[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Currychicken wrote:
May i ask why is Cyclone not leveled up? and just reserved at level 1?

Levelling the Cyclone gem will increase its attribute requirements while increasing its damage. We don't care about the increased damage, so we want to keep the attribute requirement as low as possible.

Thank you for the Reply, Any Advice for the new notables?
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Smerte wrote:
I haven't done any crafting on this game for a long time, so how do you go about crafting the end game staff for this build? Get high enough ilvl 6L warstaff base, orb of alt it untill you get +1 all gems roll, regal and hope you get something usefull and then craft +2 all support gems into it?

That's the general idea, yeah.
Detailed Guide
I would begin with an iLvl 50+ Warstaff base (6-linked ideally).
An iLvl 50 Vile Staff seems like a good choice for a base; we avoid some of the higher tiers of unwanted rolls, as well as have the highest attack speed on a staff so that Static Strike doesn't feel too slow.

Then, we use Alteration orbs until we hit that +1 to Level of Socketed Gems prefix.

Now we use a Regal orb and hope the staff gains a suffix. If it gains a prefix, that prevents us from having 3 crafted mods with minion damage. If we want to have 3 crafted mods, we have to try and save the staff with an annulment orb, or scour and start over. If you are limited on currency I would recommend just keeping the staff if it rolls a prefix after using a Regal orb.

All that is left now is to apply the +2 to Socketed Support Gems craft, or the 3 crafted modifiers craft followed by +2 to Socketed Support Gems and Minions deal % increased Damage, if we have two prefixes open.

If possible, a decent attack speed suffix will make Static Strike feel even faster, but this is more for comfort than performance.

Delve crafting is a bit tricky, and I'm not sure what the best course of action here is. My recommendation would involve spamming Aetheric Fossils on the staff, hoping we get both +1 to Level of Socketed Gems and Socketed Skill deal 20% more Spell Damage, while also having a prefix open. There is also the consideration of using Faceted fossils for the +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence/Strength Gems suffix, but that is both incredibly expensive and unlikely.

Overall, I would stick with the Alteration crafting method for simplicity's sake.

Hi playing these build as league starter, and was theory crafting the staff, and think that fossil craft is very good with faceted fossil on a Serpentine Staff, ilvl 50-54, you can get +1 to Level of Socketed Gems prefix and the delve mod +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems as a sufix, so with an open prefix we can add +2 to support gems but loose the multi mod, or if you are lucky will get 3 mods and than multi mod minion damage and +2 to support gems, just don't know is it better to get the int gem lvl or the mod increased minon damage.

There is an incursion mod suffix:
Minions have (36–40)% increased Attack Speed
Minions have (36–40)% increased Cast Speed
but i think that's impossible to get from fossil crafting but that mod and the other incursion mod prefix:
Minions deal (85–94)% increased Damage
Minions have 5% chance to deal Double Damage

look mighty fine, but to get that 2 with +1 to gem lvls with an open prefix is kinda a long shot, especially when that items need to drop...

TL;DR
do you think its better multimod for inc minion dmg or fossil craft for +1 gems +1 int gems and than just craft +2 support gems
Last edited by C1K1 on Mar 17, 2020, 4:33:01 AM
"
Note: Make sure that the attack rate of cyclone is a multiple of the cooldowns per second of the nova skill. E.g. If your relic skill cooldown is 0.375s, your cyclone should have an attack rate of 1/0.375 = 2.667, or a multiple of this number (2.667, 5.333, 8,...)

As of 3.10, the cooldown of the relic nova skill has been increased to 0.3s. This means that static strike is no longer a viable way of activating the nova from the relics after acquiring Geofri's Legacy, which increases the relic cooldown. Cyclone should be used instead.

Could you help to understand this?
I played with static strike and that was nice because you hit and then tun for a couple of sec. Now I got helmet and respec in cyclon, witch nice also, but in this case relics hits only if I use cyclone, so I have to use it all the time. Then I try to use strike with a helmet...and they work also. And now I confused=) Why static strike works even with helmet in my case? or I don't see something.
"
baby_bot2 wrote:
"
Note: Make sure that the attack rate of cyclone is a multiple of the cooldowns per second of the nova skill. E.g. If your relic skill cooldown is 0.375s, your cyclone should have an attack rate of 1/0.375 = 2.667, or a multiple of this number (2.667, 5.333, 8,...)

As of 3.10, the cooldown of the relic nova skill has been increased to 0.3s. This means that static strike is no longer a viable way of activating the nova from the relics after acquiring Geofri's Legacy, which increases the relic cooldown. Cyclone should be used instead.

I played with static strike and that was nice because you hit and then tun for a couple of sec. Now I got helmet and respec in cyclon, witch nice also, but in this case relics hits only if I use cyclone, so I have to use it all the time. Then I try to use strike with a helmet...and they work also. And now I confused=) Why static strike works even with helmet in my case? or I don't see something.

