0.10.4 Patch Notes

This drop system is screwed up. I play a summoner, and i aint always near when enemies die...
So its just a loot lost issue now.

PS. Was hoping they would fix the Low map drop rate for solo.
"
Baron01 wrote:
First, the change of Chaos orb recipe. Now it is further restriction on the way loot is calculated in party.

Both of above changes are clearly aimed to stop multi-boxing or multi-clienting in this game. In fact, this latest change has effectively killed it for good. Since it is fixed now, the change to Chaos orb recipe should be reverted. All players should now able to create Chaos orbs again from any type of gear because it is no longer possible to abuse the system.

What I am missing is a fix to the issues that caused this behaviour to appear--crazy amount of currency required to craft or sustain end-game. GGG further and further trim flow of currency or gear but does not do anything to compensate on the other side.

Players who did not multi-whatever are not affected at all. In fact, they are still suffering because the drop rates are abysmal and it is nigh impossible to accumulate any wealth without running with an organized group in high level maps.

Why are you QQ'ing about chaos recipe when it isn't even mentioned in this patch? Plus how hard is it to farm level 60 items and getting rares? It was changed in the first place cuz people were farming low level bosses and getting 50 rares from it.
"
Mareck6679 wrote:
This drop system is screwed up. I play a summoner, and i aint always near when enemies die...
So its just a loot lost issue now.

PS. Was hoping they would fix the Low map drop rate for solo.

Facepalm. The Map drop rate is the same even if your 1 player or 6 players. The extra quantity does not affect Maps to drop.
Love the game although i prefer Diablo 3.
Let me start off by saying I've played this game a lot:
79 witch 78 shadow 71 ranger 53 Maruader 53 Witch

I have even thrown $$$ into the game because I liked it.

Here are my thoughts on many game aspects:

Cash Shop
Spoiler
I like the feel of the cash shop. Its not a pay to win game, and you can get some benefit from buying extra bag space. Likewise you could multiclient and get more space or make 20 characters, but that takes time and can be a hassle when searching for things.

Speaking of searching for things? Why is their not a sort feature for the bank space? That feature would be awesome.

Spell Effects Brightness:
Spoiler
I don't usually have a problem with game effects, but the lightning in this game remind me why some people have seizures from flashing lights.

I really do not care for the lightning effects and will often time avoid party members with them.

Lag Spell Effects:
Spoiler
Did anyone not foresee an issue with the multiplication of effects of effects?

If you want to kill someone that has a bad computer get a quill rain, add poison arrow, chain, GMP, and why not? add fork to it. Nothing like generate hundreds poison clouds in about 2 seconds.
*** THIS IS GUARANTEED TO KILL SOMEONE!!! ***

I would love to be able to turn down my settings and/or remove other players effects, like I can in other games.

Ethereal Knives.
Spoiler
My issue is not with this SPELL, but will all the other spells.

This spell comes with 1+8 projectiles versus other spells at ONLY the expense of Range, which is quickly remedy with Faster Projectile (1 gem)... Other spells must give up 30-50% of their damage to use LMP(+2)/GMP(+4)... And if you use Chain(+2) there goes another 50%...

On top of that projectile weakness which adds damage and PIERCE will not at the same time work with CHAIN or FORK and (Fireball splash)... Al thou I understand why you can't pierce and chain/fork, I am simply adding to the fact that these skills have additional weaknesses.

Ethereal Knives with Projectile Weakness on average hits everything! at the cost of pretty much nothing compared to other SPELLS.

Personally I think FIREBALL should proc its AoE on every hit regardless if it Pierces/Chains/Forks, at least that is what I was hoping it would do, since I'm trading 30-50% damage

Pain-Attunement and Righteous Fire
Spoiler
30% and 87% more spell damage respectively. These skills have single handily made me both RICH and BORED with the game. when multiplied together you 143.1% more damage, or in other words take your damage and multiply it by 2.431!!!

My damage with PA and RF can reach over 38K+ DPS... I one shot everything!... I one shot everything in 6-man groups... I can even one-shot Yellow Golems in FellShrine...

Oh did I mention I do that with 80% quantity find and 400% Rarity? The only gear I need to have is a good chest, wand and shield? And that I do this all at range?

