0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
ampdecay wrote:
Wow solo players get fucked again, I think I'm done with path of nerfs.

well I will still be playing this game but I wont be partying with anyone due to ninja looting is promoted now and farming by yourself only seems like realistic ways to get cash in this game, I am pretty sure this will promote more people to trade off this site.
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
ampdecay wrote:
Wow solo players get fucked again, I think I'm done with path of nerfs.

Yeah, this needs immediately reverted in 0.10.4a

Watch the stream I linked to GGG guys... Wouldn't it stop that type of exploit if you required all 6 party members to deal damage to the boss or that a party member had dealt damage since joining the area or within the last 5-30 seconds?

You need to look at what is the natural pattern of behavior from legit play versus multiboxing and figure out when we get the quantity bonus and when we don't. Don;t even list it in the patch notes, just make it right.

It is bosses being used to multibox, not general areas. The game is immensely bad for anyone who can't play 6 person teams because of the graphics lag now.
Last edited by Chypre on Mar 20, 2013, 6:48:50 AM
I prefer playing solo, so for me, to not break the rules, would multilog several clients and manually bring in all my little alts into the cavern of anger one by one, go kill merveil get all my alteration shards, etc.

Lets just put it right out there, THIS IS THE ONLY VIABLE WAY FOR A SOLO PLAYER TO COMPETE IN THE MARKET. Some who have gotten far enough even multilog low level maps.

Without doing this, plus the nerf to the chaos recipe I have zero ways of actually acquiring currency and progressing.

The only solution to me is to bring solo drops up to the same as 3 people parties and never get increases for more players.
S L O W E R
"
Kormi wrote:
"
LOM wrote:
How does it work if I kill enemies offscreen with my Lightning Arrow?
Is the range at least 1.5 Full HD screens? (I often shoot at enemies without visual contact, when my friend's mara tanks them)

And one more related question: do I and my party get experience when I kill enemies offscreen with ranged skills at long distance (3-4 screens)?
I think, this is an important question.
I very often use distance to get an advantage: while alone, I run away from large groups and spam Split Arrow. While grouping with my gf, she often draws the attention of a yellow monster to her melee fighter while I stand back 0.75-1.5 screens (depending on the number of normal enemies on the screen).
And even WITHOUT using Chain-support you easily kill enemies 3-4+ screens away. You just can't avoid that while using projectile skills.

If I understand this mechanic right, you don't get any loot if you are alone and too far away from the killed mobs. Or is the player providing the killing blow counted every time, regardless of the distance? In any case: why bother with a loot-destroying character in public groups?

It would be nice if this concerns would be addressed. Maybe I got the consequences totally wrong - but for now I see huge problems for ranged skill characters.

It actually says:

"
They have to be near you when Brutus dies, though.

I suppose that the range check is performed against the mob killer and not the killed mob itself, ain't it?
"
Zestro wrote:
I use and abuse multi-clienting. This patch does nothing to me.

OH NOES I NEED TO USE A TP NOW TO BRING MULES INTO VAAL BEFORE SPAWNING HIM.

Seriously, all this affects is end game map farming, chest exploiting at fellshrine, and currency runs at Ledge.

I'm still going to have an unlimited amount of alterations that i can trade up into any other orb, or use them to craft. All you're doing is making end game less appealing and farming Vaal even more profitable.

Watch GGG remove loot table from vaal now :)

99% of the items that drop are already absolute trash, you'll just be hurting the players who don't multi-client to fix multiclienting.

Solution: INTRODUCE /PLAYER X command.

Removes all need for people to multiclient and does not give an advantage to anyone, everyone is at the same playing field.

I still won't party people due to the amount of disrespect I see in parties, I would rather solo than join any party. RNG is absolute bs even when playing with friends... play for 5+ hours, all crap drops, then an amazing item drops and it goes to one person while the other 4-5 friends feel like their time just got wasted and have slight feelings of resentfulness. It just doesn't foster good relations.

Whatever this post will just get lost in the crowd. I could say a lot more but what's the point? I'm going to get flamed by most, some will agree, and others will ignore.

This post just needs to be highlighted.
I am not using multi-client but did in a lot of other games and several years of D2.
This patch will only prevent dem noobs from using multiclient.
It is still pretty easy to vaal-farm from what I know.

And on a side note; people in publice parties have a harder time now because of less coordination. I don't care too much since I play mostly with friends in private parties but I see it happening even there that we will miss out on some loot cause someone is offscreen killing.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh
"
Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

i guess this section is buggy because i farmed some time with a friend (we were close to each other) and we had in 2 hours one a drop of max. 20 rare items... we both got more then 250 mf

we did the same runs yesterday and there was much more loot then today...
for examlpe:

yesterday: dock runs-> like up to 5 or more rares in a single run per player
today: dock runs-> like up to 3 rares in a whole run (not per player) // killing 3 rare mobs and not even a single white item droped

pls try to fix it :)

and pls GGG get a focus on desynch :)
IGN: RBS_iNubiSh
"
Caos81 wrote:
It actually says:

"
They have to be near you when Brutus dies, though.
Thank you, I missed this bit out.

So, this is really confusing me, because the above quote and the below one completely contradict each other:
"
Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby rather than the number in the instance.
So ... do the others have to be near the PLAYER or near the MOB? And no, in case of ranged characters this is absolutely NOT the same.

"
I suppose that the range check is performed against the mob killer and not the killed mob itself, ain't it?
If you are right, this means: if me and my gf get seperated within a dungeon and I rush in her direction and shoot, she doesn't get any loot because I distant-killed the yellow mob she was fighting with? Sounds pretty dumb, tbh.
Last edited by Kormi on Mar 20, 2013, 7:25:34 AM
what happen with game today? latency suddenly bumping from mine usual 90-100 to 300-800 this bump happens every 20-30sec. Cant play normally. Im played on eu server. Dont know IP what i need to trace but trace to google is smooth without any lags so im sure its no my provider

updated
seems like smth wrong with my path to eu server or with eu server itself if this possible. Checked us 200ms stable as usual so not game problem probably

can i know eu server ip which i need to trace? want to see where is that problem
IGN:xxd
Last edited by snierr on Mar 20, 2013, 7:33:11 AM
YES GGG!!!

One of the best Patches so far.
Thank you very much!
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Mar 20, 2013, 7:29:37 AM
"
ampdecay wrote:
I prefer playing solo, so for me, to not break the rules, would multilog several clients and manually bring in all my little alts into the cavern of anger one by one, go kill merveil get all my alteration shards, etc.

Lets just put it right out there, THIS IS THE ONLY VIABLE WAY FOR A SOLO PLAYER TO COMPETE IN THE MARKET. Some who have gotten far enough even multilog low level maps.

Without doing this, plus the nerf to the chaos recipe I have zero ways of actually acquiring currency and progressing.

The only solution to me is to bring solo drops up to the same as 3 people parties and never get increases for more players.

Want to team up and rush our newbies through together so we can start multiboxing?

I'm not going to even hang my hopes on GGG immediately fixing this error. I will just start copying the multibox exploiters. They are clearly still making 3 times what I was farming legit and with no hassles I had.

There is absolutely nothing to do now except play maps or farm solo with drastically lower drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info