0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 meters - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

Worse patch ever. I am quitting effective immediately.

Yeah not sure if I'll keep playing with my friend after this change (Playing Solo instead) as it just punishes those playing either by themselves or with friends and not taking advantage of the "economy". I wouldn't consider myself casual or hardcore, more of a middle ground and it's these people that are hit the hardest. Oh well, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will soon be available to occupy me and my friends time. (It doesn't punish you for splitting up!)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 20, 2013, 5:49:21 AM
lmao i was like lmao

yes keep nerfing things without fixing things see how many players keep playing.
"
Zestro wrote:

I still won't party people due to the amount of disrespect I see in parties, I would rather solo than join any party. RNG is absolute bs even when playing with friends... play for 5+ hours, all crap drops, then an amazing item drops and it goes to one person while the other 4-5 friends feel like their time just got wasted and have slight feelings of resentfulness. It just doesn't foster good relations.

Agree.

purity +5 at 23 means that the new aura helmet doesn't help RF builds. Nice move there GGG ^^

that's the only reason for that change :)
Last edited by ighnaz on Mar 20, 2013, 5:54:56 AM
I really like the fact that you're trying to deal with the dudes ruining the economy. This keeps me playing this fabulous game.
My gear+build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273887
Awesome the speed of your patch releases, great job.

Would be cool when you introduce a lot of more skill gems :) , you are doing a good job =)
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Worse patch ever. I am quiting effective immediately.

Awwww, how sad... need a cookie?

Hahahahahaha..... One by one, the whiny casuals are leaving. YES! Best patch ever!
Please make more of these, soon we'll have only the core-crowd playing and THEN the fun can really begin!

PS. Insane speed with the patches GGG! Just awesome, you guys rock.
Last edited by mushioov on Mar 20, 2013, 6:01:22 AM
So if I have been solo farming maps this change will have no effect on me? It's just a fix for people that join 6 player games and run off and farm on there own or people that multibox?.
"
"
Chypre wrote:

The skill costs exactly the same, you are just allowed to click closer.

You need to learn to click further away when you want to travel more.........
Except that you can't ground-target the skill accurately if there's a mob in the way.

You mean, you got used to clicking really close to yourself and going 3 times as far, now you don't go as far, but rather than adjusting, you are complaining about what was a perfect fix to the skill?

What do you mean by "ground target"? I have no problem activating the skill "if there's a mob in the way". There is a problem when you click out of bounds areas that you don't move, but you shouldn't be able to click any area you can go to, even when it isn't line-of-sight and cyclone to there like you can click to move. It moves in a straight line and you need to pay attention to the terrain, just like using any other skill.

"
IceLancerSR wrote:

skill cost same yeah sure it does..but simple logic for understanding

if new skill cost the same but travels less then previous with one activation=casting same skill at least twice amount of the time the last skill lasted due to longer travel

That is not happening. You are allowed to make one activation of cyclone travel less by clicking closer to yourself.

You can now travel 1/3 the previous minimum distance. Traveling 3x that, or the previous minimum distance, or another 3x that all cost the same. If you don't get this, you are bad at everything, simple logic for understanding.
Nice patch, but i'd like to see more cosmetic effects... And plz make something for shields too, that would be awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info