[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I have just started leveling this build.

I have never used incinerate before.

When using it against single target, do I want to hold forever or do I want to hold and release at 8 stages constantly?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 13, 2020, 2:23:55 AM
"

When using it against single target, do I want to hold forever or do I want to hold and release at 8 stages constantly?

The biggest dmg will come from letting go from time to time :)
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Cool thanks!

I am going to be using Abberath's Horn to level with until I equip Cerberus Limb.

Do you have any leveling recommendations for the shield until I can equip Aegis Aurora?
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Cool thanks!

I am going to be using Abberath's Horn to level with until I equip Cerberus Limb.

Do you have any leveling recommendations for the shield until I can equip Aegis Aurora?

Any rare that has the elemental resistances you need to get you close to capped. Thats what I did atleast :)
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Cool thanks!

If it's not your first char grab a light of lunaris (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Light_of_Lunaris), they were about 10c. Some nice flat spell dmg, ES, and crit chance to proc ele overload. Lasted me until Aegis Aurora.
"
Jaapstam wrote:

If it's not your first char grab a light of lunaris (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Light_of_Lunaris), they were about 10c. Some nice flat spell dmg, ES, and crit chance to proc ele overload. Lasted me until Aegis Aurora.

Thanks. That looks perfect and it should even work with Cerebus Limb when I equip that if I get one at 30% or better block.
Leveling is going like a dream so far. I have one question so far.

I am confused on the use of Infernal Cry. I understand how to use it on bosses. But I don't understand how to use it when clearing to create the explosions. Is it maybe related to Reckoning (I don't yet have that group equipped yet but will soon) as that is the only skill I see that may use the "exerts" on Infernal Cry.?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 13, 2020, 11:47:21 PM
"

I am confused on the use of Infernal Cry. I understand how to use it on bosses. But I don't understand how to use it when clearing to create the explosions. Is it maybe related to Reckoning (I don't yet have that group equipped yet but will soon) as that is the only skill I see that may use the "exerts" on Infernal Cry.?

Hi!
The explosions of Infernal Cry is an "on-kill"-effect, meaning that any skill (spell or attack) can trigger the explosion, as long as the enemy dies.

The "Exert" from the Infernal Cry actually does nothing for us as the primary skill we use is a spell, not an attack.

The most effective way to use Infernal Cry is on a big pack. Cast it near or in the middle of a big pack, kill one enemy with Incinerate and watch the entire pack explode.

Greetz
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Hi!
The explosions of Infernal Cry is an "on-kill"-effect, meaning that any skill (spell or attack) can trigger the explosion, as long as the enemy dies.

The "Exert" from the Infernal Cry actually does nothing for us as the primary skill we use is a spell, not an attack.

The most effective way to use Infernal Cry is on a big pack. Cast it near or in the middle of a big pack, kill one enemy with Incinerate and watch the entire pack explode.

Greetz

Ahh! That makes sense, thanks!
While I am leveling, I have been keeping my eye out for some of the core pieces of the build to buy.

I think I have assembled all the basics except the Megalomanica gem which is hard. Not only is it super expensive, it rarely comes with other notables that are useful for the build. I think that one piece may remain as a super end game piece along with Unnatural Instinct.

Note that I know I still will need the "reduce curse effect" rings but I am waiting to buy those until I get to maps and see what I need to cap my resists.

Please let me know if any thing looks wrong in the group below:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info