[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
JuXiang wrote:
trash build keeps dying cus leech is shit regen is shit mitigation is shit.
spent over 80ex on the build to die in t11. =.=

Well, that isn't exactly the most constructive way to ask for help...

I can't imagine how you spent 80ex on this build (or even got 80ex for that matter -- I've never had more than 3ex at a time, ever) but I've spent about 6ex total (2 for Shavronne's Wrappings, 3 for Chayla amulet, and various small upgrades for 20-30 chaos) and I'm doing pretty well.

T13 maps are not an issue and usually when I die its because I did something stupid. I do get one-shotted by the occasional metamorph but again that's on me for giving him certain combinations of skills that aren't good for my health.

The thing is, this is definitely not a tank build. It's very much a hit and run build where you constantly move and avoid stuff and run in / run out frequently to allow your energy shield to regenerate. If you stand still, you'll definitely die. A lot.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 2, 2020, 8:36:35 PM
i have to admit i'm having some trouble with death myself.

but i've always found ES a bit tricky to play, because of the whole recharge thing. also, my ES is only 6.4k.

vaal discipline is absolutely essential.

also, i am finding that, since i can't run both skitterbots and zealotry, the skitter bots are much better - at this point in time -for me.

i don't even notice the loss of damage from zealotry, and the chill and trap detonation provided by the skitter bots seems to be making things smoother for me.

even though i LOVE playing trappers, I am aboslutely terrible about standing in-place and throwing traps. DON'T DO THAT. move. move. move !

finally, this build has 0 damage mitigation, so it's going to be easy-ish to kill. gotta have that big ES pool, or else. either that or great twitchy finger skills (which i don't have).

I really like my ammy that gives me the pierce. can't find a good helm with the pierce enchant, and no way am i running lab 100 times to try and get it. lol.

even though i die a bit more than i'd like, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. i love playing trapper, and a low-life trapper was a cool wrinkle on my standard trapper playing.

i'll go ahead and link my stuff. yes, i'm trolling for advice :-)

edit: grammar are hard
Last edited by plasticeyes on Jan 2, 2020, 8:31:24 PM
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i have to admit i'm having some trouble with death myself.

but i've always found ES a bit tricky to play, because of the whole recharge thing. also, my ES is only 6.4k.

vaal discipline is absolutely essential.

also, i am finding that, since i can't run both skitterbots and zealotry, the skitter bots are much better - at this point in time -for me.

i don't even notice the loss of damage from zealotry, and the chill and trap detonation provided by the skitter bots seems to be making things smoother for me.

even though i LOVE playing trappers, I am aboslutely terrible about standing in-place and throwing traps. DON'T DO THAT. move. move. move !

finally, this build has 0 damage mitigation, so it's going to be easy-ish to kill. gotta have that big ES pool, or else. either that or great twitchy finger skills (which i don't have).

I really like my ammy that gives me the pierce. can't find a good helm with the pierce enchant, and no way am i running lab 100 times to try and get it. lol.

even though i die a bit more than i'd like, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. i love playing trapper, and a low-life trapper was a cool wrinkle on my standard trapper playing.

edit: grammar are hard

You need to get your ulab ascendancy asap, you're lvl 89;P
Do you use POB? try load the POB link I posted on the previous page.
I gave Aqurnr a very similar response as I'd give you, so basically flip one page back and check my response to him and load up the POB:)

In short, you struggle because you very very much lack damage. You're 89 with 80k average dps, my char atm is 93 with 420k dps, 4 levels difference shouldn't mean a quadrupling of DPS and yes i don't have perfect gear or anything worth 80EX lol, my best item is the 6L shavs, I still don't even have my mana reserve gear or my jewels. But again, you'll of course struggle if you have so little damage, especially in this league where everything had its health buffed. But follow my response in this thread to those asking how to get more damage, you lack several essential and cheap items, example such as a 5c wise oak flask netting you 20k+ and scaling with your gear as you improve it.

"
JuXiang wrote:
trash build keeps dying cus leech is shit regen is shit mitigation is shit.
spent over 80ex on the build to die in t11. =.=

I assume you're a troll, but i'll bite for the hell of it ;)
If you spent 80ex and are dying in T11s, you probably picked the wrong shortcut on your desktop, the one you were looking for has a D with roman III numerals.

On my intermediate gear, my only really expensive item being my Shavs:)
T16 buffed Hydra map, boss and metamorph'd hydra.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/529914957?t=0m

Elder.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/529908495?t=0m

You're actually quite tanky if you don't play like a total dufus. Watch my stream and doing T16s with ANY mods/140+ quant.
27% spellblock, 45% attackblock, 1000+ ES regen per second, 100% blind on ALL monsters around you (aka 50% miss chance for any monsters near you) and vaal discipline for when you're in any "oh shit" situation. You can even further add shield-charge/fortify. Twitch streamer waggle used fortity setup in HC, with this build.

