0.10.4 Patch Notes

"
KarraKurri wrote:
Adding something like this without game rebalance, drop rates rebalance and overall rebalance of basically everything will cause massive hyperinflation and market will be flooded by items from whole playerbase that now can farm with +300IIQ. Some builds are so OP that they can easily farm with IIR gear with /player 6 command.

Maybe its is solution but rushing this will broke game in one week or even one day.
Economy of D3 was broken couple hours after launch lol just because instanced loot and steady but very fast and strong flow of items from drops.
That is one of the reasons why GGG want to stay with FFA loot also.

D3 economy is a whole other beast that has nothing to do with this game. SC economy is going to be boned either way because of items flowing in from HC and also over time more godly gear is going to exist with nowhere to go. The inflation we have right now isn't due to multiboxers and this patch or any patch inhibiting them isn't going to somehow magically fix items going for 10+ exalts.

A player X command could allow high end players with builds strong enough to clear maps and gain increased loot drops. Sure it could be tweaked instead of just +50% mob health you could add +% damage as well or whatever else. You could remove the item bonus from chests so players would be forced to tackle the mobs instead of chest farming. So the amount of gain would depend on your strength as a solo player or a limited party or whatever.

We already see this kind of system with maps and map modifiers, the more difficult they are the more loot you can get. My argument is that as a summoner I cant group because of the flaws in the game that aren't being fixed and also that I'm rolling the hardest maps I can and still not seeing a noticeable gain in either difficulty/challenge and definitely not in any kind of loot reward.
"
Asmosis wrote:
does this mean its no longer possible to reach +5 max resists on purity? I can't think of any way to get +3 skill levels.

I read that there is a support gem that can buff the level of gems by 2, so you can get +1 gem level mod on armour/weapon and add the support gem and now you got +3 levels.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Fixed a bug where clicking outside the vendor sell window would close it.

It was fine. Now it is super annoying having to click the cancel button.
Well those changes are good and bad at the same time but the one screen distance thing isn't gona work as you think it should. Tho it's aimed at a certain type of players it will have a negative effect on many other people who run glass canon builds, totems etc.
Шось? (IGN: Owner)
"
Neomikron wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
CYCLON VIDEO Proof of a Problem!

http://youtu.be/23WzMOMyzBc

So i hav my perma-spin video up, check it out before say it's a lie :)

http://youtu.be/c8jFfGRt9g0
BTW as i say: I'm playing Facebraker/Blood Magic 5L (Cyclone-added fire-melee phy dmg-faster attacks-life leech) and don't even notice the cost, actually i can perma-spin.

I'm lvl68 -3k hp- 140hp recovery -92mana cost-

An also as i say, you need to check your build or items, any (or both) sucks.

P.D. Sorry for the quality, i'm just to lazy to shut others peoples mouths (IceLancerSR, cof cof), but if more people asks for the build or items i'm using i can do it better (but plz don't) :P

i see downtalk ye?

U still HAVEN'T proved absolutely nothing with your video

U avoided every single situation with bunch of mobs in one group
u also avoided every single obstacle

Watch closely my video and watch how cycling stops regulary from time to time on every obstacle and even on mobs,(not doing straight lines maraton, are we? like u)
what u did is quickflask appears to be and rush from group to group
WHILE real fight situation is precisely showed in my video who u are down talking
meh cut the crap

and please let me not teach u how to proper test a skill?ehh?
i HONESTLY hope u are not among people who are responsible for giving beta testing to developers...

we are testing the skill here ,remember?the behavior of skill?ring a bell?
unless u have a unique which says "prevent cyclone from self stopping from now and then"
there is no need to talk about gear what so ever

watch again
really there is no need to explain more is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23WzMOMyzBc&feature=youtu.be

i guess i need to explain a video ,do i?

"

let me paraphrase what happened in just few first seconds of video ,for those who arent understanding

first 5 seconds of video:

-engage a mob with cyclon

-cyclon stops spinning in front of mobs after hitting it once

10 seconds and + engage mobs

-ok chasing mobs bt they arent taking damage-yeah desinc

0:44 cyclon stops spinning again the same moment it hits the mob

same continue to happen after

stairs are story for it self..

1:16 is moment when cyclon complitelly stopped and i faced death
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Mar 20, 2013, 1:58:28 AM
I love this game.

Fix the issues before rolling out new content/skills/micro

FPSdrops, monsters into walls, desync to name a few.

It is easier to fix stuff now than go back and try and fix it later after the player base grows then implodes because of bugs.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
First, the change of Chaos orb recipe. Now it is further restriction on the way loot is calculated in party.

Both of above changes are clearly aimed to stop multi-boxing or multi-clienting in this game. In fact, this latest change has effectively killed it for good. Since it is fixed now, the change to Chaos orb recipe should be reverted. All players should now able to create Chaos orbs again from any type of gear because it is no longer possible to abuse the system.

What I am missing is a fix to the issues that caused this behaviour to appear--crazy amount of currency required to craft or sustain end-game. GGG further and further trim flow of currency or gear but does not do anything to compensate on the other side.

Players who did not multi-whatever are not affected at all. In fact, they are still suffering because the drop rates are abysmal and it is nigh impossible to accumulate any wealth without running with an organized group in high level maps.
"
Chris wrote:
The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

"
Chris wrote:

When a monster is spawned or approached for the first time, the number of players in the instance is checked. Side areas or teleports in a map still check everyone in the whole map.

I'm quite confused by this. Is it the number of players in the instance or number of players nearby? Is it one of those on spawn and the other on kill? Is the check made around the dying monster or the player getting the kill (ie. am I screwing up loot for myself or my party by using a lightning arrow/arc totem/any long chaining projectile skill?)?

If I need to change my playstyle or force my friends to change theirs just because of anti-multiboxing changes, then those changes have a worse effect on me than multiboxing ever had, and you should rethink those changes.

If you actually use the close distance (which really should be two screens at least, IMO) when spawning, at least change the time of the "spawn" to when the boss is at, say, 90% health, so dealing some damage to it before the whole team is around doesn't rob everyone of loot.

EDIT: Also, dealing more than, say, 5% of the monster's max HP as damage to it should always qualify you for the drops and XP, even if you don't happen to be within range when it dies.
Last edited by MaXimillionZero on Mar 20, 2013, 2:34:35 AM
I don't multibox, or even play this game much to be frank but this loot change is bad.

Anytime a monster has +250% health it should drop +250% loot, no exceptions. The only problem I ever saw with boxing was opening chests, because it's a way of getting more loot with no more effort.

Just nerf chests to drop items = to one player and let parties split up if they want.
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"
Neomikron wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
CYCLON VIDEO Proof of a Problem!
watch again
really there is no need to explain more is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23WzMOMyzBc&feature=youtu.be

The ONLY THING on the table was perma-spin, it's what i show on my video an nothing else, i got those "stuck situations" too, and some lag on parties, who's sayin otherwise? you just brought it to compensate your fail (your build can't sustain your primary skill), mine can and there is the prove you are wrong (also is efficient with almost 100% MF, a insane dmg and above all:fun, but i'll not prove that to you).

Cyclone it's not perfect, but every patch it's gettin a small step at the time close to perfection, that's it. I rather prefer to play, so, good luck with that messed up build.
Last edited by Neomikron on Mar 20, 2013, 2:11:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info