If I'm not mistaken, hits per second count. So the relic has 0.3 seconds cooldown for him to pop his nova, goefri's legacy gives you 20-25% longer cd, so in the worst case 0.375 per nova fired. You need a skill that will hit in like 0.4 sec to maximize the dps, if your skill hits every 0.3 sec than you have a downtime. Lets say you hit every 0.3 sec. 1st hit activates nova so it goes on a cd of 0.375 sec, your 2nd hit does nothing because you hit every 0.3 sec and the cd is 0.375, and than your 3rd hit activates the nova. So you are looking for a skill that will activate novas with the least downtime on the 0.375 cd from the nova skill of holy relic. IMO 0.4 sec hit is better than 0.3 because you don't skip any novas.
Thank you very much for the build. I felt really easy leveling.
Perhaps you already asked these questions, I already read a couple of pages, but I'm afraid that I missed this moment.
I plan playn SHR in combination with HoP (because I got a Jewel for minion damage when herald is on :D)
So my question is - at the Pride and Zealotry there is not enough reservation, so what is the priority to choose for the main damage?
As I understand it, Zealotry gives more damage, but there is only spell damage, instead of pure physics.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Level 73. Just reached maps with my league starter. 4500 life and maxed resists. Going pretty well. Bought a 6l chest for 22 chaos because it popped up on a live search and had good stats.

link leap slam with faster attacks
"
C1K1 wrote:
"
baby_bot2 wrote:
"

If I'm not mistaken, hits per second count. So the relic has 0.3 seconds cooldown for him to pop his nova, goefri's legacy gives you 20-25% longer cd, so in the worst case 0.375 per nova fired. You need a skill that will hit in like 0.4 sec to maximize the dps, if your skill hits every 0.3 sec than you have a downtime. Lets say you hit every 0.3 sec. 1st hit activates nova so it goes on a cd of 0.375 sec, your 2nd hit does nothing because you hit every 0.3 sec and the cd is 0.375, and than your 3rd hit activates the nova. So you are looking for a skill that will activate novas with the least downtime on the 0.375 cd from the nova skill of holy relic. IMO 0.4 sec hit is better than 0.3 because you don't skip any novas.

Thank you!
Now I got it!
"
C1K1 wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Smerte wrote:
I haven't done any crafting on this game for a long time, so how do you go about crafting the end game staff for this build? Get high enough ilvl 6L warstaff base, orb of alt it untill you get +1 all gems roll, regal and hope you get something usefull and then craft +2 all support gems into it?

That's the general idea, yeah.
Detailed Guide
I would begin with an iLvl 50+ Warstaff base (6-linked ideally).
An iLvl 50 Vile Staff seems like a good choice for a base; we avoid some of the higher tiers of unwanted rolls, as well as have the highest attack speed on a staff so that Static Strike doesn't feel too slow.

Then, we use Alteration orbs until we hit that +1 to Level of Socketed Gems prefix.

Now we use a Regal orb and hope the staff gains a suffix. If it gains a prefix, that prevents us from having 3 crafted mods with minion damage. If we want to have 3 crafted mods, we have to try and save the staff with an annulment orb, or scour and start over. If you are limited on currency I would recommend just keeping the staff if it rolls a prefix after using a Regal orb.

All that is left now is to apply the +2 to Socketed Support Gems craft, or the 3 crafted modifiers craft followed by +2 to Socketed Support Gems and Minions deal % increased Damage, if we have two prefixes open.

If possible, a decent attack speed suffix will make Static Strike feel even faster, but this is more for comfort than performance.

Delve crafting is a bit tricky, and I'm not sure what the best course of action here is. My recommendation would involve spamming Aetheric Fossils on the staff, hoping we get both +1 to Level of Socketed Gems and Socketed Skill deal 20% more Spell Damage, while also having a prefix open. There is also the consideration of using Faceted fossils for the +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence/Strength Gems suffix, but that is both incredibly expensive and unlikely.

Overall, I would stick with the Alteration crafting method for simplicity's sake.

Hi playing these build as league starter, and was theory crafting the staff, and think that fossil craft is very good with faceted fossil on a Serpentine Staff, ilvl 50-54, you can get +1 to Level of Socketed Gems prefix and the delve mod +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems as a sufix, so with an open prefix we can add +2 to support gems but loose the multi mod, or if you are lucky will get 3 mods and than multi mod minion damage and +2 to support gems, just don't know is it better to get the int gem lvl or the mod increased minon damage.

There is an incursion mod suffix:
Minions have (36–40)% increased Attack Speed
Minions have (36–40)% increased Cast Speed
but i think that's impossible to get from fossil crafting but that mod and the other incursion mod prefix:
Minions deal (85–94)% increased Damage
Minions have 5% chance to deal Double Damage

look mighty fine, but to get that 2 with +1 to gem lvls with an open prefix is kinda a long shot, especially when that items need to drop...

TL;DR
do you think its better multimod for inc minion dmg or fossil craft for +1 gems +1 int gems and than just craft +2 support gems

I think multi-modding is more accessible and cheaper. If currency was no concern whatsoever, the other method you mentioned will certainly be more damage (but also certainly more expensive, due to the price of faceted fossils). Generally speaking, any increases to the gem level of Summon Holy Relic are going to be the best course of action.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Mar 17, 2020, 5:20:59 PM
"
winterfire7 wrote:
Thank you very much for the build. I felt really easy leveling.
Perhaps you already asked these questions, I already read a couple of pages, but I'm afraid that I missed this moment.
I plan playn SHR in combination with HoP (because I got a Jewel for minion damage when herald is on :D)
So my question is - at the Pride and Zealotry there is not enough reservation, so what is the priority to choose for the main damage?
As I understand it, Zealotry gives more damage, but there is only spell damage, instead of pure physics.

There is a couple of options for auras. The ones listed under the Skill gems section are easily acquirable and will be good enough for most purposes. The two others that could be used instead are Flesh and Stone, and Aspect of the Spider.

Play about with these auras + HoP in Path of Building, and see what you are able to socket while remaining below 100% reservation. Also consider picking up some extra '% reduced mana reserved' on the tree, jewel corruptions, or items, depending on your needs. An Enlighten gem might also come in handy.

Personally, if mana reservation is an issue, consider dropping both zealotry and pride for Flesh and Stone, Aspect of the Spider, HoP.
Hey man, first of all congrats on the nice guide!

I'm finishing the campaign and it has been a breeze. I'm using cyclone to proc the relics and was wondering how to sustain mana cost with so little unreserved mana. Do we need the -X channelling skills mana cost mod?

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info