Arctic Armour

I understand to a point the mechanics behind not having Arctic Armor stay active after loading a new area, however I think it would make sense from a "quality of life" point of view to have it stay active across areas.

Add a 1 mana reserve cost if you must, but surely something can be done. I saw a discussion earlier that it would drain all your mana before you enter the next area, but this makes no sense if your mana regeneration outshines the mana drain.

This is one of those really easy QoL implementations that should have been added long ago.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Zedda wrote:

This is one of those really easy QoL implementations that should have been added long ago.

Currently leveling an AA char again, I came here to say basically the same thing.

Seeing those new herald buffs all persist through zones while AA still has to be toggled on every time makes me sad.

Surely if some players run out of mana they can be expected to toggle it off before zoning rather than inconveniencing everyone else?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
God Day!

Small feedback about AA's footprints on Ice-Patch Maps

I have AA on lvl 18. I play a ranged witch. The ice footprints of AA last very long on that level. When you play Maps with: "Area has patches of chilled ground" it is very annoying because you are always confusing the enemy's chilled ground effect with your arctic armour chilled ground effect. And you want to not try going into that. There are several occasions when they overlap and it becomes an issue, for instance when you want to kite a little. That's why in my opinion it is a design flaw, you should be able to differentiate them.

By the way: I already tried a microtransaction: Storm Cloud Arctic Armour but it doesn't change the footprints, unfortunately.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 27, 2014, 12:49:08 PM
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:

Currently leveling an AA char again, I came here to say basically the same thing.

Seeing those new herald buffs all persist through zones while AA still has to be toggled on every time makes me sad.

Surely if some players run out of mana they can be expected to toggle it off before zoning rather than inconveniencing everyone else?

I concur. It would be nice if it stayed active all the time.
Please fix the sound on this, driving me insane. Perhaps play sound for 10 seconds on activate or something.
I'm making my first AA character, an EB and MOM crit MF archer.

Cant wait to be able to maintain it permanently, I cant atm cis I still need a resist aura instead of clarity.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Avelice wrote:
Please let this skill stay on when moving from area to area.
It would use up most of your mana at loading screens. It's actually much better, from a usability perspective, for it to be recast in the new area once your client has loaded everything.

In addition, while buffs/auras can be transferred, skills-in-progress can't, and that's what's causing the ground ice - the skill you cast hangs around you and actively drops ice every few milliseconds.

not even corrupted lvl 21 and just a lvl 1 empower, no inner force or athleticism and already insane damage

pls nerf aa
Beyond league.
Eh

I like saving on 3 sockets, means I can have skele totem or lightning warp. Way better than your extra level or puny resists. Level 25 gives 295 damage reduction by the way, with buff passives that's 371. This skill scales insane past level 20.

That said voideye is a legacy unique, and this is probably why. Hehe.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Oct 27, 2014, 3:44:20 PM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Eh

I like saving on 3 sockets, means I can have skele totem or lightning warp. Way better than your extra level or puny resists. Level 25 gives 295 damage reduction by the way, with buff passives that's 371. This skill scales insane past level 20.

His will be lvl 26 once his AA is 20 and he picks up an empower lvl 3....
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Eh

His will be lvl 26 once his AA is 20 and he picks up an empower lvl 3....

Which is why I said I prefer 3 sockets over 1 extra level.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info