Arctic Armour

"
silumit wrote:
I'm sure this was answered somewhere but anyway: why does my mana dither constantly while AA is in effect and the character is running? Mana regen is definitely higher than mana drain, it just goes back and forth between maxmana and (maxmana-5). BTW it stays still while the char stays still.
And another strange effect when mana drain while moving is higher than regen: when char is moving along some wall it seems that AA drains less mana - it is almost like char's movement is being interrupted periodically for a moment allowing him to regen mana while "standing still". Although the client shows that he moves all the time.
It flickers back and forth because your regen and degen are close enough while running that you can see the flicker while they tick.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
AA need a nerf
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
AA need a nerf

No it doesn't AA is way over rated.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Arctic Armour is awesome and a great defensive skill. It's current state is fine and GGG shouldn't do anything about it. It suits spell casters and probably some ranged characters more as they tend to have more mana+ mana regen. With carefully considered passive nodes u can use it an awesome defensive skill for melee characters as well.

My level 80 reave duelist is using lvl 20 arctic armour and i can state it's end game viable.

My build link:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1029960

cheers all.
Last edited by archzin on Sep 2, 2014, 7:07:24 AM
"
"
Malone wrote:
AA need a nerf

No it doesn't AA is way over rated.

There is nothing overrated about 189 fire and 189 physical damage reduction atleast...
Just a short question. the mana costs when moving are the "manacosts when moving + mana costs sustaining AA" ? because my tooltip says I have 150 mana / sec and AA costs 137,5 mana / sec when moving. Yet my mana slowly goes down when moving.

I guess its moving costs + standing costs.

anyone can confirm this?

edit:

just saw on the wiki that inner force also increases the mana costs of the moving part, but it is not shown in the tool tip, yes?

Last edited by Mephos on Sep 14, 2014, 2:28:33 PM
The description explicitly mentions it's additional Mana drain while moving, so yes, you need to count both values.

IF does not show on the tooltip.
I noticed that this is a "duration gem" ... however I fail to see how the supports "increased/reduced duration" have any effect?

Can someone please help me out on this?
"
Gryphyn wrote:
I noticed that this is a "duration gem" ... however I fail to see how the supports "increased/reduced duration" have any effect?

The ground ice it leaves has a duration, which can be increased or reduced.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Gryphyn wrote:

The ground ice it leaves has a duration, which can be increased or reduced.

Arctic armor - Empower - Something...

Guess Ill save for a +2cold wand and keep it in that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info