[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
emss05 wrote:
This is my first character where i go further end game, anyone can put me on right path on what to upgrade first now? Or if i have something wrong
Hi!
It looks like you need ONE more "mana reduction" passive skill to be able to use all of your auras and then you are set!

Everything looks fantastic other than I would say your Chaos Resistance.
Since you have a Presence of Chayula, you can respec your Ascendancy (Which will take 5 respec points PER ascendancy point, so 10 refund points overall) to "Swift Killer," and remove "Escape Artist"

The next steps I would say would be to buy an Essence Drain level 21, and an Empower level 3, and then maybe some better Energy Shield gear to try to get around 7000-8000 ES (ES = Energy Shield)

After this, I would say the BIGGEST upgrade for you, would be the expensive bow which costs around 5-8 Exalted Orbs, and then after you upgrade this, an Empower 4 would be ideal.

Totally forgot about respecing ascendancy. Alright, thank you, atleast i know what to do further. And yeah can't use discipline+flesh and stone at the moment
Hello! First of all, really enjoyed this guide so far. Thank you for that havoc. Also appreciate you being so interactive with the replies in this thread, so I'm gonna be posting my rather newbie question as well.

I just started to try to craft the endgame bow so I started by spamming alts on the Bow. Now after not too many tries I've hit +1 to Gems and T1 DoT. Craft of Exile tells me this outcome is like 0.007% so I'm kinda scared to screw it up. Now what does my next step have to be? Just regal it and hope it doesn't hit a prefix? If it does, do the beast prefix to suffix and hope it doesn't hit the good ones?

Maybe I'm just stupid but I'd really appreciate some input of more experienced crafters.

Thank you!
"
GandalfOnAcid wrote:
I just started to try to craft the endgame bow so I started by spamming alts on the Bow. Now after not too many tries I've hit +1 to Gems and T1 DoT. Craft of Exile tells me this outcome is like 0.007% so I'm kinda scared to screw it up. Now what does my next step have to be? Just regal it and hope it doesn't hit a prefix? If it does, do the beast prefix to suffix and hope it doesn't hit the good ones?

Maybe I'm just stupid but I'd really appreciate some input of more experienced crafters.
Wow! That is some really good luck.

First of all, I would never call yourself stupid, especially if you are new to the game and crafting.

So actually, you could technically buy an "imprint" beast and you can imprint the item before doing anything to revert the bow to how it is now if it messes up, but it costs around 30 Chaos. The imprint beast I believe is this one here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/mvJZnaH6

The next step would be to Regal the bow, and yes you are correct, hope you do not roll a Prefix on the it, and yes you want to roll a Suffix on it.

So far you have 1 Prefix, and 1 Suffix.
So regaling will make it add one of those two
Hope it is a suffix, doesn't matter what it is
If it hits a prefix, you need to use an Orb of Annulment, and then if it fails you need to use imprint beast before messing the bow up and reset.
The only way this is a waste is if you randomly annul the "Damage over time multiplier" mod on the bow.
If you remove the +1 level of socketed gems, that is just going to cost you 2 exalted orbs to do it again, and if you remove the random prefix, that is what we are hoping for.

After doing this if successful you will either craft or have someone else craft "can have multiple crafted mods" which costs: 2 exalted orbs
+2 level of support gems which costs: 2 exalted orbs
36-40% chaos damage over time multiplier which costs: 4 chaos

If you are NOT successful with the first Orb of Annulment, and you remove the +1 level of gems, you will need use another Orb of Annulment, and hopefully this time remove the Prefix, if you remove the Damage over Time Multiplier, you will need to start over with the Orb of Alteration process.
If you do end up removing the +1 level of gems you will need to craft "This item cannot roll attack mods" which costs: 1 exalted orb, and then you will slam (use an exalted orb) onto the bow to get the mod "+1 level of socketed gems" which is a raw exalted orb so the cost is: 1 exalted orb.

