[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Padapwet wrote:
Hey Havoc, Thanks for this build and amazing guide. I have started this league with another ED build but it felt slow and didnt get the same dps. After testing so many builds, during this league, claiming doing some stuff but even with a better gear i was not even close to what they were claiming, it's a real pleasure to play a build like this. Now i'm using your LL build and it feels so good (feels a bit squishy sometimes but it's ok).

Can you just look at my tree if i need to change something (not sure if im going in the right path)?

What should i upgrade next? (I know i need some better gems in other links but im lazy to buy them atm ^^')

Thanks again.

which guide you used?
Hello. what should i change in my build? Unfortunately, I die quite often :(
Is anyone able to view my character (TrickyShots) profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I followed the guide very strictly in terms of gears but I find myself dying very quickly with the low life set up. I actually die faster than when I was using my previous non-low life budget set up.
"
Point72 wrote:
Is anyone able to view my character (TrickyShots) profile
Nop, you need to un-hide it from the settings first.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Point72 wrote:
Is anyone able to view my character (TrickyShots) profile
Nop, you need to un-hide it from the settings first.

Should be public now. Would appreciate if anyone can comment. I'm like a glass cannon right and die way too easily compared to when I was using my budget gears before without low-life set up. I have full resistance and pretty solid gears too.
"
woda1992 wrote:
Hi
Have you tried capping your chaos resistance?

This won't help a WHOLE whole lot, but it will give you the most possible defensives you can have.

The build is not tanky, as there is no defensives other than evading most attacks while life draining the damage you take instantly making it one of the quickest mapping builds in the game, and still do fine for bossing, just don't get hit by the slams or hard hits.

Try switching out your Ascendancy, Escape Artist for Swift Killer, this won't be any survivability but a huge increase in damage.
"
Point72 wrote:
Is anyone able to view my character (TrickyShots) profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I followed the guide very strictly in terms of gears but I find myself dying very quickly with the low life set up. I actually die faster than when I was using my previous non-low life budget set up.
Hi
As I was stating above it is not a tanky build, it is a face paced build with not many defensives.
You need an Essence Drain level 21 Gem for sure.
Also grab an Empower 4 if you can afford it.

Try to get some more energy shield, around 7-8k and you will be a little more comfortable with not always dying.
It looks like some of your flasks can be switched up, try switching some up, also get the talent Unnatural Calm.
Annoint Tranquility on your amulet

Other than these, just the playstyle might be different than what you are used to. Think of yourself as a very squishy caster, but you have a blast that can wipe out anything and everything that comes near it with the Contagion, Essence Drain combo.
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
woda1992 wrote:
Hi
Have you tried capping your chaos resistance?

This won't help a WHOLE whole lot, but it will give you the most possible defensives you can have.

The build is not tanky, as there is no defensives other than evading most attacks while life draining the damage you take instantly making it one of the quickest mapping builds in the game, and still do fine for bossing, just don't get hit by the slams or hard hits.

Try switching out your Ascendancy, Escape Artist for Swift Killer, this won't be any survivability but a huge increase in damage.
"
Point72 wrote:

Hi
As I was stating above it is not a tanky build, it is a face paced build with not many defensives.
You need an Essence Drain level 21 Gem for sure.
Also grab an Empower 4 if you can afford it.

Try to get some more energy shield, around 7-8k and you will be a little more comfortable with not always dying.
It looks like some of your flasks can be switched up, try switching some up, also get the talent Unnatural Calm.
Annoint Tranquility on your amulet

Other than these, just the playstyle might be different than what you are used to. Think of yourself as a very squishy caster, but you have a blast that can wipe out anything and everything that comes near it with the Contagion, Essence Drain combo.

I added Unnatural Calm and also anointed Tranquility on my amulet. I do have 7-8k energy shield now but still gets one hit kill like there is no tomorrow. I certainly appreciate the damage this build has but I must admit the defense is extremely poor especially considering the items I have given to this character are pretty top-notch.
Ok, I'm gonna have to say I have done everything I possibly can with the low life set up. Unless there is something I have done critically wrong that has entirely messed up this character, this build is almost unplayable as everywhere I go I die instantly. I regret not following the other guide that puts more emphasis on life.
"
Point72 wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna have to say I have done everything I possibly can with the low life set up. Unless there is something I have done critically wrong that has entirely messed up this character, this build is almost unplayable as everywhere I go I die instantly. I regret not following the other guide that puts more emphasis on life.

Hi. I may be the creator of the build you're referring.

I'm just here to say that if you're getting oneshot (or feel like it) with 7-8k ehp, even on an otherwise squishy build, the problem most likely does not reside in your gear or setup. A 8k lowlife caster with good regen and a bit of mitigation is not particularly on the squishy side of builds in softcore.
While there are a few builds that are insanely tanky in the game (replica dreamfeather, aurastacking, specific guardian setups...), most of the characters you play will get obliterated.

This mostly has to do with playstyle. The first thing to learn to die less on any characters is mechanical damage avoidance.
You need to be able to recognize a metamorph that will detonate on death, read strongboxes for DDs fast enough, predict haku's slams when you see him in a betrayal encounter, step aside when a ghost could be a martyr, recognize the black bombs near abyss encounters...
This is often underestimated, but is by FAR the #1 think that keeps you alive when you play, not your build.

Secondly, you need to be able to know at any point which content you can handle and which you cannot.
How many mods can you handle on your t16s? Can you add damaging sextants on top and still be fine? Can X or Y rare monster mod be dangerous to your current setup? Do you have the damage to take on a specific endgame encounter?
This not only comes along playing a build for a long time, but is also learnt by just playing the game. You're not alone getting oneshot all the time, it's part of the game.

If you look at my death counter, you'll see that I often have 500+ deaths per league. Despite playing my own build and claiming it's "unkillable". Isn't there clearly something wrong here?
Well, not really. If you throw yourself at the hardest content you can handle repeatedly, you'll die repeatedly. I've won a demigods in mayhem hardcore as raider. My build sure was tanky, but I mostly just played safe by never doing content I wasn't sure I couldn't do.
It's up to you to know what your goal is in the game. Staying alive at all costs, or pushing your limits and accepting death every time you slip too far. PoE is all about risks vs Rewards.

Anyways. Don't be saddened you didn't pick an other setup, you'd be in the same situation, no matter what you'd have picked.
If you want to increase your success rate, you should double your rate of failure. The rest is on you.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
This mostly has to do with playstyle. The first thing to learn to die less on any characters is mechanical damage avoidance.
You need to be able to recognize a metamorph that will detonate on death, read strongboxes for DDs fast enough, predict haku's slams when you see him in a betrayal encounter, step aside when a ghost could be a martyr, recognize the black bombs near abyss encounters...
This is often underestimated, but is by FAR the #1 think that keeps you alive when you play, not your build.

You just reminded me of this flashback highlight....
https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusSpeedyTea4Head?tt_content=url&tt_medium=clips_api

(I didn't even know this was a thing.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info