[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

How's the survivability of the relics? I played relics in the past with cyclone summoner and they kept dying in hard endgame content.
"
kompaniet wrote:
How's the survivability of the relics? I played relics in the past with cyclone summoner and they kept dying in hard endgame content.

I'm still newish, having gotten to T14 maps on here and they have only died due to an elemental reflect map I wasn't paying attention to the mods on.

For the most part, they are untargetable by badguys, and ground effects don't hurt them, so as long as you aren't standing in, say a shaper beam or something, they should be fine.
I've been playing much more casually than I usually play (started late and all, around Christmas) but I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey of this build.

I originally started as a cheap hybridised version of this and Woolfio's version, using dual +1 spell skill gems daggers (for pseudo Empower 3) and a Rotting Legion 5 link (for the pseudo 6 link). This took me easily into Tier 8-10 maps. Total cost at the time of the character was literally 1-5c per slot.

I'm going to try and generally answer some questions floating around.

Survivability of the relics is directly relation to the gem level, there's good reason for the lengths being taken to raise that level as high as possible (obviously damage too lol). Beyond that you can also pick up some survival nodes on the tree (minion life/phys reduction/leech/regen. Worth noting relics have 75% resists, tree resists are not useful and wasting a gem link on Elemental Army isn't acceptable in a full phys spell build).

I will say I've tried both Cyclone and Static Strike, and I'd like to point out for anyone reading the guide or the comments, try both and see which you prefer. I personally like Static Strike since I can actively avoid mechanics without halting the dps of my Holy Relics. I also like pianoing my flasks, hitting a Static Strike and running non-stop for 8-ish seconds. Cyclone with some form of LGoH is also a solid layer of defense to add to the already solid list of defensive layers and to some player might be a preferable play style to stop and hit and run. Try it out for yourself and see. I will say on the note of Guardian conditional block/spell block, Static Strike will not refresh the timer with beams. Worth a note if you're paying attention to your defenses while bossing that you'll need to use the initial hit to refresh the block chance buff.

Level 1 Cyclone likely for dex requirements, not sure since I didn't use it for very long.

Alternative support structures have been proposed here, I'd like to share mine which is a simple 4 link Zombies for defensive purposes (the damage of Holy Relics is way more than enough to me to justify Spectres personally), and a little minion life/phys mit on the tree + Elemental Army (lucky corrupt took Zombies to 80% resist) and these guys haven't died to Sirus in a long time:

Spoiler

(for mapping and most if not all map bosses)

(for Conquerors/Sirus/Fully juiced Metamorphs.

My defenses being 7.2k life and 1k ES for an 8k EHP pool, ele weakness in awakener-8-red-maps over capped (it's 112% now not 109% anymore, and I have a couple of max res floating about so my lowest res is at 114%), maxed chaos res, approx 40% phys mit with no flasks, approx 75% with flasks up not counting mit from Molten Shell + Enfeeble on CwdT and finally Aspect of the Spider (on top of all the block/regen/ascendancy gubbins). I cannot stress enough how nice Aspect of the Spider is if you're a bad player like me, it slows down the boss fights to a much more comfortable level for me (and a little damage boost too, not far away from banner which I dropped).

The majority of things here were done by me (levelling/flipping gems/corrupting for 21/slamming hunter for %life on belt/Spider craft/30% corrupt) selling 21/20 holy relics that I lucked out on funded quite a bit of my additions lol. I bought the 21 zombies after mine went 19 D: I chanced the helm recently (approx 900 scour chance, probably more but I forget), the inc AoE is superb QoL but entirely uneeded (for example on metamorphs, relics can clear the adds all over spawning while sitting on the metamorph which wasn't really possible before getting the enchant). I corrupted the chest for 30% before learning about what catalysts were/do, ah well missed a bit of life or armour. Empower 4 was a gift from a guildie (shout outs to Klip).

Currently saving towards another hunter exalted to slam that juicy +1 on ammy and hope for int, what's the worst that can happen :D

Thanks very much to Mooselini for the guide and Geraki2019 for giving me the inspiration to use a life chest es as % of life craft to replace Kaoms, I was personally struggling with the lack of sockets (portal is life).

For anyone new/struggling, feel free to ping me in game, if I'm online, I'm happy to help out.
Last edited by digiTuum on Feb 8, 2020, 9:40:22 PM
Hello, really nice build !

I have a question about Ascendancy Classes, when i try Necromancer in PoB the Damage is much higher, why Guardian is better choice ?

Sorry for my bad English.
"
Sve89 wrote:
Hello, really nice build !

I have a question about Ascendancy Classes, when i try Necromancer in PoB the Damage is much higher, why Guardian is better choice ?

Sorry for my bad English.

To put it very simply;

Necromancer gives more damage, but has less tankiness.
Guardian gives less damage, but has more tankiness.

The choice is mostly preference at the end of the day, as the skill tree changes very little between the two ascendancies. I prefer Guardian for the nice survivability nodes like Bastion of Hope and Time of Need. Necromancer only really offers Bone Barrier in terms of survivability.
Hi moo, how to deal with reflect maps?, relic (phys reflect) + static strike (ele reflect)
Ty
"
BETTERPC wrote:
Hi moo, how to deal with reflect maps?, relic (phys reflect) + static strike (ele reflect)
Ty

For ele reflect, I just swap increased duration or fortify (depending on map tier, high tier I keep fortify) for brutality so we deal no elemental damage.

For phys reflect, unreserve some mana and prepare to cast summon holy relic on every pack since they will die regularly. Alternatively, do what I do and just roll over this map mod, I have only done 1 phys reflect map this league (or sell the map if it's corrupted and buy some other) and it was painful enough to never do it again :D
Any thought to using leap slam/faster attacks for mobility? It procs the guardians when you land, and it lets you leap around maps nuking stuff faster than running around...
"
muskaos wrote:
Any thought to using leap slam/faster attacks for mobility? It procs the guardians when you land, and it lets you leap around maps nuking stuff faster than running around...

If you have the sockets and it feels good, go for it, idk how it feels with our attack speed, and a 1 socket flame dash is instant. I personally prefer teleport skills because I hate clicking doors :D
"
digiTuum wrote:
"
muskaos wrote:

If you have the sockets and it feels good, go for it, idk how it feels with our attack speed, and a 1 socket flame dash is instant. I personally prefer teleport skills because I hate clicking doors :D

I replaced your two blue sockes on the gloves with leapslam and faster attacks, and it plays a lot like Leapquake from Diablo III. I understand your point about clicking on doors though, I literally feel your pain. Been playing ARPGs since the original Diablo 1, and my wrists are shot. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info