Arctic Armour

Sound effect that plays nonstop while this is active drives me insane. Remove sound fx pliz
+1 for removing sound effect. Giving me a headache
The tooltip to my Arctic Armour says it drains 130 mana per second when moving. However, it drains a LOT more than that. Seems to be about twice to three times as much. I don't even have the Inner Force notable or any of the other status buff nodes. Even with 140+ mana regeneration per second, it evaporates my mana in moments. Is this intended?
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
The tooltip to my Arctic Armour says it drains 130 mana per second when moving. However, it drains a LOT more than that. Seems to be about twice to three times as much. I don't even have the Inner Force notable or any of the other status buff nodes. Even with 140+ mana regeneration per second, it evaporates my mana in moments. Is this intended?

it drains an additional 130 mana per second while moving. That is, in addition to the mana it drains normally while standing still. If i'm right that means you have a lvl 13 AA which drains 25.5 mana/s while standing still and 25.5 + 127.8 = 153.3 mana/s while moving.

IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Hmm, if it is in addition to the standing still mana drain, then it's around 154 mana degeneration or so (I can't access PoE at this moment). That's still waaaay less than the actual amount being drained from what I can tell.

I suppose I'll have to break out a stop watch or something when I get home but it seems like it's way more degeneration rate than before the last hotfix.
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
Hmm, if it is in addition to the standing still mana drain, then it's around 154 mana degeneration or so (I can't access PoE at this moment). That's still waaaay less than the actual amount being drained from what I can tell.

I suppose I'll have to break out a stop watch or something when I get home but it seems like it's way more degeneration rate than before the last hotfix.
Do you have Inner Force/Holy Strength/Buff effect nodes in your skill tree? Mana drain from AA is considered buff effect, so it is increased by having that nodes...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
How much mana would I be looking at to run say, lvl 15 AA without clarity?

Is this even possible? Right now I can't even sustain lvl 14 with clarity.
AA sucks, the mana drain is way too high and makes it a viable defense gem for only casters.

This is how you change it:

Reduces physical and fire dmg taken as it is,
but replace the mana drain with speed penalty.

You cover yourself in a shield of ice that protects you,
the logical downside should be that you move, attack, and cast slower.

I dont have all the spreadsheets to give any exact numbers on how much it should be.
But how about you start with a flat and percentual reduction of fire and physical dmg that you take from enemies.

(gem lvl) (less phys/fire dmg taken) (phys/fire dmg reduced %) (movement/cast/attack penalty)

(1) (5) (10%) (-10%)
(2) (7) (11%) (-12%)
(3) (9) (12%) (-13%)
(18) (55) (18%) (-18%)
(19) (63) (19%) (-19%)
(20) (70) (20%) (-20%)

The more you skill this gem up, the stronger the defensive gain gets, at the cost of reduced movement/attack/cast speed, which you want to compensate by taking nodes and gear that buff those mods back to normal again.

Gemcutter quality could buff the dmg reduction 0.5 for every 1%.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:
AA sucks, the mana drain is way too high and makes it a viable defense gem for only casters.

This is how you change it:

Reduces physical and fire dmg taken as it is,
but replace the mana drain with speed penalty.

this is a bad idea it would allow builds that doesnt spend a single skill point or item afford for mana reg to run artic armor for even more defensive

the real downside of AA is its mana drain and only those who sustain this manadrain should be allowed to have the defense of AA

Your suggestion is for casters a nerf at the same time because as a caster you want keep mobility.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 17, 2014, 3:02:30 PM
"
zzang wrote:
Your suggestion is for casters a nerf at the same time because as a caster you want keep mobility.

Additionally, IAS is notably easier to stack than Cast Speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info