[3.11] Poison BV Explosion Assassin - Super Speedy Mapper

So from what I remember from last league getting an explodey chest is pretty expensive, especially if you want to 6 link it.

Is this particular build fine on a tabula? Or would you say I should follow a different Poison BV build until I get an exploder chest and then switch to this one?
"
projectoffset wrote:
So from what I remember from last league getting an explodey chest is pretty expensive, especially if you want to 6 link it.

Is this particular build fine on a tabula? Or would you say I should follow a different Poison BV build until I get an exploder chest and then switch to this one?

I tested it and it's fine to get explosions from dual Obliteration wands. That still feels much better than using Poison prolif with a Bino's or just no prolif/explosion at all.

If you get an explodey chest, I would totally use it 5 linked. The main mapping damage comes from Plaguebearer and explosions. A 6link isn't that important.
Is this build suitable for a beginner?
"
Xarda_ wrote:
Is this build suitable for a beginner?

I don't think it's the best build to learn the game. And it might take you a long time to acquire an explosion chest.

I would recommend you something that is very basic to setup, so you don't get frustrated early because something doesn't work out.

This game is very deep, there is so much to learn, even if you played 1000+ hours.

I actually think a totem build is a very good beginner build. You can learn boss mechanics and focus on your positioning while your totem still do damage. This is a very good guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2685450

But you absolutely should choose something that seems fun for you. Good luck :).
Last edited by VisorX on Jun 18, 2020, 7:19:52 PM
Hi!

First off, very nice build, i lvl'd with it and enjoyed it. I have played a few leagues now and wanted to try poison build. However, on the skilltree i'm a bit confused as to which tree i should go after? I've done the early mapping one so far, but dno which tree to look at for my next 20-25 lvls
"
KroNoZz wrote:
Hi!

First off, very nice build, i lvl'd with it and enjoyed it. I have played a few leagues now and wanted to try poison build. However, on the skilltree i'm a bit confused as to which tree i should go after? I've done the early mapping one so far, but dno which tree to look at for my next 20-25 lvls

Great you are having fun :).

The standard tree is called "lvl 93 without whispers". Whispers of Doom is to apply an additional curse. If you are able to apply both curses, you can respecc into that node (like if you can get double curse on hit gloves).
So going from the early mapping tree, you are essentially just getting a bunch of life nodes.

The cluster jewel trees are only relevant much later. Especially since they made cluster jewels harder roll now, they should be one of the last things you invest into (its better to have no cluster jewels than bad ones). The build works perfectly fine without (in fact I first played it without the league before).

I just realized they moved the "Overcharged" notable. This was not in the tree that was available before the launch. Overcharged is very important for us, so that's very upsetting. The best solution is probably to get the mod from an amulet now (it's on Shaper and Hunter bases). Alternative would be to take the "lower tree" that has no AoE. But that would rely on cluster jewels and those are hard to get now.
How do i sustain mana? i have so little
"
KroNoZz wrote:

Mana Regeneration and "Non-channeling skills use reduced Mana craft". Especially one of the latter, that already could be enough. Also casting BV when you got full unleash stacks saves time and mana.

If you don't have the gear yet, it's fine to use a Mana flask. Make sure you get the enduring mod on it.
"
VisorX wrote:
"
KroNoZz wrote:

Mana Regeneration and "Non-channeling skills use reduced Mana craft". Especially one of the latter, that already could be enough. Also casting BV when you got full unleash stacks saves time and mana.

If you don't have the gear yet, it's fine to use a Mana flask. Make sure you get the enduring mod on it.

Well its more the fact that i end up reserving all my mana, just by using Herald of agony, Malovelence and Despair. Any tips on how to not reserve all my mana? Cause i wanna run all the auras, but if i lose all my mana, i dont have mana to cast my abilities
The endgame setup runs Flesh and Stone instead of Despair aura (which you want as curse on hit). So that's 10% less reservation.

Still you would either need an Enlighten lvl4 gem or a helmet with mana reservation enchant (usually easier to get).

Until you have curse on hit and mana reservation sorted out, just run Despair+Agony+Flesh and Stone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info