Linux Compatability?

If you think there is no market or demand for Linux market, go to http://www.humblebundle.com/ right now, and look how much money Linux users actually pay for games.

Not bad for 30 million server, huh? Please stop posting ignorant crap like that
Last edited by LXj on Mar 25, 2012, 5:30:55 AM
I'm a linux/windows/mac user. And unfortunatelly I must say that windows is main gaming platform. If PoE is using directX features you can forget about playing it natively on linux.

PoE developers: do good game with windows client. Once you start earning lots of money you will do mac/linux client.
Be strong or be nothing.
I'm on the Linux wish list too. Only the only reason I have Windows on my computer is because there are way more games for it. I have tried to use wine, but too often something doesn't work fine. It would be be enough if the game was optimised for Ubuntu only, as that is probably where most of us are heading slowly. :)
Last edited by PetroOmg on Mar 28, 2012, 10:28:32 AM
What i can say from last weekend it just runs fine under wine ;-)
But native support would be much cooler
"
Apparition wrote:
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
Apparition wrote:
Use VMware Fusion.

No better program.

No, it's horrible for this kind of thing. You get far better results with Wine. In my testing.

Hmm I guess I'll see if I ever become a beta member.

Actually i've tried with VMware Fusion on a MacBook (with GeForce 9400M) during the stress test we and it was "playable", not very smooth, but playable...
Include me in for Linux too.. although I keep windows 7 around to play battlefield 3.
I agree, that linux version should come out. I like it for stability, clear working principles, and there is not so many viruses for linux as for windows, also, generally linux is doing better work of using hardware resources. IMHO!!!
Anyway linux is very neglected by devs, and I think the more games on open-source OS, the better.

/using W7 for games, office, and some specials, ubuntu for everything else/
IGN: Infernalle
I have played PoE on Ubuntu(Linux) with WINE with no problem. Instaler create shortcut on Desktop. I have run shortcut with -opengl option and start game:)
"
petot wrote:
I have played PoE on Ubuntu(Linux) with WINE with no problem. Instaler create shortcut on Desktop. I have run shortcut with -opengl option and start game:)

Can you describe installation PoE on Linux with Wine?

I really don't understand people who says that Linux is only for servers and geeks. They seem to me ignorant and stupid. Did you try it? I'm sure they are not.
Yes, windows for games and ... mmm.. that's all.
Linux is so far ahead of windows in everything: user interface, stability, hardware support and backward compatibility.
I use opensuse on my desktop, laptop and very old dell laptop as homeserver machine. And I don't need to install any drivers. It works from the box!
It works perfectly as server and as desktop system.
I (like a user) can use any GUI in Linux. It does not depend from core.
Linux already everywhere - phones(android), your TV, routers.
+1 for native linux version. I need only one good game on my linux to run natively, and i can say goodbye to crappy win..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info