[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Hi, I'm currently at min-maxing my characters and noticed a few things that want to share:

I often forgot to Lightning Spire Trap, so i removed that setup and move my movement ability to the Gloves and use Wave Of Conviction on the Wand with Trigger Socketed Spell when you use a skill.

Since we only have increased lightning damage from gear and tree, it's a -25% to enemy lightning resistant at almost 100% uptime for bossing (4sec duration on a 4 sec internal cooldown).

The Storm Brand and Increased Critical Strikes Support on my wand is for the Elusive + Tailwind boots. Tailwind have almost 90% uptime while mapping (Only downtime is when the 4s cooldown triggered by movement skill between packs), and Elusive have ~75% uptime from my experience depend on density.

Their purpose is only to trigger crit/exposure so I kept them at level 1 to prevent kill-stealling from our trap (for Boots enchant) and in case of Ele-reflect map.

At level 1 Wave of Conviction still somehow hurts when I hit a group of mobs in a ele-reflect map, but no problem with solo-ing reflect boss. (Need to be careful not to hit 10+ mob in a reflect map or un-socket out temporary)

Since they're ez to craft this league why not get a pair of them.

These make mapping super fast, and bossing is easier with the action speed.

PS: I use Smoke Bomb + Second Wind Support (Assign Detonate Mines on left mouse button) to zoom-zoom-zoom across map. It feels a lot faster than Flame Dash but lose a huge chunk of dps from Arcane Surge.

Unnerve is also a big dps increase for our build, it put a 10% increased spell damage taken on the enemy side. We can get it on either on one of these:
- Hunter Gloves
- Curse-based cluster Jewel (Master of Fear)
- Hunter wand (suffix)

On paper, a Hunter + Shaper glove with trap + unnerve should gives more dps than a Shaper with trap + projectile (more vs increased); But it's too expensive so I went with the Cluster Jewel (I have conductivity ring for the curse).

Also change from Alira to +2 Passives point for the Cluster since Elemental Resistants and crit are ez to craft this league.

This sync with the new belt enchantment we got this league as well (not 100% sure if it works):

To retain the Frenzy Charge after I upgrade the anointment from Master Sapper to Tranquility, I use a +1 to minimum Frenzy Charge on one of my rings and change Increased Duration Support on the helmet to Coldsnap. This will give consistent Frenzy Charge while mapping, but only one charge during bossing that doesn't spawn mobs.

This is my current DPS without Flask active:

After flask active:

POB: https://pastebin.com/Cb0GrWeS (I have Enemy Unnerve turn on and Wave of Conviction set to lightning)

Also got a lucky drop from my first UE of the league:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, thanks for the build and keep up the good work.
Apologize for the long-ass post.

Edit: Trigger socketed spell gem cooldown was 4 second not 5. And some typo
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Aug 3, 2020, 9:25:12 AM
"
Hi, I'm currently at min-maxing the my characters and noticed a few things that want to share:

Hey there m8!
No worries for the post length lol, it's nice when people post their min-max experiences and share their ideas for them imo. That's definitely an expensive min max you're going for but it looks justifiably fun(and ofc harvest allows some crazy items to be relatively affordable compared to the past lol);)
I'm probably too attached to my spire traps, just cause I feel like they make a lot of bosses pretty much instant phasing when comboed with LT, but maybe you can post a vid of some t16 boss/endgame boss kills with your min/maxed setup without LT. (I know you got insane gear atm, also a very nice shavs with +2 for traps;P)

I feel like i'm instant annihilating the endgame bosses now (T16 enslaver https://www.twitch.tv/videos/698257653), so any useful min/max won't really be damage but QOL.

I like your wand and could see dropping my CWDT or Spire for zooming with extra movement speed of elusive/tailwind in maps if I was to min/max for efficiency/speed:P That'd only be advisable super late game though for anyone else reading this lol, since you'll want your spire trap damage, unless or until you reach a point like overmind92 where you have crazy gear and just wanna add QOL (speed and efficiency etc)

When I do fast mapping to setup a new Sirius or such, I swap my rare shield out with a 20% movement speed shield, since I don't need ALL my aura's to just speedily clear T16 maps.

That's a pretty crazy dps LT jewel you dropped from Elder btw;P

Btw did you try Test/POB a thread of hope setup for glancing blows?

Really nice post mate, thanks for sharing your exp :)

Last edited by oestergreen on Aug 3, 2020, 2:31:15 AM
Here's some video of my char:

Not insta-kill but still doing good damage.

