3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
"
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
Do we even care about divine flesh now? Seems like it might not be worth it.

I use it. But whether it is worth it out depends on how high you want to level, how much you want to spend, and how much DPS you want to give up. On it's own, with zero buffing, it doesn't seem much worth it. If you you buff it up with BoC, and CoS extra node from the Glorious Vanity jewel, it becomes better.

I am going to try it, I sacrificed around 200 hp but the extra chaos resist can't hurt and it will give me another layer of ele resist.

The interesting thing, is that on paper divine flesh looks really good. In practice, I don't find it all that great. I am currently sitting at 5200 HP with 76/75/75/90 - which means, barring no elemental penetration (only a few bosses penetrate, shaper, I think with his balls, and one other, so pretty rare) I will take an average of 82.5% of a hit vs 75% without divine flesh. So that means if I get his with a 20,000 lightning attack, I will only take 3,500 HP vs 5,000, which represents an additional 30% mitigation for elemental damage. That isn't bad, and I won't argue it is bad. However, it requires significant investment. In this league, it required me, with pretty darn good gear to get 3x3 node BoC nodes, which is 9 points, and also a Glorious Vanity Jewel, which takes at least 1 point or more depending on what you anoint, for example: Cult of Chaos node to reach the 90%. So, in total, to have 90% chaos res, with you are looking at giving up this:

4 Jewel Slots
Minimum of 10 Skill Points if anointing the Cult of Chaos node.

Mind you, this is Heist. In Harvest, with perfect gear, not only would it be cheaper, but you could save at least 3 points right off the bat and increase your GP significantly. With Heist, for this build, you have to give up a lot of life nodes.

I am still conflicted on whether divine flesh is really worth it in the real world. I still get one shot with:

5200 HP
76/75/75/90
62% Flat Physical (without amour)
90% Sheet Physical DR
88% Physical DR against Sirus Triple Die Beam

Certain things, however, seem to infict the same amount of damage on me. For example: Exploding Fireball that chases you, as a test. T16, no mods - took 80% of my life with my current setup above. When I was at 4300 HP and running 76/75/75/84, it still took about 80% of my life. Same T16 map, no mods. I did this test multiple times. It makes me wonder if some damage items in the game at percent of max life based, or if they have a very high variation for their damage, essentially a crit without a crit mechanic - for example: 5,000 - 7,000 - One could roll for 5K damage, and the next one 7K. Neither are crits, just a variation in the damage roll.

That said, there is no question that divine flesh will improve tankiness. I won't dispute that at all. It jus isn't going to keep you from getting one shot. It may remove 50% of your one-shots, but you can and still will get one shot. My most recent example is delving as low as 220 - I got insta gibbed. Just flat out 1 shot. I was pissed, I can't make sense of that. It wasn't a boss, it was a regular lobster like big crab creature. One swing, and I was dead. I check the mods of the node, nothing crazy. Just a basic node.

Heist robot area (white ilvl 83, hence, no mods), one shot from non-rare, no boss. Not multiple small hits, a single 1 shot death. These things will still happen no matter how you fortify your character. They simply become more rare as you get extra mitigation. But that comes at a DPS cost, and it can be quite large.

As far as I know, only an aura stacker can realistically avoid 1-shots, but those builds seem to get nerfed each patch, and someone figures out a way new way to buff them each time. I prefer consistency, so I try to play a class that isn't constantly changed each time. I'll say this, however - if they nerf anything related to this golem build gain, I'll quit the game. That isn't a threat, and I don't say that out of spite, or as a whiny child would, just as someone who is tired of having to reinvent the wheel or redo my character builds because they can't make up their minds on what a class/build can do. I don't like that they constantly change nodes... It has to frustrate people that play standard who play a consistent build they like.

Last edited by ArchAngelGabe777 on Oct 29, 2020, 9:02:29 AM
"
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:

I use it. But whether it is worth it out depends on how high you want to level, how much you want to spend, and how much DPS you want to give up. On it's own, with zero buffing, it doesn't seem much worth it. If you you buff it up with BoC, and CoS extra node from the Glorious Vanity jewel, it becomes better.

Sorry what are Boc and CoS? ty
"
"
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:

Sorry what are Boc and CoS? ty

Born of Chaos is a Small Cluster Jewel. It gives 3% to maximum chaos resistance. You can stack several. For example, I have three.

Cult of Chaos is a morphed node from the Glorious Vanity Jewel. It gives 1% to maximum chaos resistance, and up to 19% chaos resistance. Because pathing to it can be tricky or a waste of points, you can use an anoint to hit the node, or you can skip it altogether, as the difference between 89% and 90% is largely insignificant.

