[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

Hello.
I have almost the same gear as you posted.
Except the bow (I'm trying to get currency to craft it) and expensive as hell watchers eye.
I'm having some problems getting to higher lvls. Maybe I'm just not as good in playing it, but I think I need some more Energy shield or other survival mechanic.
Currently I'm sitting at 7.559 ES. Yeah, damage is good (except bosses, but I'll get that bow sooner or later), but survi is not. On T14 maps I need to be really focused to not accidentaly die and loose my lvl progress.

And one more thing.
I thing that on the endgame bathed breath will need a change for some flat ES belt, but not sure hwhat else you can have on the belt (I have capped all resistances). Is it possible to have some more chaos damage on generic belts? Maybe stigian vise with high flat ES?
Since your build has a lot of %increased energy shield I think that having a belt with at least 100 flat ES would be better, but we loose like 5-6% tooltip dmg from malevolence increased effect.
Last edited by 5484789 on Oct 13, 2020, 2:45:35 PM
I created a video guide for the Path of Exile Trade website for new players, it has been added in the guide post in the "Video" spoiler tab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxQ8l19N9Vg

"
5484789 wrote:
I'm having some problems getting to higher lvls. Maybe I'm just not as good in playing it, but I think I need some more Energy shield or other survival mechanic.

Since your build has a lot of %increased energy shield I think that having a belt with at least 100 flat ES would be better
Hey! So sometimes it can be tricky because it is not a tanky build, so there is not much survival other than not getting hit by monsters and killing everything quickly, so playing right is definitely a huge factor. I would say the bow helps sooo much, but it is the 2nd to last upgrade to get other than Empower 4. It is super expensive, but worth the investment.

Are you using all the correct flasks and do you have the Essence Drain 21 and Empower 3 already?
I would say a crystal belt. The only way to get Chaos damage on a belt I believe is through fossil or essence crafting.
I have an example of a crystal belt located under "Budget Gearing Before Low Life" and the "Expensive" section, check that out but there's not any listings, however it's not really that much of a difference if I am being honest. Check standard if there are none on Heist to look at some examples.
The only other options would be:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/jgdJw9dhX: Lose defenses and get massive damage output, or just the plain Bated Breath because of how much defense it gives us already even compared to a 100 Energy Shield Belt, it also gives us Energy shield recharge rate which is amazing with Essence Drain.
"
Havoc209 wrote:
[Bated breath] also gives us Energy shield recharge rate which is amazing with Essence Drain.

That'd be recovery rate. Recharge rate does not buff essence drain's regeneration. Point still stands for the strength of bated breath tho, it's a real good belt
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I have Empower 3 and Essence drain only 20/23.

With Bated Breath I have tooltip dps 430,701k, without 410,907k
So Bated breath gives me 4,5% more damage.
I also googled that Essence Drain counts as life regeneration. And since we use Zealoth's Oath it is energy shield regeneration and not recharge.

At my current point A belt with +150 ES would give me more total energy shield than Bated Breath, but then again I'm loosing 4,5%dps and I have already capped my resistances, so changing the belt would mean I need to change rings as well...

Minmaxing the build is hard and expensive. I mean, just look at those guys on ninja with over 10k ES.
Also: Don't you need Arcane Vision?
"
5484789 wrote:
Keep in mind if you find light radius too small and don't have a passive point, you can craft this on a ring for 4c.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
That'd be recovery rate. Recharge rate does not buff essence drain's regeneration. Point still stands for the strength of bated breath tho, it's a real good belt
Hey, I did not mean it works with the Essence Drain recharge, I meant in general it is great with this Essence Drain build, maybe I should have specified that!

Actually, to be honest, now that I think about it more, the regen with how much Regen we already have with Essence Drain is almost pointless.
It WOULD be great if there is no monsters nearby since we cannot regen and there if there is either poison or some damaging effect on the ground or on us.
"
5484789 wrote:
With Bated Breath I have tooltip dps 430,701k, without 410,907k
So Bated breath gives me 4,5% more damage.
I also googled that Essence Drain counts as life regeneration. And since we use Zealoth's Oath it is energy shield regeneration and not recharge.
Well tooltip DPS doesn't always calculate the correct dps that it would give you.
When you calculate DPS in Path of Building, sometimes damage changes higher up because of how much percentages actually matter, and the tooltip doesn't calculate everything like Path of Building does.

The reason people on PoE ninja have over 10K ES is it seems like they are just maximizing their energy shield and defensives for I believe the Heist content, as most of them look like they are max block and phase acrobatics.
This would be really great for Heisting honestly, however the only downfall would be that bossing wouldn't really be as optimal, but it definitely a safer playstyle.
"
5484789 wrote:
No actually I do not believe Arcane Vision is necessary, it is definitely a quality of life / nicer looking option for sure.
The ONLY Reason I take it in my talents, is because I stream and I would like it to look nicer on the eyes for the few others that do watch

That being said, you can definitely remove a random talent point and take it if that is what you prefer
Last edited by Havoc209 on Oct 16, 2020, 9:49:05 AM
Hi Havoc, amatuer at crafting here. So I have bow with these 3 modifiers:

+37 to Dexterity (Suffix)
+34% to Damage over Time Multiplier (Suffix)
Adds 18 to 29 Cold Damage (Prefix)

Did i mess up? Going by the books I should use the beast craft to convert the prefix to suffix yes?
"
AnEncounter wrote:

Did i mess up? Going by the books I should use the beast craft to convert the prefix to suffix yes?
Hey
So you are at kind of a rough part to be honest, you got a little unlucky by having one too many stats on the item. You need to have 3 OPEN Prefixes in total, and 1 Open suffix BEFORE Crafting "Cannot roll attack modifiers"

So what you are going right now: is to have to do is use an Orb of Annulment, and pray to the Path of Exile LORDS that you don't remove the Damage over time multiplier craft on the bow.

If you remove the damage over time multiplier craft, you will need to start over until you get Damage over Time Multiplier again.
If you remove ANY other craft, you will be set!

If you remove the Suffix, you can craft: "Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers"
and you should be able to follow the guide from there, if you have any or need help let me know!
"
AnEncounter wrote:

You have 2 options:

- cheap but RNG - annul it
You either:
1. annul dot multi and have to scour & restart
2. annul dex and use the beast to remove prefix
3. annul cold damage and you're good to continue

- expensive - craft "suffixes cannot be changed" and scour
This costs 2ex but 100% gets rid of prefix with no gamble

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info