Melee
Spoiler
I could probably reach decent damage with Melee classes. With some of the top end gear its quite possible to reach 14K+ dps [before skill%mod] with very heavy dependent damage passives (Like all of them)... And this dps is for single target (unlike EK+RF+PA)...

For Melee this means sacrificing 30% damage for Ground Slam (10K dps), or 60%(5.6k Dps) for Cyclone... I do not see why these skills have reduced damage, Cyclone should at least be closer to ground slam, since it doesn't do that much more, you spin... Usually you end up spinning into enemies and ARROWS, so you take more damage, since avoiding is not a option...

Bows
Spoiler
For Bow classes, you take huge damage drops when using chain, split, fork, LMP, GMP. You can reach 14K+ dps before skills which is comparable to melee classes. But once you add abilities like chain, you gain DPS, but lose effective damage just think of the base math:

14,000 * 0.5 * 3 = 21K damage per second
21,000 / 3 = 7K damage per second on each of 3 targets.

But as soon as you add GMP, you regain the damage the lost damage

14,000* 0.5 * 3 * 0.5 * 5 = 52.5K Damage per second (Max)
52,500 / 5 = 17.5 damage per second on a single target (assuming 5 attacks hits 1 target)

I've seen rangers clear entire maps without every seeing half the mobs, by simply shooting outward.

Balance of Power
Spoiler
If you ask me this is how I see the balance of Power (currently)

EK and BOW > Melee + Other Spells

Its hard for me to say whether I like EK's ability to not need any gear and wear maximized magic find OR play a Bow class and simply killing Everything off screen. They both are incredible good compared to Melee, casters, dual wield, and summoners.

Loot
Spoiler
I play the game to have FUN! if its not FUN, I do NOT want to PLAY!

As it stands now in there is no difference between playing in a party and playing on your own!

In fact, it is probably EASIER playing by YOURSELF

COMPARE: 6 people soloing by themselves VERSUS 6 people playing as a group.
-- I tested exp differences in a group and out... There was NO change, I got the same exp for the same mob.
-- +50% quantity per person in party... That means there is less loot.
-- In a party you can clear faster, than not in a party. So it kinda balances out.

Personally I like my loot, I do not care about what you got, I would rather not have to deal with ninjas, so I can focus on KILLING and SURVIVING, not having to jump on EXALTED ORB because everyone is STARVING!

I might actually enjoy partying!, if I didn't have to be paranoid all the time.

Loot Options
Spoiler
Free for All
Random
Round Robin
Master Loot
Yours is yours. (Diablo 3)

I read somewhere that the goal was for people to be "happy" with others get, yet now we cannot tell "who" got what and there is still plenty of opportunity for someone to get yours...

If you want people to jump for joy for others, then announce their winnings, and don't let others (Ninjas) take it from them.

Multiboxing
Spoiler
Vaal Farm? Piety Farm? Merveil/Butcher Farm?

Multiboxers are still going to be able to "get" theirs.

Chest Ninja
Spoiler
Commonly referred to players that run fell shrine purely to loot chest.

The new changes does well to prevent these players from getting theirs, however, this does not prevent squatting, or players doing what THEY WANT TO DO.

Personally I think this is the wrong approach to the problem. Nerfing "loot" only makes people more desperate.

Solo Players in groups
Spoiler
Referred to players that Solo content in groups so that they can achieve better loot or higher difficulty, than they would otherwise

The new changes does well to prevent these players from getting theirs, however, this does not prevent squatting, or players doing what THEY WANT TO DO.

Personally I think this is the wrong approach to the problem. Nerfing "loot" only makes people more desperate. Now the players get nothing for the increased challenge and difficulty.

You help one group and you hurt another.

Player X Difficulty
Spoiler
This idea on face value has many issues
-- This tends to make players want to solo
-- This benefits players that can solo
-- Players that can solo, have a bigger challenge
-- But why join a party? if you can solo it?

This is a matter of gear / skill / creativity... and Nerfs and Buffs... Isn't there something inherently wrong with players being able to solo? Or is it inevitable as you go from weak gear to END-GAME?

Personally, I need a new challenge in this game, and would not mind an increased difficulty... I would much prefer it over a NERF!

