[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I am thinking of using this build in 3.12 . Still usable? any updates?
hack and slash , all the day :)

Proud beta member since patch 0.9.5!
I'd also want to use this build, I analysed POB and some stuff and I wonder why we use Inspiration with Traps? The description says that Inspiration does not work with traps, only reduced mana. That's all we get from it and I suppose it is worth it? There are a lot of alternate quality gems that would definitely improve the build, but I just wonder if the damage will be good.

Trap and Mine Damage Support gives really interesting quality:
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Mana Cost
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Mana Reserved

But I'd love to hear from the build author, because I'm still a noob really xD
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Lenolye wrote:
Any thoughts on how the glancing blows change in Heist will affect the block aspect of this build?

Would it now be better to accept the lower block chance and not take the keystone at all or continue with glancing blows?

I have to see the patch notes to really say for certain, since it also depends if there are other changes that will affect us.

But if glancing is the only change, then i'll most likely keep it and just embrace the 15% nerf, since the pathing still offers nice utility (spellblock/resist wheel while going through STR nodes).

Altho in late game and when you've got currency, I can imagine changing it/going for spellblock via cluster jewels potentially or some new stuff:)

I was thinking the same thing. After looking over the patch notes and gem qualities I think I will be starting this at league start (rip lightning rares tho, crackling lance is gonna make things interesting for us) and using the keystone until I get high enough level and gear to move block to cluster jewels.

One thing I Wanted to add for anyone else starting with this and gearing as you go, once you take zealots oath Enduring Cry on second wind makes an amazing life flask to heal back small damages while in CI. Since there are extra gem slots before going low life it's a 2 link combo I strongly recommend for anyone who struggles with the early CI life. Once block is up and a greater pool of ES is achieved it becomes less useful but worth looking into if you have 2 open slots on gear.
i am a quite noobi and have not a lot of time :(

will this build work next path?
"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
I'd also want to use this build, I analysed POB and some stuff and I wonder why we use Inspiration with Traps? The description says that Inspiration does not work with traps, only reduced mana. That's all we get from it and I suppose it is worth it? There are a lot of alternate quality gems that would definitely improve the build, but I just wonder if the damage will be good.

Trap and Mine Damage Support gives really interesting quality:
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Mana Cost
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Mana Reserved

But I'd love to hear from the build author, because I'm still a noob really xD

Don't worry, it's just an easily misunderstood text on the gem.

You(the player and not the traps) get inspiration charges for spending mana, hence you gain the buffs (and have the lower mana cost which we need in this build and inspiration is a must)

"
Rakutsi wrote:
I am thinking of using this build in 3.12 . Still usable? any updates?

It's definitely still as strong, just a slight nerf to glancing blows, which you'll recover late game via other means if you choose to.
I also don't see any changes to the skill-tree that would affect our pathing or the build, neither any ascendancy changes, so the skill-tree remains the same as 3.11.
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 17, 2020, 10:01:51 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

You(the player and not the traps) get inspiration charges for spending mana, hence you gain the buffs (and have the lower mana cost which we need in this build and inspiration is a must)

Okay, thanks :) Extra question: Do you think any alternate quality gems could work better or we wait for POB update?

Thanks for help and have a good league start :)
"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Okay, thanks :) Extra question: Do you think any alternate quality gems could work better or we wait for POB update?

Thanks for help and have a good league start :)

I don't think so mate and the update luckily didn't affect us, so we're still as strong as last leagues:) The glancing 15% nerf, everyone just has to eat that one and most likely late-game exchange glancing for cluter jewels with +block.

And you too m8, goodluck!
"
oestergreen wrote:

I don't think so mate and the update luckily didn't affect us, so we're still as strong as last leagues:) The glancing 15% nerf, everyone just has to eat that one and most likely late-game exchange glancing for cluter jewels with +block.

And you too m8, goodluck!

Okay, thanks so much! I will try to experiment a bit later :)
Going to give this one a go. Wish me luck :)
"
iiDWESTii wrote:
Going to give this one a go. Wish me luck :)

Happy trapping m8, see you in Heist. :)
I'll be playing so much as I can (work schedule-.-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info