There are, of course, some other ways to boost maximum chaos resistance. You could, instead, simply use two Born of Chaos small clusters and use Saffell's Frame shield, which gives +4% maximum resistances to both elemental and chaos, which would bring up you 80/79/79/90 - But, it would be a drop in DPS, since you would lose the +3 from one of your CIPs. But that would make you even more tanky.

Alternatively, you could simply ignore Divine Flesh and use Saffell's Frame which is a large defensive boost in itself. It really depends on what you want from your character.
Ty for the quick and perfect reply.

I die the same one shot also with 85% chaos res and divine flesh, so i think i go back for dps.
I'm in the midst of leveling a golem build when someone pointed out to me that the guide I was looking at was craaazy expensive, so I came here.
Forgive me but reading through the last few pages has left me rather confused, some talk about the amulet not being the best for carrion golems, something about building more offensive rather than defensive, could someone enlighten me?

Imagine me being 5 years old, you won't be far off
"
Chridian wrote:
I'm in the midst of leveling a golem build when someone pointed out to me that the guide I was looking at was craaazy expensive, so I came here.
Forgive me but reading through the last few pages has left me rather confused, some talk about the amulet not being the best for carrion golems, something about building more offensive rather than defensive, could someone enlighten me?

The Primordial chain is excellent for Stone golems. It is terrible for Carrion Golems. So start with one and run Stone, then when you build up enough currency you can afford the gear for Carrions - which is quite an investment - drop the Primordial Chain for a +2 gems amulet, recolour your helm and chest, and enjoy ridiculous clear and single target speed.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

The Primordial chain is excellent for Stone golems. It is terrible for Carrion Golems. So start with one and run Stone, then when you build up enough currency you can afford the gear for Carrions - which is quite an investment - drop the Primordial Chain for a +2 gems amulet, recolour your helm and chest, and enjoy ridiculous clear and single target speed.

Ok so level with stone golem and chain, got it.
Regarding the +2 amulet, does it HAVE to be +2? Because to get a +2 with high life is just, not possible for me I dont think. I can either get a +1 with high life or a +2 with crap else mods basically

And also, why exactly isnt the neck good with carrion golems, I dont quite understand im afraid

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not looking for some insane clear speed, I just like to get most of the mobs out of legion and blight etc, and while leveling, stone golems seem a little bit... wonky?
Last edited by Chridian on Nov 2, 2020, 8:27:50 AM
"
Chridian wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Ok so level with stone golem and chain, got it.
Regarding the +2 amulet, does it HAVE to be +2? Because to get a +2 with high life is just, not possible for me I dont think. I can either get a +1 with high life or a +2 with crap else mods basically

And also, why exactly isnt the neck good with carrion golems, I dont quite understand im afraid

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not looking for some insane clear speed, I just like to get most of the mobs out of legion and blight etc, and while leveling, stone golems seem a little bit... wonky?

+2 amulet is in no way required for carrion golems. Almost all gear in this build simply provides marginal improvement.

That said, Stone Golems are great with the Primordial Chain and enough Harmony Jewels. The are very wonky if you lack the primordial chain and do not have enough harmony jewels to reduce the cooldown of the stone golem slam ability.

The basic setup of 1 Anima, 1 Might, 5-6 Harmonies and 1-2 Eminence, along with Primordial Chain & 2 CIPs is plenty for all end-game content. That said, there is no doubt that the carrion golem build is stronger, but it is also more expensive all around.

Just to clarify here - I have played POE for a long time but never played a pet build. My first pet build was last season after a multiple year hiatus from POE. I was blown away by the Stone Golem build in this thread. It was very fun and powerful, especially compared to most melee builds. After I started to get the hang of things, I started to experiment and eventually migrated to the carrion golem build and further tweaked things for my liking. Overall, the Stone Golem build is very, very solid. You will love it, I think.
Last edited by ArchAngelGabe777 on Nov 2, 2020, 10:13:27 AM
Yeah I'm starting to get more and more jewels and I can notice the improvements with every one more or less so, it doesnt feel as clunky and wonky anymore.
Moving into cluster territory atm so should be fairly nice onwards
"
Ty for the quick and perfect reply.

I die the same one shot also with 85% chaos res and divine flesh, so i think i go back for dps.

That was my finding as well. I did decide, about a week ago, to push to 100, so I did fortify as much as possible, but once I hit 100, I'll likely swntch back to full DPS and drop my health down to 4K or so. I chose the long slow road to 100, too... So, no Chayulas Rota, just straight up T15 an T16 mapping and farmin Alva and Betryal. Almost there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info