0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
"
Emil_kof wrote:
"
sai25 wrote:
I wonder where's the increase in the maps drop chance.
Tonight we did 6 maps lvl70-71 (all rare and high quality, with Quantity always over 50%) and we picked ZERO maps. We cant continue the journey because no one had more maps to play. Just some trash lvl66-67 maps wich doesnt give XP at all.

I hope that you really increase the drop chance in higher maps, and also try make the drops with same lvl or higher please.

Its sad enough to do a lot map runs lvl70-74 and the only map u pick in the whole day is a lvl67.

This

And also, you shouldn't be able to find lvl66-67 maps (the ones I call trash maps) in a lvl70+ map. If a map drops, there should be about equal chance that it is equal or plus/minus 1 level of the map that it dropped from.

I did a bunch of maps yesterday that were lvl70-71, none dropped lvl72. The last 3 maps got me a lvl66 Grotto map (lol?) and now I'm out of maps to play yet again.

Unfortunately the reason the high lvl map drop rates are low and how you don't get + or - 1 level map drops from the current map you're in is because they want people to keep playing the game. They don't want to make it too easy to get to 75+ maps because the players will no longer have a lot of incentive to keep 'grinding'.

It's pretty much inexcusable to not have a +/- 1 level rule for the maps. It's such an obvious, glaring oversight that what I just said in the previous paragraph has got to be true... they're doing it on purpose to keep you hooked and hopefully purchasing stuff. This game is complex and the devs are extremely detail-oriented and intelligent, so there's no way that they somehow glossed over this (having +/- 1 lvl).

I stopped playing my lvl 83 almost all together due to the horrid map drop(and I like my lvl 83 more than all my other characters!)

for reference:

I have a lvl 83, 70, 65, and 52. I truly feel that if I stuck with just playing my lvl 83, I would max be at lvl 85 by now. I'm not wasting anymore time in sub lvl 70 maps. Its just a waste of time.
True that, I don't feel like doing any maps under 70 anymore, probably going to quit this game until they fix drop rates, instead of forcing us to farm the same bullshit why not add MORE MAPS and higher level maps..
IGN: Neckroemansir
Last edited by Ziellos on Mar 27, 2013, 12:43:03 AM
"
Ziellos wrote:
True that, I don't feel like doing any maps under 70 anymore, probably going to quit this game until they fix drop rates, instead of forcing us to farm the same bullshit why not add MORE MAPS and higher level maps..

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Ziellos wrote:

+1

What would you do if 70+ maps had never existed and level cap was 80 ? In many games, people reach the cap and farm the same stuff over and over without getting any xp, why can't you do that in PoE ?

The aim of the game isn't reaching the cap, they set a cap so that you can't reach it and you don't need to, why would you feel entitled to reach it ?

ps : this is directed at everyone saying "not enough maps, can't get xp", not particularly you.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:

What would you do if 70+ maps had never existed and level cap was 80 ? In many games, people reach the cap and farm the same stuff over and over without getting any xp, why can't you do that in PoE ?

The aim of the game isn't reaching the cap, they set a cap so that you can't reach it and you don't need to, why would you feel entitled to reach it ?

ps : this is directed at everyone saying "not enough maps, can't get xp", not particularly you.

Other games all have some kind of treadmill people get on to continue improving their character after max level. Its things like gear upgrades, some kind of alternative advancement, tradeskills/harvesting, etc.

Its a sense of progression, the feeling that they are doing something, no matter how minuscule.
All I know is I used to play MoC constantly and had no problems being at the top of the default ladder (old closed beta days). Ever since maps, I get to end game, do a few dozen maps, get bored with low level maps and start a new char. I join maps on occasion with my friends, but I definitely don't hit endgame like I did in the old MoC days.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
All I know is I used to play MoC constantly and had no problems being at the top of the default ladder (old closed beta days). Ever since maps, I get to end game, do a few dozen maps, get bored with low level maps and start a new char. I join maps on occasion with my friends, but I definitely don't hit endgame like I did in the old MoC days.

MoC area level was constant, what's the difference ? Is it because sometimes you have to downgrade in map levels ? Would you be less bored if all maps were 66 ?

@Unleet : there is gear upgrade in PoE, you can also simply get richer.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Mar 27, 2013, 5:50:20 PM
zril, you missed the point of his post. If the cap were 80 and those were the only maps available, obviously I would simply stop playing this game and only return once they added more content or progression possibilities, being constantly stuck and having no sense of progress makes end-game content truly boring and worthless. The only other positives about this game would become very stale, very quick.
IGN: Neckroemansir
Last edited by Ziellos on Mar 28, 2013, 5:23:40 PM
well that's where time will fix this issue though. Since they plan on wanting to have like 10 acts and stuff. As they add more acts, the leveling will get less and less 'grinding' with no progress feel. And I am pretty sure that the map levels and drop rates will be changed along with addition of more acts, for the better. That's the thing with this game, as much as there is already in this game. This is still really in a beta stage. So if you must, then I would just wait and see. Cuz honestly it could only get better as they add more content.
I used to play Diablo 3, then I realized it doesn't have a Shabby Jerkin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info