[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

at what level do you get the 2nd holy relic?
the only way to get 2nd relic is Geofri's legacy crown
I want to thank Moosseolini for this great build.
Survivability & damage isnt easy to get at the same build.

For first time I managed to kill shaper deathless and have 36 challenges.

Next league will be again guardian for me. Maybe some herald skill this time.
Is possible use Divine Flesh in this build?
"
caioperego wrote:
Is possible use Divine Flesh in this build?

I was thinking of adding a timeless jewel to this build, and a Glorious Vanity - Xibaqua is probably the best option for that. If you get all of your resistances (including chaos res) capped, which is very do-able for this build, then I can see this being a solid defensive option for non-physical damage.
Where would you socket this? Most likely in the MoM area of the tree?

What about using a Doryani Timeless jewel for even more Energy shield?
I am considering playing this build for the next league and have a question regarding the hit rate and nova cooldown:

According to the wiki a Static Strike with 3 charges has a hit rate of 3.25 per second (so once every ~0.307s). The cooldown of the holy relic nova with a 20%/21% reduced cooldown roll on the helmet is 0.32s. From the numbers it seems that the nova will only proc every second static beam while having 3 charges. 2 charges (0.33s) and 1 charge (0.36s) don't have these problem (if my numbers are correct) and would lead to more damage.

Am I missing something in my calculations? If not, would it not be better to drop the Ancestral Call support and try to keep the chargecount between 1 and 2?
"
Themirror wrote:
I am considering playing this build for the next league and have a question regarding the hit rate and nova cooldown:

According to the wiki a Static Strike with 3 charges has a hit rate of 3.25 per second (so once every ~0.307s). The cooldown of the holy relic nova with a 20%/21% reduced cooldown roll on the helmet is 0.32s. From the numbers it seems that the nova will only proc every second static beam while having 3 charges. 2 charges (0.33s) and 1 charge (0.36s) don't have these problem (if my numbers are correct) and would lead to more damage.

Am I missing something in my calculations? If not, would it not be better to drop the Ancestral Call support and try to keep the chargecount between 1 and 2?

In practice, I can assure you that having static strike at 3 charges caused the relics to activate the nova with every hit. This was with a helmet that had 22% reduced cooldown.

If for some reason this changes in the future, then I suppose you can drop ancestral call and try to maintain static strike at 2 charges, or even swap to a different skill like Cyclone.

Could you show me how you arrived at the modified recovery cooldown for the relics? I would assume that an increased recovery cooldown would be somewhere between 0.25*1.2 and 0.25*1.25
Last edited by Moosseolini on Mar 9, 2020, 6:58:41 PM
"
Anduril15 wrote:
Where would you socket this? Most likely in the MoM area of the tree?

What about using a Doryani Timeless jewel for even more Energy shield?

The problem with these timeless jewels is how unpredictable they can be. The MoM part of the tree would be ideal to make use of the keystone, but there might be a better place with better minors/notables somewhere else on the tree.

Glorious Vanity - Doryani also provides a reasonable keystone. Personally, Xibaqua sounds stronger to me, but I can't say for certain without running tests/calculations.
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Could you show me how you arrived at the modified recovery cooldown for the relics? I would assume that an increased recovery cooldown would be somewhere between 0.25*1.2 and 0.25*1.25

From my knowledge the modified cooldown speed is CD/(1+mod), so in case of a 20% reduced roll 0.25/0.8=0.3125 (which is rounded to 0.31). This is also the result PoB shows for the cooldown.

edit: I looked at the Hunter Citatel video you posted in the starting post. I think there are some static beams that do not trigger the holy nova (between 1:44 and 1:47 you can see a good example). The gaps do not seem to be consistent and most of the beams proc the nova.
Last edited by Themirror on Mar 10, 2020, 2:16:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info