So that's for "no mitigation".

Idk how you can actually die if you got 10k+ ES with 80ex gear lol, don't go AFK in maps.
Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 2, 2020, 8:50:37 PM
I seem to be losing a lot of damage using a 15% mana reduc shield over a spell damage one. Would that extra damage be worth the 4 point sacrifice?

Dropping 2 jewel nodes would allow you to gain 50%+ spell damage, the ability to run clarity level 21, improved effect on aura, and a cheaper overall build.

Last edited by GodIsAGirl on Jan 2, 2020, 9:40:10 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

You need to get your ulab ascendancy asap, you're lvl 89;P
Do you use POB? try load the POB link I posted on the previous page.
I gave Aqurnr a very similar response as I'd give you, so basically flip one page back and check my response to him and load up the POB:)

In short, you struggle because you very very much lack damage. You're 89 with 80k average dps, my char atm is 93 with 420k dps, 4 levels difference shouldn't mean a quadrupling of DPS and yes i don't have perfect gear or anything worth 80EX lol, my best item is the 6L shavs, I still don't even have my mana reserve gear or my jewels. But again, you'll of course struggle if you have so little damage, especially in this league where everything had its health buffed. But follow my response in this thread to those asking how to get more damage, you lack several essential and cheap items, example such as a 5c wise oak flask netting you 20k+ and scaling with your gear as you improve it.

oh right ! i saw that and forgot you had provided it. thanks very much, i'll take a look and see what's going on.

i'm still after my #6 trial to get uber, i'll find it soon.

Thanks for the response.
a few notes.

the ulab ascendancy is not that important for damage, so i'm not sure why you think that's important.

also wise oak is way overrated. sure it's 20k dps, but only if you remember to use it. i can barely remember to use the diamond flask and that thing makes a huge, noticeable difference. what i'm saying is, i'm not very good !! lol

what is important is crit multi. you have a ton of crit multi, and that's making a huge difference. the 4 jewels that you have are worth about 150k dps.

the other thing is that you are completely underestimating how important that 6th link is. on your build it's worth over 100k dps.

The 20/20 and 21/23 gems are really important for damage, so i'll get there. just have to level up.

your wand is worth about 120k, and if i go look one up on poe trade it's 1 ex. i've spent 2ex on my whole build, including the shavs.

finally, you're just gud!

after looking at PoB i'm not worried. i need more gear that i can't afford. eventually i will be able afford it. then things will get better.

i'm casual. it takes me at least 1/2, and usually 2/3 of the league to get a build all set. most of my friends are already in the mid 90s and about to stop playing. lol.

also, i think it's a big win for you that even at your current state of the build, you are doing the hardest content, because in the scheme of things you really haven't spent that much. the best build i ever played, "Hank the Tank", was about 15 ex when all said and done. There is no doubt in my mind that this build, with 15ex, much less probably, will absolutely rock.

that's awesome and i look forward to getting there !

Thanks again for your help.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
a few notes.

the ulab ascendancy is not that important for damage, so i'm not sure why you think that's important.

Born in the Shadows is almost a 50% dodge, man. Couple that with 20% block from shield + 10% from Rumi's Concoction and we have very solid survivability for a spell build.
Last edited by xmadruguinha on Jan 3, 2020, 1:55:21 AM

this ench. is really good too...just -10dps in pob against yours Light. dmg
"
xmadruguinha wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
a few notes.

Born in the Shadows is almost a 50% dodge, man. Couple that with 20% block from shield + 10% from Rumi's Concoction and we have very solid survivability for a spell build.

but that's not what i was referring to. i already have born in the shadows, i get that _first_ because it's such a big survival boost.

i'm only missing chain reacton, and, according to PoB, chain reaction is not much of a damage boost.

I haven't got rumi's yet though, I'm sure that will help. what i've noticed, especially with the morphs is that most things that are killing me are 1-shotting me. all 6.3k gone in an instant. that's because of GGGs over-reliance as that as a "difficulty factor". sometimes that's just due to particularly nasty combinations of morph mods.

the other thing that's getting me, and this is my last 3 out of 4 deaths are DoTs.

i have a staunching flask, so i'm not clear if it's bleed or not.

some mobs are using caustic arrow, and that's particularly deadly, because i just can't get off the ground before my ES "bleeds out". trying to get a good chaos resist number is tough though, since we need lots of +%ES and +flat ES.

one of my deaths was because i was trapped on burning ground from a morph and it was doing horrendous damage, i literally couldn't get out of the room before it killed me. again, it must have been some weird combination of morph attributes.

edit: with respect to damage. jewels with crit multi, +%ES and trap damage are 50C+. again, they are major damage boosts, but it will take me a while to accumulate them. it's just going to take some time.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Jan 3, 2020, 2:13:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info