Arctic Armour

"
what sucks is having to turn it on EVERY time you are in a new zone... wtf.
That's because it functions as a toggle buff, in the same manner as Tempest Shield.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
That's because it functions as a toggle buff, in the same manner as Tempest Shield.

How come I don't have to activate Tempest Shield whenever I switch zones?
I dont know wether this has been stated before, but Arctic Armour is one of the best gems to insert into Voideye. You dont waste a socket in other gear and the reduction skyrockets in case of a lvl 18 gem by roughly 64,9% while the increase in mana cost is only 22,1%.

The absorption @ lvl23 is 254, wich is enough to absorb the complete average damage of a lvl 55 mob. It is enough to absorb 50% of the avg lvl 69 hit, more if you happen to have some Armour/Endurance Charges.

AA is a great skill, the mana consumption may be high, but as is the reward.
"
tehdude wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"

How come I don't have to activate Tempest Shield whenever I switch zones?
Unless they recently changed it you do.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Unless they recently changed it you do.

TS automatically recasts if you have enough Mana post-Reservation.
I have the option to increase AA from lvl 19 to lvl 24 using the void ring. I will lose 200 HP and my resistance dropped from 77 all to 77/76/76. Is it worth it to go from lvl 19 to lvl 24 with this gem?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
I have the option to increase AA from lvl 19 to lvl 24 using the void ring. I will lose 200 HP and my resistance dropped from 77 all to 77/76/76. Is it worth it to go from lvl 19 to lvl 24 with this gem?

This also depends on the type of map's monsters.
Typically, if there is a lot of lightning or cold monster in the area, I would safely assume AA is not that effective compare to other map such as map full with pdmg type mobs or fire bass hitting mob, (such as devourer, Blackguard etc)

But then you lost 200HP, it might not worth to get AA at all assuming you got high HP regen, which would instantaneously recovers your lost 200HP. This is because AA is very specific to what kind of damage it can reduce while HP does not.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
AA helps against physical and fire damage. If you have no armour i highly suggest using AA since it is so friggin good.
Aa is nice but I'd suggest a shield that has the +2 cold gems mod and an empower over using that ring. I play invasion and that ring sacrifices to much just for a few lvls to aa.

Something like this is much better imo.

You could also get a sceptre or wand with +2 cold as well. Weapons can also get +1 all gems mod but I personally like it being on the shield because you need a lot more mods on a weapon.
Last edited by Pfinch on Jun 15, 2014, 3:17:36 PM
Can i use it in a +2 cold skills wand on switch? Or will it turn off when i switch to my main weapon/shield?

Thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info