0.10.4 Patch Notes

repost from news thread:

some feedback about Cyclone adjustments

-the skill continues to desync like crazy and this is very serious
-the skill can be used now, as a single target thanks to reduced minimal travel range, but eats a lot more mana than before ( i guess its balanced that way)
-after the patch my char get stuck on the mobs( and not only) all the time when i try to channel the skill( hold the skill button on specific monster) , which causes two effects:
a) get helpless in the middle of the mobs pack
b) eats mana like crazy, because it didnt end where i aimed for

Overall it would be an improvement, but that stuck new glitch make it close to unplayable.
IMO it should be fixed, because i doubt its intentional.
"
Shattarstar83 wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

Enjoy your MMO now.
This is the worst decision without modifying the droprates for single players.

There is no other game witch such a terrible droprate for solo players and full parties get too much loot.

Why do many players use fillers?
Why do you read /player # ?
Why do players mock you after the "chest bug"?
Why do players create bug reports after a "rarity quantity patch"
Because the droprates for solo players are total crap.
Ever realized that 3 players are more quantitiy than most players can reach with perfect IIQ?

You turned something that could be a good action RPG into a stupid 4-6 player MMO Grindfestival, well done.
Want items and currency?-->Join a party of 3-6 players.
Vendor receipes mainly used for crafting-->Nerf the shit out of them so a superior crafting system is useless unless you are a MMO player.

How about increasing the Party size to 36 players. I am certain you will get good feedback from MMO players.

Good thing that this system got major flaws and you still can get normal amount drops from some bosses with fillers with the cost of some tps.

Give us private servers with user modifications now, so you will see where the majority of players will play and it certainly won't be Default or HC.

Seriously can you even comprehend how many stealth nerfs and "fixes" you created that pissed off players since OB launch?

Even the one more click for a book is annoying.

QFT. Solo players get even more shafted. Risk vs reward in solo vs group play is completely backwards and these changes make things even worse now.

-------------
+1
I am mostly solo player and since 0.10.4 patch items drop rate decreased a lot. And that sucks. It was fun, but now i am getting to be bored. Please fix it for solo players, bcs not everyone is 20h player that has time to play in party all day.
new drop changes are BS
@wulfgar_red
--We have also reduced the minimum distance it travels, so that you have more control. This distance is now about a third of what it was previously.

this was REALLY bad for me...
i use cyclone and blood magic, it almost kills me all the time now.

*shouldn't the mana cost be equal to the % of maximum distance traveled?
OR
*remove this change... the skill should be an "all commited" skill, now it just costs allot, desynchs, and get you in problems!

it really made me consider stop playing my duelist (that i loved before this change)

but don't get me wrong here, the skill is damage wise buffed, thats great!, but thew new feel of it whit the high cost is reallllllly risky if you happen to exidently click on a monster.
i really don't care that its "more usable on 1 target" i got double strike for single targets.
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Nivius on Mar 20, 2013, 5:12:59 AM
"
Nivius wrote:
--We have also reduced the minimum distance it travels, so that you have more control. This distance is now about a third of what it was previously.

OR
*remove this change... the skill should be an "all commited" skill, now it just costs allot, desynchs, and get you in problems!

it really made me consider stop playing my duelist (that i loved before this change)

but don't get me wrong here, the skill is damage wise buffed, thats great!, but thew new feel of it whit the high cost is reallllllly risky if you happen to exidently click on a monster.
i really don't care that its "more usable on 1 target" i got double strike for single targets.

The skill costs exactly the same, you are just allowed to click closer.

You need to learn to click further away when you want to travel more.........
Kudos for the Shockwave totem buff. I'll check how this goes. Back in closed beta, it casts the shockwave so fast, and thus it was so effective, Brutus can't hit you, keeps getting knocked back constantly! Then it was nerfed :(
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Chypre wrote:

Except that you can't ground-target the skill accurately if there's a mob in the way.
"
Chypre wrote:
"
Nivius wrote:

OR

@Chypre
not this again..
skill cost same yeah sure it does..but simple logic for understanding
if new skill cost the same but travels less then previous with one activation=casting same skill at least twice amount of the time the last skill lasted due to longer travel

In Future lets write instruction on skills?
"if u wish to move /travel with cyclon ,u must move your mouse to the far end of your screen (read corners) ,never dare to do otherwise,and even that most probably wont work in a lot of situations,so ..just live with it

@Nivius
i feel you man..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23WzMOMyzBc
if left to use multibox, we are killing the game, you have banned the use of multiple accounts at once, as this encourages the use of bots, and xploit abuse.

The drop would not need to reduce it as players near and far, if you take away the multibox, the only thing it does is ruin the game.

PS: Too many skills and other changes, but no reset of the entire tree passive, it already force people haer a new class each week as Regets spending is abusive, over the drop of Regets is as rare as get exalted
Good work guys. I hope you fix boss stucking in wall and blood rage + increased duration bugs as well.
IGN: Enkel
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 1: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/804756
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 2: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964835
Enkel's Accessories - 1 (Jewellery): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806716

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info