I hope this all makes sense.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Oct 9, 2020, 5:43:58 PM
THANKYOU so much for this guide its so in depth and useful the trade links are so useful this is the first time ive managed to get to mapping and actually do trading thanks to your links youve really halped a newbie get into the game
Hello OP. Hopefully you or someone can answer this, first off thanks for the build. I am currently following the Ultimate ED Trickster unkillable guide. I was thinking of re-rolling but that isn't going very well, so now I am considering switching over to your build to see how differently it plays. What would you say are the main differences? How does your version handle tankiness?
Is it normal to get one-shot by Porcupine Goliath spines? I'm sitting on 7k ES LL and getting hit by even one of those take a huge chunk off my ES
Last edited by AnEncounter on Oct 10, 2020, 12:18:45 AM
"
Novathena wrote:
THANKYOU so much for this guide its so in depth and useful the trade links are so useful this is the first time ive managed to get to mapping and actually do trading thanks to your links youve really halped a newbie get into the game
Hi! Thank you! If you have any questions don't be shy! I stream and answer questions often so feel free to ask anytime!
"
The_Fatness wrote:
Hello OP. Hopefully you or someone can answer this, first off thanks for the build. I am currently following the Ultimate ED Trickster unkillable guide. I was thinking of re-rolling but that isn't going very well, so now I am considering switching over to your build to see how differently it plays. What would you say are the main differences? How does your version handle tankiness?
Hi! This build doesn't have really any survivability other than killing things quickly with high damage output and dodging things. It does have max evade chance with the Jade flask active.
It's hard, I can't say which build is better.. It just depends on your preference.
Do you want to be able to kill bosses at a reasonable pace and progress quickly with the possibility of dying often if you mess up?
Or do you want to be unkillable and go for level 100 easily?

The unkillable version might be insanely good for Heists
For the low life build, at first I was scared going into Heists, but I just need to pay attention to the area around me so I don't get lazer beamed and get 1 shot.
"
AnEncounter wrote:
Is it normal to get one-shot by Porcupine Goliath spines? I'm sitting on 7k ES LL and getting hit by even one of those take a huge chunk off my ES
Hi! Yes, you actually need to watch the way you play with porcupines sometimes.
These things are very tricky, sometimes you need to send your moves and hide behind a corner, or run away from the spikes.
If you kill them all at the same time you are bound to die if you are close; however if you spread the contagion just right, it is not a problem, it just takes some practice around these annoying monsters.
"
Hi! I just looked at your talent tree, and it looks like you have some points you can remove! It also looks like you need your Uber Lab done.

I recommend getting Tranquility on your amulet, capping your chaos resistance, or getting Aspect of the Spider next.

Hey thanks! Yea, I've not played that much these days, but slowly working on all of those.

Uber Lab done, and now to rework the tree and get some new boots/Aspect of the Spider.
Last edited by EduBeJaPra on Oct 10, 2020, 2:18:53 PM
Hello hope everything is well. quick question. I've gotten pretty far on the low life build. Coming up to a8 soon. just wondering is it better to change the baited breath out for a stygain vise/ some other belt or should I just keep the bated breath? My res are all cap but not overcapped by much kind mid %80s. Just curious to know if better belts are out there or is baited breath is still the best to use. Thanks for any help!
"
EduBeJaPra wrote:
Uber Lab done, and now to rework the tree and get some new boots/Aspect of the Spider.
Hello! Just checked you again! When you can, switch your Ascendancy points from "Escape Artist" to "Swift Killer" since you have Presence of Chayula now!
This will give you a bit more damage.
"
Khaos1394 wrote:
Hello hope everything is well. quick question. I've gotten pretty far on the low life build. Coming up to a8 soon. just wondering is it better to change the baited breath out for a stygain vise/ some other belt or should I just keep the bated breath? My res are all cap but not overcapped by much kind mid %80s. Just curious to know if better belts are out there or is baited breath is still the best to use. Thanks for any help!
Hi! Honestly, I would just keep the bated breath. The amount a bated breath helps us out is insane.
It gives us a ton of defensives from having high Energy Shield, and the Energy Shield Recharge rate, with a little bit of offensive if you get the Malevolence aura effect, the belt is actually insane.

The only other thing I would say if you can afford it, (very expensive) would be to get a double corrupted String of Servitude belt with Malevolence Aura % and Zealotry Aura like 40%+ each aura effect, you would lose a ton of defensives, however gain a bit of a DPS increase.
Other than that, you could get a rare crystal belt that is way more expensive under from "Budget Gearing Before Low Life" - the "Expensive Gear" section - there's a "Belt" link there, however; there is none listed currently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info