[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I apologize in advance in case of any typos or bugged links/missing stuff that I'll be updating on the fly as I catch it! This was a very very big and complicated update to filter into an already existing guide, without getting a bunch of conflicts and links and god knows what else that broke when re-posting it all, but now it's up and running :)

Cheers and have fun! even if this league is a bit strange, i'm finding it good fun and i'm loving the glancing blows being on the skill-tree, hence my main inspiration for this big update

If you find my guide/work useful, throw me a follow @twitch.tv/dissentxtv

"
🆕🔥❗ MAJOR 2020 UPDATE!:

Major changes focusing on: making the build even more tanky while retaining our strong damage to easily take down endgame bosses.
Also focusing on better explaining how you can beat everything in the game while in lower end gear.

🆕New title - coining it "a battletrapper" now! ;p
🆕New skilltree! Max-Block! tanky trapper. (level 100 tree and level 75 tree/leveling)
🆕New main POB (max block) with lots of notes added in the POB. (use pob community fork version!)
🆕New alternative thread-of-hope skill-tree example. (This is coming in next days, but I added notes about it in the POB notes)
🆕New/updated gem section with priority orders.
🆕New videos all recorded with new Max-Block 3.11+ skilltree.
🆕New/updated lvl 1-28+ progress explanations.
🆕New mid and lategame alternative/cheaper items explained (look under GEAR >> low life budget gear - how to run this on a budget with no expensive reserve shield, no enlighten gems and still farm endgame bosses)
🆕New ascendancy order (imo go for pyromaniac first) and updated pantheons explained.
🆕New jewels (removed watchers eye as a "suggested jewel", it's simply too rare/expensive since 3.9 to belong in any guide imo)
🆕New cluster jewel section and examples/priorities!
🆕New/updated crafting section. How-to-get our helm (with the 3.10 changes) and our trapper gloves.
🆕New/updated FAQ section with more of the most typically asked Qs and As.
p.s. *cough* https://www.twitch.tv/videos/681130612 --- T16 boss? O.o... dies like a white monster, lol;)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 16, 2020, 1:00:22 AM
I just wanted to say Thank you so much for putting up this guide!
I never enjoyed a build like this in a while.
And I had a blast making this shield from scratch.
I still feel squishy and die a lot, but I'm trying to improve while having fun with this build :D

"
oHeSHaMx wrote:
I just wanted to say Thank you so much for putting up this guide!
I never enjoyed a build like this in a while.
And I had a blast making this shield from scratch.
I still feel squishy and die a lot, but I'm trying to improve while having fun with this build :D

Very nice shield m8! If you store up a bunch of "add def/remove def" you'll be able to make that even even nicer;) The block es% suffix is easily re-addable, since it's the only defence suffix on a shaper shield, so it's guranteed.

So that means u can afford to spam some add def/remove def, until you hit a high ES stat in prefixes.

That's how I made my own shield

and thanks for the kind words m8
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 16, 2020, 9:58:19 AM
Looks like the cluster jewel part is linking the wrong items.
"
MZaccone wrote:
Looks like the cluster jewel part is linking the wrong items.

Sorry - all the item indexes broke when updating the post with new items, so I had to go back and manually replace a whole lot of them.. some failed. It's corrected now, thanks for letting me know :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 16, 2020, 10:11:05 PM
Thanks for the update, currently transitioning to shield nodes, seems like a noticeable upgrade.

I have a question however about your "Budget Gear for low-life. (Early Mapping)". If you go low-life with this shield, before having a shav, you get oneshotted by almost any chaos damage? Or did I miss something ?
"
TKz wrote:
Thanks for the update, currently transitioning to shield nodes, seems like a noticeable upgrade.

I have a question however about your "Budget Gear for low-life. (Early Mapping)". If you go low-life with this shield, before having a shav, you get oneshotted by almost any chaos damage? Or did I miss something ?

Yes mate, going low-life 100% requires a shavs (well, technically there are other items such as solaris chest plate, but irrelevant for this build). A 5L Shavs is enough to start you out and even to clear pretty much any boss, especially while using this Prism shield because it makes it so you can run all your dmg and defense aura's without any enlighten gems or expensive mana reduce shaper shield/redeemer helmet etc.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 18, 2020, 3:33:02 PM
thanks
Last edited by Erturkk on Jul 18, 2020, 6:00:43 PM
Hi, thanks for the guide again.

For crafting gloves you said that the goal is to aim for two trap stats.
But from poedb.tw, all trap and mine stats are from the same group, they shouldn't be able to roll together right? At best we can get is Projectile + Trap.

"
Gloves, I almost always go for 2 trap stats, via using a shaper base, prefer ilvl 84.
I spam alterations, augment and regal until I'm lucky with having either 2 trap stats, or 1 trap stat and strong ES.
If so, I buy a 2nd base and start using the ones with 1 trap stat, while I continue crafting on the 2nd base trying to get 2 trap stats.
I always want trap throw speed as one of my 2 trap stats, then the 2nd one can be either trap and mine damage or projectile damage, both works for us. (trap and mine damage being the better of the 2)
(Look at the shield section of crafting, for an in-depth example of how to craft a base)

From poedb:

----------

This is my current gloves:

I'm currently deciding whether to remove the life mod from it and buy an influence augment for the 3/4 chance to hit projectile damage. (Somewhere around one exalted)

----------

By the way, Shaper-influenced Titanium Spirit Shield is so expensive now (4ex), it cost almost as high as an Awakener's Orb lol.

If we're going to craft a bi-influenced shield what do you think of the second influence? (Slamming Shaper to other cheaper influenced titanium spirit shield)

Warlord - +2 min endurance charge for permenant 8% physical reduction.
Crusader - ES regen? Other mod are pretty much overlapped with Shaper's.
Hunter - +2 max resist? Or slam Hunter's mana reserve to crusader ES on block.
Redeemer - +2 min frenzy charge (Annoints Tranquility)
Elder - increase damage per % to block attack

----------

Apologize for the wall of text :P
Here's a ring that I crafted, conductivity on hit WORKS with traps!!

Last edited by the_overmind92 on Jul 19, 2020, 12:48:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info