[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
KoTJIeTkA wrote:
Hi
Build is really good
Somewhere I made my corrections, and overall I like it>>

Hey m8, thanks=)

We run Elem Focus because we get shock from skitterbots. Also remember that shock has to be applied on first hit, before it deals extra damage on the 2nd hit, so generally running fast maps etc, you want elem focus to screen-clear faster.
As for bosses we got skitters and also if I understood correctly (bear in mind, this info is from 2018 when I made the guide and there has been changes to how shock works/is applied i believe, though not sure if they change this part) - but generally, shock strength is based on how much damage you deal in a single hit vs the boss max health. Lightning trap shoots 9 projectiles (9 hits) so you're not delivering 1 big single hit, but rather 9 potential hits.
Skitterbots however don't care about elem focus in your main link and doesn't care for hit calculations or whether you critted, they apply their debuffs regardless.

If anyone is a guru on shock and the mechanics behind it, feel free to chime in and update me if my information is outdated or wrong on this:)

Inspiration is in the guide as your 6L, it's definitely a must.

Also for everyone:
I'm planning a big big guide update since i've been playing this league quite a bit and I feel there's a lot of things I can update now.
It'll include my new variation of the build with max block and cluster jewels and new optimized itemization while leveling and for the endgame, focusing on making it cheaper to reach max potential.
When I first tried this build in Metamorph I went Glancing Blows to face tank the metamorphs, and it was godlike as Arcane Swiftness made me do MORE damage than not going block. Unfortunately/fortunately for some with the Glancing Blows change I had to dedicate more skill points to get to Glancing Blows. Feels a little bit weaker but Cluster jewels made it easier to pick up spell block (esp if I've used flame dash recently):

I ended up using a Thread of Hope to skip over to Glancing Blows so that I could invest in clusters, since my gem links are too crowded to fit Arcane Surge and 3-slot small clusters give a lot of ES (and harvest crafting makes it muuuuuch easier to cover for the negative resists on Thread of Hope).

Overall it feels like maybe a slight damage dropoff from Metamorph, but with much-increased quality of life via clusters.

I don't use PoB, but was wondering if you specced out any differences in damage/ES from using a Thread of Hope/not? I'm open to dropping the thread but my skill tree feels so spread out as it is lol. Also curious if you have any physical mitigation tactics for this build - currently patchworking a chaos golem/minimum endurance charge/5% taken as on a timeless jewel.

Thanks for building this guide! It was a great spot to learn about LL mechanics
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
KoTJIeTkA wrote:
Hi
Build is really good
Somewhere I made my corrections, and overall I like it>>

Hey m8, thanks=)

We run Elem Focus because we get shock from skitterbots. Also remember that shock has to be applied on first hit, before it deals extra damage on the 2nd hit, so generally running fast maps etc, you want elem focus to screen-clear faster.
As for bosses we got skitters and also if I understood correctly (bear in mind, this info is from 2018 when I made the guide and there has been changes to how shock works/is applied i believe, though not sure if they change this part) - but generally, shock strength is based on how much damage you deal in a single hit vs the boss max health. Lightning trap shoots 9 projectiles (9 hits) so you're not delivering 1 big single hit, but rather 9 potential hits.
Skitterbots however don't care about elem focus in your main link and doesn't care for hit calculations or whether you critted, they apply their debuffs regardless.

If anyone is a guru on shock and the mechanics behind it, feel free to chime in and update me if my information is outdated or wrong on this:)

Inspiration is in the guide as your 6L, it's definitely a must.

Also for everyone:
I'm planning a big big guide update since i've been playing this league quite a bit and I feel there's a lot of things I can update now.
It'll include my new variation of the build with max block and cluster jewels and new optimized itemization while leveling and for the endgame, focusing on making it cheaper to reach max potential.

One of the reasons why I did this is because I couldn't craft a shield with 15 mana reserves, so I did this
Anyway, this damage is enough for all content
Good luck :)
P.S. I looked at your profile version with max block. Also a good thing
Last edited by KoTJIeTkA on Jul 13, 2020, 1:55:51 AM
"
mcloff wrote:
When I first tried this build in Metamorph I went Glancing Blows to face tank the metamorphs, and it was godlike as Arcane Swiftness made me do MORE damage than not going block. Unfortunately/fortunately for some with the Glancing Blows change I had to dedicate more skill points to get to Glancing Blows. Feels a little bit weaker but Cluster jewels made it easier to pick up spell block (esp if I've used flame dash recently):

I ended up using a Thread of Hope to skip over to Glancing Blows so that I could invest in clusters, since my gem links are too crowded to fit Arcane Surge and 3-slot small clusters give a lot of ES (and harvest crafting makes it muuuuuch easier to cover for the negative resists on Thread of Hope).

Overall it feels like maybe a slight damage dropoff from Metamorph, but with much-increased quality of life via clusters.

I don't use PoB, but was wondering if you specced out any differences in damage/ES from using a Thread of Hope/not? I'm open to dropping the thread but my skill tree feels so spread out as it is lol. Also curious if you have any physical mitigation tactics for this build - currently patchworking a chaos golem/minimum endurance charge/5% taken as on a timeless jewel.

Thanks for building this guide! It was a great spot to learn about LL mechanics

Very nice mate!
I was considering for awhile using thread of hope to get glancing blows, but I decided against it in the end, mostly because I felt the trade-off isn't worth it, even though i save those points, i also don't get the benefits of access to the spellblock/resist nodes and the strength solves my STR issues (req 111 str for lvl 20 blood magic supp).

But it's definitely a viable/interesting option to play around with if you have these things solved elsewhere (resists/str/spellblock etc) and can deal with the minus-resists.

Endurance charges would be really sweet, you could also potentially get them via a shield proc (random endurance, power or frenzy charge on block).
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/679928306 --- Shaper (Full run - great damage comparison. We've got strong pew pew even with max block)
Hello , i'm interested in trying this build is there SC PoB , since i see you play HC.

"
Eyk wrote:
Hello , i'm interested in trying this build is there SC PoB , since i see you play HC.

Most leagues I play SC, this one i'm also in SC, i'm just going for a 0 death run basically, but still in SC;P

The POB and guide is for both - there's a few places where I specifically write that you may wanna do X or Y, depending on whether you're in HC or SC.

I'm also releasing a big update soon, but if you wanna get started, simply look at my current character in harvest league and go from there - while leveling you go to the right side of the tree first to get the big trap nodes there.
When you switch from life to ES and equip shavs, just replace my shield with a 1c prism guardian, then you can run all auras easily without worrying on any expensive items (obviously aside from your shavs).

<<<put zealotry, wrath and discipline in the prism guardian>>>

Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 15, 2020, 3:23:44 PM
Hello, I'm really like traps and this build looks awesome, thanks for your work. Will you have some advices what I should upgrade next in my character? I'm dying very offen on T13 and higher maps with 5,5k ES.
"
Marval89 wrote:
Hello, I'm really like traps and this build looks awesome, thanks for your work. Will you have some advices what I should upgrade next in my character? I'm dying very offen on T13 and higher maps with 5,5k ES.

Yes m8, copy my current skill-tree from my harvest character so you get block.
It's not much re-work you have to do, prolly just 10 regrets or so will do.

Then you'll get a bunch of resist too, so you can drop that resist ring that has no ES on it and replace it with an ES heavy one. After that, think of getting a shaper shield with ES% recover on block.

Your next big item upgrade should be trying to get the amulet (presence of chayula onyx amulet) Stun immunity, 60 chaos res and a bunch more ES, will help you a lot in the survival department :)
I will try that, thanks for your support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info