• Didn't have a T16 Elder map so I use a Maze of Minotaur: https://youtu.be/-Ikm_Wp2K1c
• A8 Sirus (before I got my belt's enchantment): https://youtu.be/ImGEgqHrTDE
• Some random Delve: https://youtu.be/Oof1ritz-n8
• A8 Hunter (Map lvl: 81): https://youtu.be/luZoulXTuJo
• Pit of Chimera: https://youtu.be/8FgXt0ErZJM

Not hyper fast like the other speed build but I felt a lot faster than before I upgrade.

the Sirus' fight sequence was bugged, should be harder according to my other experiences with Sirus (He was suppose to use Everlasting Fire before Feel the Thrill of the Void), I usually get 0~1 death on average

----

One of the best things about Trap is our corruption tends to be way cheaper than the other build, Socketed Trap or Mine implicit was considered "bricked" from other players' perspective.

I bought mine for 5ex at the time and sold my un-corrupted one for 2.5ex. You can even get one for like 3ex but I like to add some extra defenses (around ~4% element reduction per 1% max resist)
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Aug 3, 2020, 11:09:52 AM
"

Yeah you can put a very large jewel below the Faith and Steel node.

But I can't do that because my fire resistant was at 76/77%, will need more to counter the reduce resistant from it.

The extra strength from the path also helps with Blood Magic's requirement.

The shield cluster for the resistant, the block chance and 40% ES from shield are good to me. My shield have +1% per block instead of the Spell Damage,so that helps me get to 74% increased damage without flask.

A note: a T2+ spell/lightning damage on the shield should be better than the increased damage per block chance since we didn't get +max block (capped to 75%), but it's harder to get high tier and need a lot of remove/aug because it competes with other caster/lightning mod. Awakener's orb are more expensive but I craft that earlier when it was still 2+ex (from drop didn't bought it)
"
"

Yeah you can put a very large jewel below the Faith and Steel node.

But I can't do that because my fire resistant was at 76/77%, will need more to counter the reduce resistant from it.

The extra strength from the path also helps with Blood Magic's requirement.

The shield cluster for the resistant, the block chance and 40% ES from shield are good to me. My shield have +1% per block instead of the Spell Damage,so that helps me get to 74% increased damage without flask.

A note: a T2+ spell/lightning damage on the shield should be better than the increased damage per block chance since we didn't get +max block (capped to 75%), but it's harder to get high tier and need a lot of remove/aug because it competes with other caster/lightning mod. Awakener's orb are more expensive but I craft that earlier when it was still 2+ex (from drop didn't bought it)

Aye, those are the main reasons I didn't go with thread of hope for the build, that's why I was curious if you had. (i also explained it a bit in the guide) The pathing to glancing is just too good synergy with multiple things we need. The resists, the str and the spell-block i'm able to get when pathing there and ofc the % dmg from arcane swiftness for each block %.

I think my next currency throw-away will be a +2 shavs;P indeed they are quite damn cheap for us, which is awesome. Originally my attraction to traps was that everything was super cheap and luckily it's still so even 5 leagues later:)

Hey All -

Just wanted to say thanks for the build! I decided to pump everything i had into this one to have it be my last build

I took a similar approach to overmind re: lightning spire, unnerve and wave of conviction, which I cast manually. I could prob actually fit in a LS trap, but i like having my portal gem and everything dies so quick.

The open socket in the helm was me experimenting with other cwdt choices. Also once I push through 2 more levels to open another socket, I can get some strength on a jewel and get back that 30 pt node. I also have an open affix or two on gear that I've been leaving open to further craft.

My pob if anyones is interested: https://pastebin.com/xpCBbaV5

Unflasked:

Flasked

I'm in the process of super min maxing and was thinking about Explosives Expert.

If we take Expeditious Munitions as well as Set and Forget via cluster, would the 70% increased trigger radius be enough to trigger our traps consistently to not need Chain Reaction? On my paper that would be a 20% dps increase and only really require adding some fire damage on somewhere on a jewel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the guide, it was a great frame of reference and starting point!

Last edited by dperls on Aug 4, 2020, 11:19:33 AM
Hello ,

Firstly , amazing build.Thanks for sharing.

I have extra 15-20 exalts to invest , any suggestion for ? I am not a new player but not that much experienced either.

Thanks again for sharin , you made my league :)

Last edited by HammeR06 on Aug 5, 2020, 4:21:30 PM
Nice build OP,

Quick questions, I tried searching the thread but I could not find an answer so sorry if I am double posting...

How do you shock if both the lightning trap and the spire use Elemental focus? Do we just need 1 to have ele focus and a different support on the other?

PS. I am still a newb to all of this stuff, 6 leagues in and still confused :)
Last edited by Kolziger on Aug 7, 2020, 3:22:16 PM
"
Kolziger wrote:
Nice build OP,

Quick questions, I tried searching the thread but I could not find an answer so sorry if I am double posting...

How do you shock if both the lightning trap and the spire use Elemental focus? Do we just need 1 to have ele focus and a different support on the other?

PS. I am still a newb to all of this stuff, 6 leagues in and still confused :)

We're using Summons Skitterbot to shock.
Perfect, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info