Player Freedom
Spoiler
One of the things I enjoyed about this game is the freedom to play whatever class you liked, however you wanted to play it, and for whatever goals you had in mind.

Like it, hate it, read it or not... I feel like more could be done with Path of Exile. There is no "Challenge" for me and there is no "Reward" for partying. My best opportunity for advancement in this game is to "Solo" and frankly I find that to be a bore.

I did meet some new friends on here, but had to deal with thousands of thugs that would stab me in the back for a "alch," but that is not to say that I did not run chest in fellshrine, play solo-group in docks or stop to ninja anything I could... In a dog eat dog world, would you expect anything less?.

I really hope that the developers look into better ways of promoting "Party play" and "Solo play" while reducing "Griefing" "Multibox-advantage" and other bad designs (Desyncs anyone?).

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2cqeioj.jpg[/img]
"
Asmosis wrote:
does this mean its no longer possible to reach +5 max resists on purity? I can't think of any way to get +3 skill levels.

Inner force & in +2 gem slot?
"
HighWindCZ wrote:
After reading about item drop in party. I understand that as long as you and your party member stay together the bonus still apply. Am I correct about this? (ie. the distance is checked between the person that kill the monster and other party member not the distance between you and the monster.)

If I'm correct and the distance is around 1 screen away. I would request to increase these distance to maybe 2-3 screen. Considering below situation.

Player A,B,C,D fighting a boss.

A -> B -> C+Boss <-- D

C is a melee player while A, B, D is range. A is 1 screen away from Boss to the left and B is around half screen. D using his totem or long range skill to attack the boss and he may be more than 1 screen away to the right. If D took the last hit this mean there will be no bonus to item drop at all since no one is on the same screen as him.

This situation happen quite often in group fight. If you want to prevent multiboxing please do it in the way that it doesn't effect us who play the game it should be played.

Also it should be nice if there are some kind of indicator to show that how many party member are around you.

You're completely right! Such situations are very common. And Party Zone Indicator - is great idea, which would be very helpful and will solve/prevent a lot of problems, whinings :)
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
Didn't like this patch one bit and not going to bother anymore. I prefer to play the game solo and with this patch I get the shaft now loading more toons into a zone. Why should I be forced to join a party for more loot or better exp? Why doesn't GGG just make it to where I can start an instance with a difficulty of 6 so it would be like playing in a 6 man zone with the same exp and loot? This way if you choose to play solo with max exp/loot you can, if you want to group up for max exp/loot, you still can. Win/win.
"
q1wet3 wrote:
All your stuff with mine exposed
Lag Spell Effects:
Melee
Spoiler
I could probably reach decent damage with Melee classes. With some of the top end gear its quite possible to reach 14K+ dps [before skill%mod] with very heavy dependent damage passives (Like all of them)... And this dps is for single target (unlike EK+RF+PA)...

You should see dual arctic breath totems. I never had a problem until that showed up.

Multiboxing
Spoiler
Vaal Farm? Piety Farm? Merveil/Butcher Farm?

Multiboxers are still going to be able to "get" theirs.

Make it so the boss occasionally attacks anyone/everyone. If they're attacking/killing AFK bots, its probably too much for the multiboxer to alt tab between them all, let alone bring them back in while trying to stay alive themselves.

Solo Players in groups
Spoiler
Referred to players that Solo content in groups so that they can achieve better loot or higher difficulty, than they would otherwise

Personally I think this is the wrong approach to the problem. Nerfing "loot" only makes people more desperate. Now the players get nothing for the increased challenge and difficulty.

You help one group and you hurt another.

Really instead of nerfing multiboxers and solo farmers, /player # would provide both risk and reward that you seek as well as multiboxers, without requiring a good PC. Seems to be only hate for multiboxers. Just nerf quantity for /player but keep rarity/loot effected by /player # so we don't imbalance currency / crafting economy.

"
Posted by KenshiD
on 16. Februar 2013 16:18

I'd like to hear a different score when beating a Boss.

When I kill Brutus the music just continues and there is no "A Winner is You!" anthem.

Something fitting over a hard battle would be nice.
Clam and rewarding.

Patchnotes:

Special music has been added that plays when act bosses have been slain.

My prayers are thus answered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info