[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Themirror wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Could you show me how you arrived at the modified recovery cooldown for the relics? I would assume that an increased recovery cooldown would be somewhere between 0.25*1.2 and 0.25*1.25

From my knowledge the modified cooldown speed is CD/(1+mod), so in case of a 20% reduced roll 0.25/0.8=0.3125 (which is rounded to 0.31). This is also the result PoB shows for the cooldown.

edit: I looked at the Hunter Citatel video you posted in the starting post. I think there are some static beams that do not trigger the holy nova (between 1:44 and 1:47 you can see a good example). The gaps do not seem to be consistent and most of the beams proc the nova.

The gaps are indeed inconsistent in that example. Static strike at 3 charges seems to be doing better than proccing the relics every 2nd strike though.

I think some more testing needs to be done here to figure out what is going on. As it stands, I don't think going up to 3 charges on static strike (intentionally or by accident) is going to ruin the build's performance, but maybe 2 charges could be more optimal. Can't say for certain.
3.10 Patch notes
"
Summon Holy Relic
-Now displays the minion's life in the tooltip.
-Now has a cooldown of 0.3 seconds on its nova skill (from 0.25).

So this is a 20% increase in cooldown on its nova skill. Would that directly translate to a 20% decrease in dps? How do you think the build looks with this change? I haven't played it before but was thinking about starting with it.
"
adammccracken wrote:
3.10 Patch notes
"
Summon Holy Relic

So this is a 20% increase in cooldown on its nova skill. Would that directly translate to a 20% decrease in dps? How do you think the build looks with this change? I haven't played it before but was thinking about starting with it.

That translates to just under a 20% decrease in DPS after you get Geofri's Legacy. Before Geofri's, the build is un-impacted.

This does raise a different concern however, as now static strike may not be the best skill to activate the relics after you get Geofri's. I'll have to see what other skills can be used to trigger the relics on this new cooldown.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
That translates to just under a 20% decrease in DPS after you get Geofri's Legacy. Before Geofri's, the build is un-impacted.

This does raise a different concern however, as now static strike may not be the best skill to activate the relics after you get Geofri's. I'll have to see what other skills can be used to trigger the relics on this new cooldown.

Maybe Cyclone with reversed Knockback from Empire's Grasp, Infused Channelling, Life Gain on Hit and Fortify?
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
adammccracken wrote:
3.10 Patch notes
"
Summon Holy Relic

I mean I guess at the end of the day we're just looking at a bit less damage. Based on the videos you posted, damage was never really that big of an issue and based on your profile, your gear wasn't really even that well optimized. You don't even have a minion damage craft on your staff. Static strike should still work fine I imagine. Could also use cyclone too I guess. Probably just comes down to quality of life. Static strike seems nice to use. Slap something and run for 7 or 8 seconds.

If damage is an issue, probably just throw on a chest with skellies or spectres in it. Even just frenzy charge spectres more than makes up for the nerf. Will just have to wait and see if dps is an issue. My guess is it won't be until end game.
"
adammccracken wrote:

I mean I guess at the end of the day we're just looking at a bit less damage. Based on the videos you posted, damage was never really that big of an issue and based on your profile, your gear wasn't really even that well optimized. You don't even have a minion damage craft on your staff. Static strike should still work fine I imagine. Could also use cyclone too I guess. Probably just comes down to quality of life. Static strike seems nice to use. Slap something and run for 7 or 8 seconds.

If damage is an issue, probably just throw on a chest with skellies or spectres in it. Even just frenzy charge spectres more than makes up for the nerf. Will just have to wait and see if dps is an issue. My guess is it won't be until end game.

DPS shouldn't be an issue even with the nerf (which I think is a fine change). My only worry is how well static strike triggers the nova with the increased delay + Geofri's Legacy. Static strike is by far the most comfortable skill to use for triggering the relics in my opinion. Now, even with just one charge, static strike hits too fast to trigger the nova as it comes off cooldown (at least in theory). This might mean a different skill with a different attack rate is required to trigger the nova skill efficiently.

This is where some testing needs to be done to see whether static strike still activates the nova well or not.
Is there a change in the tree for the new Delirium Jewels? or do we dont need them?
"
Kalumba wrote:
Is there a change in the tree for the new Delirium Jewels? or do we dont need them?

You don't need any of the new jewels to use this build. That being said, those jewels look like they can provide some rather strong benefits to any build. If there is anything specific that the build could really benefit from regarding the new jewels, I'll add it to the guide. Otherwise, I leave the experimentation up to you.
I am new to anything with minions. Since we don't use Herald of purity once we can get enough mana reserve reduction to use pride we don't have 5 minions near us anymore which means half of the ascendancy node radiant crusade is useless right? We don't get perma onslaught or am I missing something?
"
Meaves wrote:
I am new to anything with minions. Since we don't use Herald of purity once we can get enough mana reserve reduction to use pride we don't have 5 minions near us anymore which means half of the ascendancy node radiant crusade is useless right? We don't get perma onslaught or am I missing something?

Onslaught from the ascendancy does nothing for our damage, as the nova from the relics doesn't scale with it. We do like the movement speed though, so we can conditionally trigger the onslaught using the Commandment of the Grave enchantment on our gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info