wave of conviction, combustion, arcane surge and vaal righteous fire(helmet) , and switched flame dash to shield charge, faster attacks and fortify(shield) , this way I can have both fortify and arcane surge. Hope it's useful for you guys! Cheers!

Edit: no combustion on arcanist brand setup, I left combustion on reckoning and went with vaal righteous fire for bosses,sorry.
Last edited by thiago2k on Jul 10, 2020, 4:51:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info