Why you pay so much money?

"
boostermanni wrote:
Hi folks!

I just follow this game since a few weeks and I registered me in the past days, because I got a very interesting question to all the people they pay too much money in my opinion.
I'm old enough to pay my own bills, so don't think about to tell me I'm a kid. ^_~

The fact is:
I can understand to pay for a game which is NOT in beta!
I can not understand to pay for a game which is IN beta!
BUT I can follow some moods of gamerZ they wanna play now and not in a few months, so the option for 10 USD seems ok for some people.
Maybe 15 USD, too, because of the o.s.t.!

But all other options are pure insane to me, especially 100, 250 and 1000 USD!

There are people (seems w/o real life, but where from is the money then?) they paid 1000 USD....
Just pure nutty insanity!
You get not really much for it and if beta closed you experienced a char-whipe.

The question is:
So the question is to all the people out there who have paid more than 100 USD:

Why you pay so much money in it and what do you expect from that?

Thx!

P.s.: Of course you can write where you get the money from, BUT that's a free option!

Epic troll thread.
Well, I wasn't sure, but now you're here, FTE, I cannot help but agree.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
@OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw
Last edited by pigsRflying on Apr 16, 2012, 2:35:34 AM
"
Silty wrote:
If I had $1000 to burn and strong belief in the company, I'd rather buy stock than a supporter pack.

The only time you support a company by buying their stock is when the company issues new stocks. After that, if/when you buy stock the company has to support you. (dividends, increased value which increase the demand for the stock)

If your goal is to support a small company, you either choose to buy/use their products, talk about it to their friends and/or donate money.
--== Enjoying the game ==--
buy $1000 in stock!? oh what a great revenue u´ll get from that...
"
boostermanni wrote:
Hi folks!

I just follow this game since a few weeks and I registered me in the past days, because I got a very interesting question to all the people they pay too much money in my opinion.
I'm old enough to pay my own bills, so don't think about to tell me I'm a kid. ^_~

The fact is:
BUT I can follow some moods of gamerZ they wanna play now and not in a few months, so the option for 10 USD seems ok for some people.

There are people (seems w/o real life, but where from is the money then?) they paid 1000 USD....

The question is:

Thx!

P.s.: Of course you can write where you get the money from, BUT that's a free option!

Ill never figure it out really. Why people care about how others spend their money. O.O
"
Cr4shtest wrote:
"
boostermanni wrote:
Hi folks!

The fact is:

The question is:

Thx!

Ill never figure it out really. Why people care about how others spend their money. O.O

Care? Not at all. The operative principle here is to judge how others spend their money. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Silty wrote:
If I had $1000 to burn and strong belief in the company, I'd rather buy stock than a supporter pack.

Should artists sell stock in themselves? Would that improve art? How about musicians?

Now think about the shareholders telling the artists and musicians what they are and are not allowed to make or perform. Does this improve the product or ruin it?

Stocks should be bought and sold when a company makes toilet paper, not entertainment or art.

Also, in the corporate world the majority of holders (INCLUDING THE COMPANY ITSELF, OR ITS HOLDING COMPANY.) do not infact care about the success of a company anymore, they instead care about the volatility of the company in order to buy and sell and predict the outcome. You can also short sell a stock which makes profit when the stock goes down.

Stocks are a financial institution to gamble on a part of an asset and provide money in exchange for ownership not a way to improve said asset.
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Apr 16, 2012, 4:01:30 PM
I think it's silly to pass judgment on how people choose to spend their money. When you consider all the ways people can end up wasting it (gambling, pyramid schemes, drugs/alcohol addictions, etc.) I would personally say people gathering to support a small development team that has proven that they can make a professional-looking and feeling game in a genre that has had very few alternatives and deliver in the gameplay department is a much better spending of currency and shows devotion to the product.

So, what's my excuse? I'm a poor university student that due to current situations cannot afford to be a little more hedonistic with my limited funds.
No matter how you guys try to justify it:

SPENDING $1000 ON A BETA FOR A UNIQUE ITEM IN THE FINAL GAME IS STUPID AS HELL.

That is all.

Don't reply, say nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info